IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure?

Is this season a bust if we miss the playoffs.

• Total voters
Just because we don't cover the spread for your fancy or bolster your "fantasy" numbers doesn't mean we don't have, or for that matter do we we even need, "great" players. Super Bowl Champions do not play as individuals they play as a team, a family. Almost without question in champion post season play, it is not a star player that steps up to the plate and makes the the difference but someone that throughout the season was lost among the spotlight. It's a team game. And as of right now we are playing some damn good team football under coach Philbin. And if Joe has done what he seems to have, in terms of re-aligning the team's chemistry and continuity in the right direction during a period turmoil (ei: us against the world), we will be a force regardless of anyone's incessant number crunching.
And if so, that becoming "a force" will be reflected in the numbers. There won't be some magical method of winning that doesn't demonstrate itself statistically, as well, regardless of the impetus for it.

And if so, that becoming "a force" will be reflected in the numbers. There won't be some magical method of winning that doesn't demonstrate itself statistically, as well, regardless of the impetus for it.

Quick, type me out your equation for leadership.

Character.

Poise.

Confidence.

Trust among teammate(s), coach(es).

... Believe me, I know this is getting old fast. But I hope you're beginning to see a larger picture than just some twisted numbers summed up to fit your agenda. I can show you dozens upon dozens of box scores and raging boner statistics, pages and pages long. But if they're missing the final score they're pointless (get it).

Last edited by a moderator:
But what is the average YPA of quarterbacks when they throw at Grimes? How are we overlooking the most important statistic in football in favor of the eye test!?

Quick, type me out your equation for leadership.

Character.

Poise.

Confidence.

Trust among teammate(s)

... Believe me, I know this is getting old fast. But I hope your beginning to see a larger picture than some twisted numbers summed up to fit your agenda.
You don't think those characteristics of a team result in differences from other teams that can be measured statistically?

I assume you're aware that the scores of games and the teams' records are statistics, as well? :)

If you'd like to shun the kindness and take the direction of being a smart ass, I'm sure there are other forums for it, and you might want to scatter to do so. You're real "intelligence" is showing.

If you'd like to shun the kindness and take the direction of being a smart ass, I'm sure there are other forums for it, and you might want to scatter to do so. You're real "intelligence" is showing.
Actually I'm quite interested in how you've managed to theorize that there are important characteristics of teams that could cause them to win while translating to nothing measurable statistically, including scores of games and team records, but if you'd rather talk about me and how I conduct myself, then we can surely move on, because despite what some people here appear to believe, I don't find myself all that interesting a topic in comparison. :)

:bobdole: These smartass responses by Shou when someone doesn't agree with his "statistical expertise" are getting rather ridiculous and I'd say bordering on annoyance if you ask me.

70-71

Dont think i have ever seen a board poll so evenly split!
the fans who voted playoffs or not, i am happy with the progress this team has made, i feel they are content with mediocrity.

we started 3-0, we lost a bunch of games to below average teams in which we should have won, such as home vs buffalo, home vs balt ( they looked nothing like the defending superbowl champs when we played them, and still do not, so i dont care if they go on another magical run and somehow win superbowl again, that loss is still totally unacceptable), in tampa, and yes i know maybe they are not as bad as there 0-8 start indicated, but nonetheless, its not a game a good team should lose, carolina, we ****ing dominated them in the 1st half, and we got shutout in the 2nd half. unacceptable.

bottom line is this. its great to have faith in the team and all, and believe that things are headed in the right direction this time, and maybe this time is different, but until its actually proven to be different, its not. if this team loses today to a depleted pats team in our building, why should i or any fin fans have confidence that next year we will topple them? the pats have been as banged up as they have in a while this year, i am sure belichick and co will make the changes needed in offseason to get stronger, and if we cant beat a pats team without gronk and 2 wrs, and a depleted defense, its hard to believe this is not the same team that will give us moments of excitement and hope, but at the end of the day, crush us again.

that being said, i do expect to win today and this conversation should be a moot point unless we lose to buffalo or the jets, but thats for a different day.

go out and ****ing do what a good team is supposed to do in there building with season on line. dominate both sides of the ball, and beat up a depleted team.

No excuses.

Just because we don't cover the spread for your fancy or bolster your "fantasy" numbers doesn't mean we don't have, or for that matter do we we even need, "great" players. Super Bowl Champions do not play as individuals they play as a team, a family. Almost without question in champion post season play, it is not a star player that steps up to the plate and makes the the difference but someone that throughout the season was lost among the spotlight. It's a team game. And as of right now we are playing some damn good team football under coach Philbin. And if Joe has done what he seems to have, in terms of re-aligning the team's chemistry and continuity in the right direction during a period turmoil (ei: us against the world), we will be a force regardless of anyone's incessant number crunching.

Selfless bump.

Micheal Thomas, way to step up.

Back
Top Bottom