IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

IF we miss the playoffs this season, would you consider this season a failure?

Is this season a bust if we miss the playoffs.

• Total voters
The way I see it; any year the Fins do not win the Super Bowl is a failure.

The team is headed in the right direction but not getting that final wildcard spot in the pitiful AFC is a failure.

It´s pretty simple if McKinnie would have played all year and Clabo wasn't that terrible in the beginning Miami would be 9-4 easily. also officiating has been atrocious on us all year. Miami has done nice strides toward being a contender.

Honestly Officiating screwed the pats and ravens games, we should have already clinched the 6th spot .

Considering we can easily make the playoffs if we take care of business and the Ravens make one slip, yes. We have had ample opportunities to make ourselves a front runner for a playoff spot and blew being in the drivers seat from losing games that a contender never should have lost. We also sank a ton of money into improving a roster that went 7-9 last year. Progressing from that while still not getting a playoff spot is a marginal improvement at best and that's simply not good enough, especially after a 3-0 start against tough opponents meant that we only had to win 7 of 13 games to win a race to 10 wins.

i honestly predicted 10-6 season before the season started
but all i know is if we can get in these playoffs no team scares me at all! not even denver
only teams i worry about are in the NFC

To be fair ... Denver scares the **** out of me this year. :idk:

I don't see our FA's as being all that bad. Gibson was a very good pickup, Clabo has turned it around, Wallace gets a lot of flack, but with a new team, new scheme, a QB that hasn't shown he can throw the long ball consistently, and a terrible o-line for most of the year, I give him a pass. Hell he may still break 1000 yards this season. Not to mention how much it has opened up the middle of the field for our other guys. Ellerbe I'm not sold on, but haven't given up on either, Wheeler might suck but still not positive. Grimes was the FA pickup of the year in the whole league IMO.

Other than Grimes the FA have been bad. Gibson and Keller both hurt so I am not going to judge them, Gibson looked ok but we are paying him alot. Wheeler is terrible and overpaid. Ellerbe is ok and overpaid. Clabo was benched BEHIND Martin he was playing so bad and he almost single handedly cost us games. Wallace has been anywhere worth $16m. He stretches the field, but he doesn't fight for or adjust to balls in the air. We spent a TON of money and basically have 1 year of Grimes that we could say was definitely worth it. If you want to look back at all the other terrible FA decisions Ireland has made, feel free, there are lots of them.

Because we are 6 years into a rebuild and will have missed the playoff for the last 5 of them. Our last draft was awful, our last FA class was awful. Being OK with that is dopey. Apparently a lot of you are.

Our last draft was not awful. We have no idea how good the last draft will be. You never do in the first year!! I suppose Grimes is a bad free agent pickup. Yup, that is a horrible FA class.

i consider this season a success whether we make the playoffs or not. Assuming we at least go 8-8.

We seem to have a pretty solid coaching staff. A GM who is a jerk, but pretty decent at his job, and an Owner willing to spend money.[/QUOTE]

So after 5 years at the GM spot, you'd say Ireland is "pretty decent" if he manages to improve us from a 7-9 team to an 8-8 team? I'll bet beige is your favorite color.

Other than Grimes the FA have been bad. Gibson and Keller both hurt so I am not going to judge them, Gibson looked ok but we are paying him alot. Wheeler is terrible and overpaid. Ellerbe is ok and overpaid. Clabo was benched BEHIND Martin he was playing so bad and he almost single handedly cost us games. Wallace has been anywhere worth $16m. He stretches the field, but he doesn't fight for or adjust to balls in the air. We spent a TON of money and basically have 1 year of Grimes that we could say was definitely worth it. If you want to look back at all the other terrible FA decisions Ireland has made, feel free, there are lots of them.

Clabo, Keller, and Grimes signed for low contracts. The only player that has not been a positive return for the money (very low money) is Keller. The return on Grimes is like buying Apple stock for $10 ten years ago. Gibson's performance met the expectations of his contact value. Ellerbe and Wheeler have improve our coverage. If you do not believe me, go back and look at some of last years games. I do not agree with your evaluation.

We seem to have a pretty solid coaching staff. A GM who is a jerk, but pretty decent at his job, and an Owner willing to spend money.

So after 5 years at the GM spot, you'd say Ireland is "pretty decent" if he manages to improve us from a 7-9 team to an 8-8 team? I'll bet beige is your favorite color.[/QUOTE]

Ireland wasnt in full control those full 5 years. Parcells when President was calling the shots. Lets be fair here. in 3 years or w.e it has been.. Ireland has done a solid JOb.. Just look at his draft classes. He has a bunch of starters that were his own picks playing. Including a few guys picked in the 7th round who are contributing .

I'll be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs this year but not blow the whole thing up disappointed.

One pick I like is Don Jones in the 7th. If you can use a 7th round pick and get that much ST impact I think you've done well. I think those instincts and tackling ability will eventually start making an impact on defense in years to come. Good tackling is both instinct and athletic ability, and it definitely transfers from ST to defense.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

I've said it for weeks that the loss to Buffalo at home will (if we don't win out) be what wrecked our season. It was just so unnecessary. That was our game.

Punching a ticket to the dance is what the season is all about.

Every single year it's about getting to the playoffs.

Because as we all know every year we don't, there is all this, "Blow it all up!" talk.

The playoffs are the barometer. All or nothing. Playoffs we're good, no playoffs we're not.

Period.

Back
Top Bottom