ILB Chris Borland, Wisconsin in round two??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ILB Chris Borland, Wisconsin in round two???

He would be off my board for injury concerns

Looks like Chris Borland may be dropping in the draft because of his shoulder...from Twitter:

Bob McGinn ‏@BobMcGinn 45m
#Badgers ILB Chris Borland off one NFL team board with left shoulder problem. Has had two ops already on it; team M.D. feels he's need third

Here's more on Borland's shoulder issues.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/257212751.html
"The issue with his shoulder is that he had a repair and the screw has kind of slid down into the joint," the executive said. "So there's a feeling that he's going to have to have another surgery. It would be his third one."
Borland was a true freshman in 2009 when he played with a torn labrum in his left shoulder. After the season, he underwent surgery and sat out spring practice.

In 2010, Borland injured the same left shoulder early in the season, played in just two games and had more surgery. In December 2010, he had surgery on his right shoulder for a torn labrum.

Borland played the last three seasons without once appearing to favor either shoulder. He did miss two games in 2012 and one game in 2013 with right hamstring problems.
As for the timing of this information
This week, personnel staffs are meeting with medical staffs across the league to determine final medical grades on players. Teams generally place prospects in four or five categories of risk. Players with the highest degree of risk are removed from consideration, while those with descending risk might fall accordingly in draft rankings.

I'm not a fan of his whatsoever, gets pushed around by mediocre linemen and cant tackle for his life

CK brought up a guy and I watched quite a bit on him named Jack Tyler and he's every bit the instinctual player Borland is. He's probably not going to be your dime LB, but I like him being a guy who can help against the run.

I don't see a ton of difference in him and Borland personally.

Back
Top Bottom