I'll Defend Tannehill! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'll Defend Tannehill!

Would like to chime in here.

I think we have to somewhat meet in the middle here. By no means should we be throwing the towel in on Ryan Tannehill. The guy has nobody to throw to, this offensive line is a sieve (leaking everywhere), and the running game has been pathetic (also an O Line issue).

That being said, T Hill has had some accuracy issues. He's thrown some really great balls but I have also seen some that were head scratchers. Believe it or not, a lot of the picks were not included in my head scratching throws. They were mostly on short to intermediate routes where he has either overthrown or just plain missed his receiver. This could all be growing pains OR it could be a sign that this guy will simply not be an elite QB. That's the problem with accuracy issues. Sometimes guys can fix them and other situations they cannot. It's one of those traits you would like to see as a positive coming out of college.

We have to ride this guy out for the rest of the year and all of next year and truly see what he has. If he doesn't develop, you move on. I believe he may be able to develop into a VERY good QB, but he has to fix some things and this back office need to get him some playmakers AND bodies on the line that can play.

I see a qb who has choked away 2-4 games now with interceptions and can't lead back for a win. Not impressed the new car feel is over.

Actually I saw a QB that put us in position to win 2 of those 4 games and his teammates didn't come through. Football is a team game sir, this aint Tennis or Golf.

Would like to chime in here.

I think we have to somewhat meet in the middle here. By no means should we be throwing the towel in on Ryan Tannehill. The guy has nobody to throw to, this offensive line is a sieve (leaking everywhere), and the running game has been pathetic (also an O Line issue).

That being said, T Hill has had some accuracy issues. He's thrown some really great balls but I have also seen some that were head scratchers. Believe it or not, a lot of the picks were not included in my head scratching throws. They were mostly on short to intermediate routes where he has either overthrown or just plain missed his receiver. This could all be growing pains OR it could be a sign that this guy will simply not be an elite QB. That's the problem with accuracy issues. Sometimes guys can fix them and other situations they cannot. It's one of those traits you would like to see as a positive coming out of college.

We have to ride this guy out for the rest of the year and all of next year and truly see what he has. If he doesn't develop, you move on. I believe he may be able to develop into a VERY good QB, but he has to fix some things and this back office need to get him some playmakers AND bodies on the line that can play.

Im with you bro! There have been times where Tanny would miss a guy wide open in the flats or maybe missed a throw or two here and there but every QB misses throws, so I don't expect him to be perfect. But I agree, while i think he's going to be good, the jury is definantly still out.

What I'm seeing is a very fruatrated QB, who's forcing throws because his receivers aren't getting any separation at all, his running game is non existent, and he'a getting harassed by D-linemen because his line is playing terribly! he's getting tired of going 3 and out so he's trying to force throws to covered players hoping one of them will make a play. But it's obvious that's no happening! It's not like he's missing guys that are open! I think only once did I hear jaws break down a play where it appears he missed an open receiver! But after I looked at the play again, he actually threw the ball where clay should have been going but for some reason Clay cut the crossing route short and faded towards the middle of the field which lead to the incomplete pass. The main difference between how we were playing in the beginning of the season and now is that our running game was working, and our oline was playing well. Neither of those things are happening now and we don't have the receiving core or QB(due to youth and inexperience) to make up for it. Tannehill is a rookie so I'm not expecting him to play like Peyton manning. You see what the colts did, they kept Reggie Wayne and drafted Hilton and fleener so their rookie QB would have a chance of success! What did we do? Cut Marshall and signed Legedu Nene! FAIL! lets prepare for next year, get egnew, Lamar miller, Vernon, Matthews, all the young guys... Some more playing time! Because I really don't see us beating Seattle, NE, which means no playoffs for us!

Wow, this has to be a record for most excuses ever in a single paragraph...congratulations!

Wow, this has to be a record for most excuses ever in a single paragraph...congratulations!

Reasons for why things are happening and excuses are two different things homie. Name me one QB in the league right now that is successfull with equal or worst talent than Tannehill is playing with..... Take your time... I'll wait.

I guess the fixing is pretty simple... if Tannehill is given enough time to read he will deliver, I would use the PS receivers and ASAP to see what they can do.

adding a couple more pieces into the offense will let the Dolphins do better things.

We will be playing for next year, and that is also a Plus!!!

I see a qb who has choked away 2-4 games now with interceptions and can't lead back for a win. Not impressed the new car feel is over.

Bingo! I'm tired of the excuses everyone keeps making about this kid. He's not a playmaker. A good QB MAKES plays despite lack of OL and running game. Tanny fails time after time to make plays. He's afraid to roll out of the pocket unless it's a designed call. Tannehill has shown me absolutely nothing. Being called ridiculed by posters on this board for pointing out that Tannehill sucks is ludicrous. Hey Tannehill lovers, BITE ME! Tannehill SUCKS! He chokes down the stretch time after time. Good QB's don't do that. He has CHOKED every game in the 4th that we needed him.

Bingo! I'm tired of the excuses everyone keeps making about this kid. He's not a playmaker. A good QB MAKES plays despite lack of OL and running game. Tanny fails time after time to make plays. He's afraid to roll out of the pocket unless it's a designed call. Tannehill has shown me absolutely nothing. Being called ridiculed by posters on this board for pointing out that Tannehill sucks is ludicrous. Hey Tannehill lovers, BITE ME! Tannehill SUCKS! He chokes down the stretch time after time. Good QB's don't do that. He has CHOKED every game in the 4th that we needed him.

Well then start rooting for another team! We have enough ignorant fans!

Nice easy insight that offers nothing. Thanks

You mean insides like "Tannehill is great, receivers suck"?

Honestly, this whole discussion is mood. On one side people say it's on Tannehill and the other side says it's all on the receivers. But neither side is right or wrong at this time nor has either side the exclusive claims to have the all-knowledge of football wisdom. Most of us speculate out of emotions. Neither wants to be wrong. And most of us have nothing but hope left.

Not hard to lose games when you have no receivers who can make separation as well as no running game. I don't have a problem with us losing these games. We have a young qb and now a better pick every week for the next draft. And I am very excited with these draft picks.

Not hard to lose games when you have no receivers who can make separation as well as no running game. I don't have a problem with us losing these games. We have a young qb and now a better pick every week for the next draft. And I am very excited with these draft picks.

I hope Ireland doesn't **** them up.........

Let me say this i dont post much but it does get aggravating when i see post that our QB sucks , and already to throw him out , what we need is logic thinking defenses are taking the way the middle of the field, your telling me that bess and hartline will burn them deep i really doubt it , there is a reason why we cut marshall and traded davis, we are stocking pilling picks for the draft, as soon as they traded davis i knew they were looking towards next year, people did we really think we were going to make a serious run at the playoffs, i was hopeing but i knew it was a very small chance , but we need a very strong draft we need a top wideout and offensive line help, pass rusher would be nice but the jury is still out on vernon i think he will be ok for us. Lets give tannehill some weapons before we think he is ryan leaf.

While the people bashing Tannehill so hard they are calling him Henne and declaring that we should already be moving on from him are going a bit overboard, these kinds of threads are just as ridiculous only from the polar opposite side.

Could you make any more excuses for the guy? To act like no QB in the league could be making plays with this offense is utter nonsense. There have been opportunities for Tannehill to make plays and he hasnt.

I dont understand why you cant criticize his play without being ridiculous and saying its certain he will never be any good at this point. But, I also dont understand why you have to make a ton of complete bull**** excuses and act like he does no wrong or that he has had absolutely no chance to succeed. Get real. Its like Fox News and MSNBC around here.

Tannehill has played like dog**** for 10 qtrs now. It is what it is. He needs to improve. Most of us are hoping he will.

Just because we dont have an all star roster and the OL has been a joke, dosent mean Tannehill couldnt have made some plays. He had some chances and he has failed just as badly as the rest of the offensive players have. When the line gives him time, a receiver is open, and he misses badly, thats on Tannehill, not everyone else. When Jake Wrong and Martin get bulldozed and the DEs meet at the QB, thats on them. When nobody gets open, thats on the WRs.

There has been plenty of blame to go around. Tannehill deserves his share. It also wouldnt kill him to actually make a play on occasion when the circumstances arent the greatest. Thats what the good QBs do. If Tannehill is going to be a good one, he will have to start making some of these plays. It is possible for a QB to make a big play even when someone on the OL gets beaten you know. Andrew Luck did it all day against us.

Yep. You can't have it both ways people, when Hartline was leading the league in receiving Tanny got a lot of the credit for elevating the play of the wr's and deservedly so because thats what good QBs do. Now that his numbers have come back down to earth Hartline gets a lot the blame for Tannehill sucking.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the people bashing Tannehill so hard they are calling him Henne and declaring that we should already be moving on from him are going a bit overboard, these kinds of threads are just as ridiculous only from the polar opposite side.

Could you make any more excuses for the guy? To act like no QB in the league could be making plays with this offense is utter nonsense. There have been opportunities for Tannehill to make plays and he hasnt.

I dont understand why you cant criticize his play without being ridiculous and saying its certain he will never be any good at this point. But, I also dont understand why you have to make a ton of complete bull**** excuses and act like he does no wrong or that he has had absolutely no chance to succeed. Get real. Its like Fox News and MSNBC around here.

Tannehill has played like dog**** for 10 qtrs now. It is what it is. He needs to improve. Most of us are hoping he will.

Just because we dont have an all star roster and the OL has been a joke, dosent mean Tannehill couldnt have made some plays. He had some chances and he has failed just as badly as the rest of the offensive players have. When the line gives him time, a receiver is open, and he misses badly, thats on Tannehill, not everyone else. When Jake Wrong and Martin get bulldozed and the DEs meet at the QB, thats on them. When nobody gets open, thats on the WRs.

There has been plenty of blame to go around. Tannehill deserves his share. It also wouldnt kill him to actually make a play on occasion when the circumstances arent the greatest. Thats what the good QBs do. If Tannehill is going to be a good one, he will have to start making some of these plays. It is possible for a QB to make a big play even when someone on the OL gets beaten you know. Andrew Luck did it all day against us.

2 weeks ago tannehill was the real deal for you...you are a funny men

Back
Top Bottom