I'll Defend Tannehill! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'll Defend Tannehill!

2 weeks ago tannehill was the real deal for you...you are a funny men

Im not saying he isnt now. Just pointing out facts. He has not played well in 10 qtrs. To get real about it, he has played like hot garbage for 10 qtrs. Is there any way to deny that?

Eli Manning has played like dog **** for a couple of games now too. That fact dosent make him no longer elite. Eli is still one of the top QBs in the game.

Lets see Tannehill bounce back with a couple of good weeks of play and beat Seattle and NE getting us right back in the mix.

Im not saying he isnt now. Just pointing out facts. He has not played well in 10 qtrs. To get real about it, he has played like hot garbage for 10 qtrs. Is there any way to deny that?

Eli Manning has played like dog **** for a couple of games now too. That fact dosent make him no longer elite. Eli is still one of the top QBs in the game.

Lets see Tannehill bounce back with a couple of good weeks of play and beat Seattle and NE getting us right back in the mix.

Yeah, I'm not sure which is worse. The knee jerk reactionaries who are calling tanny a bust after a few games of poor play or the people lacking a certain level of reading comprehension and interpreting valid criticism as the same as calling tanny a bust.

Yeah, I'm not sure which is worse. The knee jerk reactionaries who are calling tanny a bust after a few games of poor play or the people lacking a certain level of reading comprehension and interpreting valid criticism as the same as calling tanny a bust.

I find most disturbing the people who will throw the entire team under the bus to deny criticism of one player honestly.

Whats funny is they will do this and then go into other threads and talk about some of the players as being underrated or under valued. Yet, when trying to build an argument to defend one player those others are all trash. Its a joke really. They arent dolphins fans, they are fanboys.

If you are a dolphins fan, why would you bash the entire team when you know damn well there are some useful players on the roster. Hartline is a good player. Period. He isnt a stud WR, but he is a solid player. Bess is useful in his own way. He certainly is not a regular wide out and he needs to not be used like that, but he has value. Any team would love to have him.

I hope Tannehill plays much better the rest of the way not just because the obvious reasons, but definately so we have to stop reading this trash from both sides of it........ The fanboys who bash the entire team to make excuses for his play and the people who go way too far and suggest he can never be any good.

The kid can play. He is one of my all-time favorite Aggies. Of course, he had the luxury of lining up behind one of the best O-lines in college football. It's amazing how big of a difference that makes.

i see the o-line as the biggest problem..he doesn't get a chance to set his feet or give time to the slow wr's to get free.

The offensive line has played horrible, but the hurried throws and overthrows are not because of lack of time to throw. He has played worse since being injured.

Would like to chime in here.

I think we have to somewhat meet in the middle here. By no means should we be throwing the towel in on Ryan Tannehill. The guy has nobody to throw to, this offensive line is a sieve (leaking everywhere), and the running game has been pathetic (also an O Line issue).

That being said, T Hill has had some accuracy issues. He's thrown some really great balls but I have also seen some that were head scratchers. Believe it or not, a lot of the picks were not included in my head scratching throws. They were mostly on short to intermediate routes where he has either overthrown or just plain missed his receiver. This could all be growing pains OR it could be a sign that this guy will simply not be an elite QB. That's the problem with accuracy issues. Sometimes guys can fix them and other situations they cannot. It's one of those traits you would like to see as a positive coming out of college.

We have to ride this guy out for the rest of the year and all of next year and truly see what he has. If he doesn't develop, you move on. I believe he may be able to develop into a VERY good QB, but he has to fix some things and this back office need to get him some playmakers AND bodies on the line that can play.

Very good points! My opinion is that Tannehill did not get over the mental side of the injury. It appears he is hesitant to step into throws. I have no proof or even strong evidence. It is just a feeling I get when I watch him play since the injury.

The whole team deserves blame for playing so poorly. There are only a handful of players on this squad that showed up the past 2 games. Namely: Reshad Jones, Thigpen, Wake, and Brandon Fields. Notice that none of those are on the offensive side of the ball.

This team has looked lazy on offense. Crucial penalties at the worst possible times. The offense has fallen apart the past 3 games in crucial moments. Especially the final drives against the Colts and Bills. They looked absolutely lost in those big moments. In both games we got the ball in our own territory, we started driving down the field, a bogus penalty occurred (Pouncey with the false start and Hartline with the OPI), and finally Tannehill couldn't deliver after being put in a tough situation (horribly missed pass to, I believe, Reggie in the Colts game when he had ample room to move and that horrible pass down the middle of the field that got picked in the Bills game).

There is a lot of blame to go around right now. Sure, Tannehill has little talent around him, but at some point Tannehill has to be a playmaker and a game changer instead of just a game manager. I'll give him some leeway this season as it's his rookie season, but he has to show flashes of being a dominant player more often. There are lulls in games where the offense is stagnant, and a some of it can be attributed to Tannehill. It seems like he's handcuffed at times, and the team avoids putting the pressure on him.

It goes without saying that, Tannehill needs to improve his game when the pressure is on him. In the last 2 minutes of the half his season stats not including the Bills game are, 8 of 24 (33.3%), 0 TDs, 4 INTS and a whopping QB Rating of 8.0. So after last game he can add another INT to that total.

Even with all the bashing I just did, he has shown some great stuff. He has gotten us in position to win games, but the team as a whole has not been able to keep their composure. They have some serious mental lapses when it matters most. That just can't happen. Period. Even though the playoff talk was a little premature, it was in our hands to take, but we lost focus and are on a 3 game skid. Tannehill has to dig deep and make plays happen, and the team has to pull their head out of their asses.

I'm excited to see how Tannehill will develop towards the end of the year. I have full faith that he will improve even though the schedule is at it's most daunting.

The kid can play. He is one of my all-time favorite Aggies. Of course, he had the luxury of lining up behind one of the best O-lines in college football. It's amazing how big of a difference that makes.

I don't follow college football but the top story on my CNN.com news feed is about Johnny "football" Manzie, they are already making comparisons to Micheal Jordon and Wayne Gretzky. Time to come up with a slogan for 2015.

Not hard to lose games when you have no receivers who can make separation as well as no running game. I don't have a problem with us losing these games. We have a young qb and now a better pick every week for the next draft. And I am very excited with these draft picks.

Excited about Draft Picks Dude. That's something Bad NFL Franchises say during the season! Oh snap we are a Bad NFL Team.
Not excited about that Egnew pick man

I completely agree, but the only player helping Tanny is Hartline! Other than that, no one has done crap the past couple of games..

I find most disturbing the people who will throw the entire team under the bus to deny criticism of one player honestly.

Whats funny is they will do this and then go into other threads and talk about some of the players as being underrated or under valued. Yet, when trying to build an argument to defend one player those others are all trash. Its a joke really. They arent dolphins fans, they are fanboys.

If you are a dolphins fan, why would you bash the entire team when you know damn well there are some useful players on the roster. Hartline is a good player. Period. He isnt a stud WR, but he is a solid player. Bess is useful in his own way. He certainly is not a regular wide out and he needs to not be used like that, but he has value. Any team would love to have him.

I hope Tannehill plays much better the rest of the way not just because the obvious reasons, but definately so we have to stop reading this trash from both sides of it........ The fanboys who bash the entire team to make excuses for his play and the people who go way too far and suggest he can never be any good.

Hartline and Bess are decent-good players. Neither is a game changer. Neither is a go up and get WR. Neither is a consistent red zone target. Tannehill has played poorly for the last two games. However he has little help. Atlanta should be the model on how you help your qb. Ryan had a stud #1 wr, great TE, and a great rb his rookie year.

Hartline and Bess are decent-good players. Neither is a game changer. Neither is a go up and get WR. Neither is a consistent red zone target. Tannehill has played poorly for the last two games. However he has little help. Atlanta should be the model on how you help your qb. Ryan had a stud #1 wr, great TE, and a great rb his rookie year.

As we speak Ryan has thrown 4 INT. What will this fanbase do when Tanny does that? It will happen someday.

As we speak Ryan has thrown 4 INT. What will this fanbase do when Tanny does that? It will happen someday.

This fan base struggles with putting things in context. Tannehill has throw 11 picks. Here is the breakdown:

3 picks were jump balls.
1 pick the receiver fell.
1 pick hit as he throws.
6 picks are his fault for various reasons.

Back
Top Bottom