I'll Play Jeff Ireland | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'll Play Jeff Ireland

RealDriscoll

Still Perfect.. and You're Not.
Reaction score
Free Agency

1) Alan Faneca OG-He will cost us a lot but we have a lot of money to spend and upgrading our line is key to our success.

2) Flozell Adams OT-Adding Adams and Faneca would take our line from average to among the league's best. May not be a spring chicken but he has some premium gas left in the tank.

3) Issac Sopoaga DT- Might not be quite the player that Albert Haynesworth is but is a great, young alternative.

4) Keyshawn Johnson WR-We need some receivers and Keyshawn might not be a game breaker but defiantly is reliable. We need an ultimate possession guy and that's what the Key brings.

5)Keith Davis S- Parcells kind of guy.

Draft:

Trade Jason Taylor to the Vikings for thier 2nd Round Pick

1) Chris Long DE Virginia
2A: Dominique Rodgers Cromatie CB Tennessee State
2B:(Vikings): Curtis Lofton LB Oklahoma
2C: (Chargers) Devin Thomas WR Michigan State
3:Branden Albert OG Virginia
4: Josh Barrett S Arizona State
6: Kellen Davis TE Michigan State
7: Sam Keller QB Nebraska

2008 Miami Dolphins Roster

QB: John Beck/Matt Baker/ Sam Keller
RB: Ronnie Brown/ Ricky Williams/ Lorenzo Booker
FB: Reagen Mauia
TE: David Martin/ Kellen Davis/ Justin Peele
LT: Flozell Adams/Julius Wilson
LG: Alan Faneca/ Tala Esera
C: Samson Satele
RG: Branden Albert/Drew Mormino
RT: Vernon Carey/ Mike Rosenthal
WR: Ted Ginn Jr/ Derek Hagan/ Greg Camirillo
WR: Keyshawn Johnson/Devin Thomas

DE: Chris Long/ Rod Wright/
DE: Matt Roth/ Vonnie Holliday
DT: Issac Sopoaga/ Paul Solia/ Steve Fifita
OLB: Joey Porter
ILB: Channing Crowder/ Derrick Pope
ILB: Curtis Lofton/ Kelvin Smith
OLB: Quentin Moses/Abe Wright / Ed Miles
CB: Dominique Rodgers Cromatire/ Mike Lehan
CB: Will Allen/ Andre Goodman/Travis Daniels
S: Jason Allen/ Keith Davis
S: Renaldo Hill / Courtny Bryan
K: Jay Feeley
P: Brandon Fields
LS: John Denney

Not bad... Although Faneca AND Flozell would probably put us in salary cap hell in the future..

What i cant get my head around is why in the world would you want David Martin starting at TE again... NOOOOO thank you. I dont even understand why he is still on the roster. Peele outplayed him all season when givent the chance

how did we get 3 second round picks and I think bradon albert is projected late first early second round pick

how did we get 3 second round picks and I think bradon albert is projected late first early second round pick

I think he gets the idea for another 2nd round pick from trading jason taylor to the vikings. Not sure but i think thats what it is.

Well if you read the post, we trade Jason Taylor to the Vikings for their 2nd Rounder.

Projections mean jack to me. I see projections every year and they are always wrong. I have Albert as the 3rd Best Guard in the draft....

1) Chilo Rachal USC
2) Roy Schuening Oregon State
3) Branden Albert Virginia
4) Eric Young Tennessee
5) Robert Felton Arkansas
6) Mike McGlynn Pittsburgh

Free Agency

1) Alan Faneca OG-He will cost us a lot but we have a lot of money to spend and upgrading our line is key to our success.

2) Flozell Adams OT-Adding Adams and Faneca would take our line from average to among the league's best. May not be a spring chicken but he has some premium gas left in the tank.

3) Issac Sopoaga DT- Might not be quite the player that Albert Haynesworth is but is a great, young alternative.

4) Keyshawn Johnson WR-We need some receivers and Keyshawn might not be a game breaker but defiantly is reliable. We need an ultimate possession guy and that's what the Key brings.

Draft:

QB - position is a disaster.....Beck may be great, but if he's not or if he gets injured.....there is nothing behind him.

TE - only adda 6th round pick to a position that was horrible last year. It requires more attention than that.

OL - No hadnot? That would be a mistake by the front office IMO. Also, Rosenthal as the only veteran backup wouldn't make me feel too good.

WR - Keyshawn? No. Second round rookie and a player who was out of the the league in 2007 is not enough to get the WR's where they need to be. there are good FA options out there and I would be SHOCKED if we don't sign one.

OLB - scary. the only proven player is Porter. Moses has never played standing up...the guys behind him are huge question marks.

S - No Yeremiah Bell? He shouldn't be expensive, I would really like for them to bring him back.

Otherwise, good job. :up:

Well if you read the post, we trade Jason Taylor to the Vikings for their 2nd Rounder.

Projections mean jack to me. I see projections every year and they are always wrong. I have Albert as the 3rd Best Guard in the draft....

1) Chilo Rachal USC
2) Roy Schuening Oregon State
3) Branden Albert Virginia
4) Eric Young Tennessee
5) Robert Felton Arkansas
6) Mike McGlynn Pittsburgh

lol...Isnt this what this whole thread is? One big projection? :err:

Just out of curiosity, why would the Vikings trade away their 2nd round pick for JT ? They have one of (if not the best) run D in the NFL. They are going to be looking for DB's and maybe a true LB. I know it's just fantasy-land, but let's at least pick a team that has a need for JT. Also, while those F/A additions make us a better team immediately, it puts us in financial ??? and makes us instantly an older team, that will have to replace those guys in a couple years and put us right back to where we are now. I don't see that happening. I see us adding some veteran guys to shore up some positions (until the younger guys can take over), but it will not be the high priced guys who kill us with big cap numbers for several years.

Just out of curiosity, why would the Vikings trade away their 2nd round pick for JT ? They have one of (if not the best) run D in the NFL. They are going to be looking for DB's and maybe a true LB. I know it's just fantasy-land, but let's at least pick a team that has a need for JT. Also, while those F/A additions make us a better team immediately, it puts us in financial ??? and makes us instantly an older team, that will have to replace those guys in a couple years and put us right back to where we are now. I don't see that happening. I see us adding some veteran guys to shore up some positions (until the younger guys can take over), but it will not be the high priced guys who kill us with big cap numbers for several years.

They dont need LB THAT bad. Greenway is a true linebacker and will probably be a beast for them for a very long time. After Udeze being diagnosed with Lukemia they might want a DE so Taylor could fit there...

They do have more pressing needs though now that they cut Smith theyre going to need a safety... but IMO WR is the biggest need for them. They need a WR in the worst way and now.

we can sign faneca, adams, samuel, and briggs and still not be close to salary cap 'hell'

Free Agency

Draft:

Can somebody please help answer this question, if Isaac Sopaga is a "great" young NG, why would San Francisco, who runs a 3-4 let him get away?

Most these persepective free agents who we've talked about since the season ended, were either tagged or resigned. How many really good ones get away? Maybe Feneca or Adams? These guys are on the plus side of 30. Don't get me wrong, I will take both of them and feel good about the left side of the line for 2 years but I think free agency is a lot of much ado about nothing. Most of the guys who actually hit the market, have some kind of glitch whether it's age, way too much money demanded (Samuel), injury, or they just aren't that good.

Anyway, somebody please tell me why I should get excited of Sopaga.
Thanks,

Free Agency

Draft:

Sorry this is not very good....
Baker wont be on the team and if we draft a qb he will be pract. squad at best. Moses is not going to be starting. Bell will prob. be resigned for cheap. We prob. wont even run a 3/4 and if Martin starts at te entering the season i wont post again all season. I know its fantasy but there are some things that clearly wont happen.

Back
Top Bottom