I'll Play Jeff Ireland | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'll Play Jeff Ireland

Some issues with this theory:

1. By the time the Dolphins are ready to contend again, Adams and Faneca will be past their primes. Re-building needs to be a slow process of developing young talent with smart and inexpensive veterans.

2. No matter whose projections you use (including your own), 3-4 of your draft picks won't be available at those spots.

3. I think we would be able to get more than a 2nd round pick out of Jason. What about swinging him to Carolina for Kris Jenkins, Dwayne Jarrett, and a 4th round pick?

we can sign faneca, adams, samuel, and briggs and still not be close to salary cap 'hell'

thats kinda true....Asanta is the only one there that might scare me at commanding money,but if all things go as they should,those signing will only take about $15-20M...some of it can be used on the draft,then hold on to the rest of it for next year.

1. By the time the Dolphins are ready to contend again, Adams and Faneca will be past their primes. Re-building needs to be a slow process of developing young talent with smart and inexpensive veterans.

2. No matter whose projections you use (including your own), 3-4 of your draft picks won't be available at those spots.

3. I think we would be able to get more than a 2nd round pick out of Jason. What about swinging him to Carolina for Kris Jenkins, Dwayne Jarrett, and a 4th round pick?

Adams...maybe,but Faneca?Johnaton Ogden of thr Baltimore Ravens has been playing at a Pro Bowl level,same as Orlando Pace of the St. Louis Rams,and their both WELL in their 30's..Alan Faneca is only 31 years old...Miami should be ready for the playoffs in two years,maybe 3(i think 2),but by then Alan will be the same,lets not forget he is a 6 time Pro Bowler,and has been playing for a long time(10 years),I believe he will be in his prime in two years,and more,I dont expect Alan's play to decline in 5-7 years....

We don't have to wait until April because fgrocker knows how the draft is going to unfold. Please tell me the Dolphins picks since you know who everyone is drafting.

If we did something like this we would get TOTALLY ripped off... Jenkins is decent and has been injured and if Jarrett plays the way he did last year he isnt worth a 7th rounder...

Throw their 1st in this mix and we can start talking to them

Pretty good.....3 things.

1. I doubt we sign both Adams and Faneca.
2. Branden Albert will be long gone by the time we pick in third round.
3. I think we will have a more experienced QB on the roster than what you have listed. Someone who can either start or backup Beck if he does well in TC.

Back
Top Bottom