I'm Just A Bit Stunned | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Just A Bit Stunned

BSQ

Scout Team
Club Member
Reaction score
Here we are in the wee hours of Friday morning 3/16/18 and I am in shock. I have watched this team bumble and slog ever since they lost that Play Off game to the Steelers. Honestly, they have done little that one would say makes great sense or shows a clear vision or semblance of a plan.

But, now, they have swooped into FA not in a big, stupid way but in a pretty damn smart way, picking and choosing the right kind of players to fit into what they are trying to do. What they're trying to do has become crystal clear: get rid of every bloated player and every bloated contract, or as many as they can, and move forward with younger, cheaper options. They will build a Football team, the key word is team.

• Let's take a look at the NEW OFFENSIVE LINE, what????? really???? YES, really. The weakest link has been Pouncey imo and finally he and his fat paycheck are out of here. Pouncey is replaced by Daniel Kilgore from the 49ers. This is a better player for less money and less ego, I like it. Next, the Dolphin's sign 4 time Pro Bowl Guard, Josh Sitton to come in and solidify things at the Guard position. This has been a long time coming. I feel the hand of Gase behind all of this, he and the FO are working very well together right now. Tunsil, Sitton and Kilgore from left to right. Ju'ann James being resigned was a good move imo, there were teams out there ready to throw big money at him. We were aggressive and managed to hold on to a former #1 pick, we have our bookend tackles. 1 Guard spot is open, at the moment it would appear that Larsen or Davis will man that spot. I think more help is coming through the draft but there is a starting 5 and some good depth for a change. The idea is to protect Tannehill as well as provide him with a quality ground attack which is vital to a play action QB like RT. It's still a work in progress but I haven't felt this good about our o-line in ages.
  • On offense they still need a back up QB, another RB, a Tight End, maybe another Guard. I would consider double dipping at TE in this draft depending how it falls. Stop trying to bring in injured veterans to play TE, from Keller to Cameron to Thomas, it just isn't working. Draft Gesiki and/ or Fumagali, there are 3 or 4 others.
I guess I'm finally getting a glimpse at what Gase and team are trying to do. It's a bold plan and I think people are not going to be laughing at the Dolphins for very long. I was super angry to see Landry go but Amandola and Wilson plus a pick is good business. This draft is huge coming up. If we come away with a #2 QB, a RB and a TE the offense should be in pretty good shape. DON'T FORGET TIGHT END!!!!!!!!!!!!!! New England comes to town with Gronk, we need to have a Gronk of our own. Gesiki is 6'7" and has a great vertical leap. He would be a sensational pick in round #2, he'll be a star for us.

Last edited:
Moving Pouncey had a huge message. Before that release occurred the majority of us felt nothing had really changed as we still retained an aging, high-injury risk, with poor leadership (I think he has made some poor choices). It felt as if Gase had blinders to some of his "preferred" players. The release speaks volumes. It is about team and it is about smart hard working players who can stay on the field. There are a few others that could be booted but you can only clean up so much in 1 year. At least the majority of the bloated contracts are gone.

I was also surprised the Dolphins let Parkey go but they didn't aquire him until September last year so I will give them the benefit of the doubt

I have also been pleased and have come to enjoy the numerous ridiculous posts by those with the knee-jerk reactions that want to jump off the ledge with every move made.

I think that Gase was frustrated after last season and decided that he wanted to live or die with his players and anyone that wasn't on board was shown the door. I get the feeling that he has been very involved in all of the transactions and he will be taking more and more of a role as his moves prove to be the correct ones. I like the fact that they are building a team instead of assembling a bunch of individuals.

But now the pressure is on the players on the roster. They need to prove that the right decisions were made and avoid all the pre-snap and post-whistle penalties that are simply a lack of discipline. They need to show continuous improvement and an ability to absorb the entire playbook. In short, they need to be competitive and win more games.

It’s become very obvious to me that Miami has rid itself of me-first players and those who aren’t preparing or buying in. You don’t build winning franchises thru FA but this is a good start. Now let’s hope TBaum doesn’t F up the draft.

But, now, they have swooped into FA not in a big, stupid way but in a pretty damn smart way, picking and choosing the right kind of players to fit into what they are trying to do. What they're trying to do has become crystal clear: get rid of every bloated player and every bloated contract, or as many as they can, and move forward with younger, cheaper options. They will build a Football team, the key word is team.
You are aware that Josh Sitton and Dan Kilgore are 32 and 30? Oh, I forgot, Amendola is 32 also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom