I'm Just A Bit Stunned | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'm Just A Bit Stunned

I haven't been a big fan of our FO in the past but I love what they're doing. Changes needed to be made and they're making them. For the first time in a long time there seems to be a plan in place. I like the two new WR's we got plus the two oline guys. I also like that we got Hayes back for another year. The "team" has gotten faster and smarter and we've gotten some leaders too that this team really needed. I'm now just hoping for a great draft.

Ozzy rules!!

That onsides kick of his was deadly...forget about him just being consistent, or that you can feel confident with him in pressure time, or when he had to kick a 50+ yard FG. Losing him really hurt.
If you liked Parkey, you will LOVE Eddy Piniero.

That onsides kick of his was deadly...forget about him just being consistent, or that you can feel confident with him in pressure time, or when he had to kick a 50+ yard FG. Losing him really hurt.

I completely agree. Parkey was money and it was such a nice change to have HIGH confidence in your kicker and he is a magician on the onside kicks to boot.

If you liked Parkey, you will LOVE Eddy Piniero.

I hope so, we need a kicker that can be counted on in a close game. How is his onside kick? There are very few kickers that can actually kick a perfect onsides kick.

Signing Sitton was huge IMO. Miami needed a really good guard and he's one of the best. I like what the team has done on the offensive line.

I'm still not sure why they signed two wide receivers in the slot, but I think both of those guys have some versatility. It seems that Gase did not want Landry, otherwise he would still be here. Still reeling over that, but it does look like the team has rebounded.

Pouncey is replaced by Daniel Kilgore from the 49ers. This is a better player for less money and less ego, I like it.

Agree with the overall tone of the post but have to pick up on the quoted sentence. No way Kilgore is better than pouncey. Yes he is cheaper, he is supposedly a better lockeroom presence - we will never know that - and he is slightly healthier (Kilgore comes of broken ankle and serious knee injury which has severely affected his athleticism). Having watched both, I would say both are decidedly average but pouncey is better.

Personally don’t see Kilgore as an upgrade at all, just a cheap scrub, who isn’t even guaranteed to start for us. I am no pouncey fan either btw.

About the TE position, not a word about Marqueis Gray, what's the plan with him? I dislike that we use him as a FB battering ram type player. Doesn't seem to me that the Phins are high on him at all, kinda surprise he is still on the team.

Pretty interesting that the national media is killing Miami but, from what I've seen, the fan base loves what we've done so far. I had a Bengals fan come at me on Twitter saying, "dude, quit saying you love all these moves, you guys are the laughing stock of the NFL right now, you know that, right?"

Good, let them laugh. This team is winning double digit games.

Pretty interesting that the national media is killing Miami but, from what I've seen, the fan base loves what we've done so far. I had a Bengals fan come at me on Twitter saying, "dude, quit saying you love all these moves, you guys are the laughing stock of the NFL right now, you know that, right?"

JMHO, but I think a number here will agree . . . Landry and Suh were knocked for improvising. Did those negatives outweigh the positives? It appears Gase thought so. Timmons, Pouncey, JT? Those were easy. I don't see anything that causes me GREAT concern with the exception of the DL sans Suh. Tunsil, Sitton, Kilgore or Brendel, Davis, James looks better than any OL combo last year. And, don't forget, some of these same people predicted doom when Ajayi was traded.
No, we don't know, can't know how all this will play out. And I, like most, see a significant amount of uncertainty due to last year's plagues of missed assignments and dead ball fouls. If Gase can get those under control, and fill at least two of the deep holes through the draft, I think Miami can prove some doubters wrong. Yes, that's a few 'if's,' but no unrealistic 'if's.'

Bengals fan calling us the laughing stock. Good stuff there.

Agree with the overall tone of the post but have to pick up on the quoted sentence. No way Kilgore is better than pouncey. Yes he is cheaper, he is supposedly a better lockeroom presence - we will never know that - and he is slightly healthier (Kilgore comes of broken ankle and serious knee injury which has severely affected his athleticism). Having watched both, I would say both are decidedly average but pouncey is better.

Personally don’t see Kilgore as an upgrade at all, just a cheap scrub, who isn’t even guaranteed to start for us. I am no pouncey fan either btw.

Nah, Pouncey is terrible.

As I read it, Pouncey is a better pass blocker, Kilgore is better at run blocking. Kilgore was also playing quite well his last several games according to some.

Having said that, I won't mind seeing a well regarded rookie in that spot later this year.

Back
Top Bottom