Incognito to play on the left side

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BAMAPHIN 22, Jun 23, 2011.

1. BAMAPHIN 22

BAMAPHIN 22 FinHeaven Elite

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/43507572/ns/sports-player_news/

2. hoops

hoops exited stage left

nothing like a guy who's legs are in cement at the move guard position...terrible move player...

3. FinaticalOne

FinaticalOne DieHard FinFan 4 Life

Although I am not comfortable with his pass protection, I feel left guard is the best fit for him. I'm hoping, naming Incognito to the left side means Sparano won't shuffle the linemen around 20-30 different combinations before making a decision on the final lineup. Since the preseason has been shorten, I'm hoping he realizes he can't afford to do that this year.

4. FinaticalOne

FinaticalOne DieHard FinFan 4 Life

Yeah, that is true, he is slow too, but all of our interior lineman are slow for even linemen (except Pouncey).

5. hoops

hoops exited stage left

yet another example of a bad decision...incog as the starting left guard...no wonder this olines been garbage lately...decisions like this one...only the worst pull player other than mcq on the roster pretty much

6. Tunaphish429

Tunaphish429 1st Ballot Hall of Famer Donator

I liked him alot at center..But I guess they like Pouncey better there..

7. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

Let's hope Daboll doesn't have a lot of plays that have the guards pulling.

Is this more an indication that Jerry is a bigger weak link than Incognito was? I had this line pegged as LT Long, LG Garner, C Pouncey, RG (winner between) Jerry/Incognito, RT Carey. I can't say I like our depth a whole lot on the line either. McQuistan, Berger, Murtha, Procter, Feinga...pretty flippin awful.

8. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Formerly Fiedler for MVP

Tony Sparano: O-line guru

9. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

Jeez calm down, this doesn't mean he'll be the starting left guard you know. If someone IS actually better, like Garner, he'll wrestle that spot away.

10. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Pouncey can pull from the center position. Incognito at left guard is a good decision and no brainer.

11. datruth55

datruth55 Starter

That's where all his bad snaps came from in college. When they had him pull. So now you're asking a rookie, who is still relatively inexperienced at the center position, to make the calls on blocking assignments and everything that goes into that, snap the ball and pull? You're asking for trouble, especially with an immobile QB who's not real athletic and not very good at improvising.

12. NYPhinzFan

NYPhinzFan Scout Team Donator

The Oline is the wildcard this season IMO. If we can get them to play at a high level, I think we win at least 10 games.

13. BenchFiedler

BenchFiedler Undrafted Pro-Bowler

I'm wondering with the lockout how they could evaluate that Pouncey is a better fit at Center or that Incognito will play left guard this season...... Hmmm
    Secret talks between NFL and NFLPA, maybe secret mini-camps between Coaches and Players..lol

14. JerryD

JerryD A True Fan

Oh yes it does!!
    Garner is a journeyman backup, with a long way to go.

LG Incognito is a tragedy that severely limits play calling ... Immobility R' Us!!

He & a couple others are why our O-Line has sucked badly for the last 4 years ... contrary to all those threads, stats, web sites, etc. who say we're top rated ... amazing amount of football dummies floating around ... when all you need to do is watch them getting blown off the line all game.

Even if rookie Pouncey is actually good & can actually climb the NFL-Lineman learning curve quickly (doubtful for any rookie, even Jake couldn't) ... our line has a huge probability to be sucky this year. ESPN didn't predict 5-11 for nothing ... even though fandom ranks all of our positions uber high around here.

15. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

What position did Incognito play in St. Louis? I remember he was pretty good player for them except he kept having discipline issues.

16. Nublar7

Pretty sure left guard is his natural position.

17. Tunaphish429

He actually played center in college..Was moved to Left Guard in St. Louis..Played that in Buffalo too.

18. Tunaphish429

Really this makes no sense..I am not going to pretend that I know everything but I do know that Richie is not very athletic..Dt's were blowing by him alot last year..And when he was pulling on plays he looked lost..and slow..

So if Pouncey is athletic as these analyst are saying would it make more sense to play Richie at the center spot the less demanding spot for athletisism.. and play Pouncey at Left guard where he could pull out on trap plays and toss plays?

I think Miami is trying to save face by putting Pouncy at Center...We drafted him so high that if he does not play center right away it may seem like a wasted pick

19. EFWilson

EFWilson Well-Known Member

I wish I could find out what game film they watched from last year. Incognito looked really bad at LG from what I saw.

20. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

He played RG during the 2008 season for the Rams. 2006 season he played all 3 interior positions. What I don't understand is how a guy who runs a 4.84 40, yes a 4.84 40, is that immobile.

21. Mr. Magoo

Mr. Magoo Ayatollah of rock and rolla

If these guys are still in charge come next year I look forward to us drafting a left guard with our first round pick.

Gotta fill those needs, after all.

BTW, guys. Incog was a right guard for the Rams. He played some center, but he was chiefly a right guard. Not a left guard. Which means that even a ****ty team like the Rams has more idea what to do with their offensive line personnel than Sparano and company. Ugh.

22. Tunaphish429

Yea you and Beaner are right..But Richie did play center in colllege at Neb. Sparano actually wanted the Cowboys to draft him.

23. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i figured thats what you'd say...

24. SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega Starter

You can't have a superstar at every backup position. Hell, you can barely have quality depth in the league at more than one or two positions.

25. hoops

hoops exited stage left

its unbelievable i tell ya how lost these guys are...unbelievable...who puts incog at left guard and considers themselves an oline guru...jeebus

26. hoops

hoops exited stage left

right guard or center is the only place barring massive injury i'd ever suit up incog...and preferably as depth at both...not starting

27. Nublar7

They are planning on playing a left guard at the left guard position. What idiots, grab the pitchforks.

28. hoops

hoops exited stage left

lmao...ok nubs...sop it up with a spoon

29. Nublar7

Excuse me?

30. hoops

hoops exited stage left

just go ahead and buy what they're selling...you got it right...its a "no brain...er"

31. Nublar7

Can we please have a football conversation without you attempting to make it personal? Just once?

32. FinAtic8480

FinAtic8480 A True Fan

Cowboy's Left Guard Kyle Kosier is Free Agent, I expect the Dolphins to be heavily interested in him. Has experience at both Guard spots.

33. hoops

hoops exited stage left

i'm not trying to make anything personal...your buying what they're selling on this incog at left guard stuff...i'm not...i think its a horrible move...the guy can't pull and make solid contact to save his life...he's not a good fit for a sometimes zone scheme fit anyways and now he's the guy we have penciled in as the starting left guard??? ugh

but to each his own...

34. Tunaphish429

Well at any rate I hope it works out...However it was not a good fit last year...

35. Nublar7

Like I said, Pouncey can pull. Yes he struggled at center in college, but that was at the BEGINNING of the year, he was doing very well by the end of the season. I do expect Pouncey, the best interior lineman in the draft, to play center and be a pulling center. He might not be his brother, but he isn't really that far behind and I do expect a lot out of him as a rookie. With Pouncey at center and Long at left tackle, I do think Incognito will be fine at left guard, a position he is very familiar with.

36. Spesh

Spesh #freespesh

This, Ingonito did play right guard for the Rams.

But don't fret to much, this current plan will only last until the second practice, at which point Sparano will start juggling them around.

As for needs, god forbid if Dan Carpenter's play ever goes down, we'd look like the Raiders when we inevitably burn a first round pick on a kicker.

37. hoops

hoops exited stage left

so you think you're gonna pull the center and not the left guard pretty much...thats not how i see it...of course if it was up to me incog would be competing at center and pouncey would be my move left guard...i want a make solid contact move player at left guard...incogs not that guy

38. vagrantprodigy

vagrantprodigy A True Fan

I honestly feel like our Line would be better with Pouncey at G, Incognito at C, and Garner at RG....

39. Tunaphish429

Is our running game going to change at all under Dabboll? As far as scheme?

40. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 The D will RushYa, Like Moscow Donator

Why not put your most mobile guard . . . Nate Garner . . . at LG. He played well there in 2009. Nublar . . . Ritchie was playing out of position in 2010 . . . he isn't a LG, he came over as a RG, but with the injury to Garner and the inexperience of Jerry and the success he was showing at RG, they figured best to put him at LG.

Ritchie at LG is NOTHING to be excited about IMO . . .he showed much more promise at Center, and it is very valid with the struggles Pouncey may have early on as a rookie center to work him in slowly at LG and have Ritchie have a run at Center. You know the guy can play RG if need be.