Incognito to play on the left side | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Incognito to play on the left side

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Coach Tony Sparano said Richie Incognito will play left guard again this season.

There has been some question about whether Incognito would line up at left guard, right guard or center. With Nate Garner and John Jerry settling in for a competition on the right side, the decision has been made. The Dolphins are banking on continuity to help improve their woeful run blocking from a year ago.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/43507572/ns/sports-player_news/

nothing like a guy who's legs are in cement at the move guard position...terrible move player...

Although I am not comfortable with his pass protection, I feel left guard is the best fit for him. I'm hoping, naming Incognito to the left side means Sparano won't shuffle the linemen around 20-30 different combinations before making a decision on the final lineup. Since the preseason has been shorten, I'm hoping he realizes he can't afford to do that this year.

nothing like a guy who's legs are in cement at the move guard position...terrible move player...

Yeah, that is true, he is slow too, but all of our interior lineman are slow for even linemen (except Pouncey).

yet another example of a bad decision...incog as the starting left guard...no wonder this olines been garbage lately...decisions like this one...only the worst pull player other than mcq on the roster pretty much

I liked him alot at center..But I guess they like Pouncey better there..

yet another example of a bad decision...incog as the starting left guard...no wonder this olines been garbage lately...decisions like this one...only the worst pull player other than mcq on the roster pretty much

Let's hope Daboll doesn't have a lot of plays that have the guards pulling.

Is this more an indication that Jerry is a bigger weak link than Incognito was? I had this line pegged as LT Long, LG Garner, C Pouncey, RG (winner between) Jerry/Incognito, RT Carey. I can't say I like our depth a whole lot on the line either. McQuistan, Berger, Murtha, Procter, Feinga...pretty flippin awful.

Jeez calm down, this doesn't mean he'll be the starting left guard you know. If someone IS actually better, like Garner, he'll wrestle that spot away.

Pouncey can pull from the center position. Incognito at left guard is a good decision and no brainer.

That's where all his bad snaps came from in college. When they had him pull. So now you're asking a rookie, who is still relatively inexperienced at the center position, to make the calls on blocking assignments and everything that goes into that, snap the ball and pull? You're asking for trouble, especially with an immobile QB who's not real athletic and not very good at improvising.

The Oline is the wildcard this season IMO. If we can get them to play at a high level, I think we win at least 10 games.

I liked him alot at center..But I guess they like Pouncey better there..

I'm wondering with the lockout how they could evaluate that Pouncey is a better fit at Center or that Incognito will play left guard this season...... Hmmm
Secret talks between NFL and NFLPA, maybe secret mini-camps between Coaches and Players..lol

Jeez calm down, this doesn't mean he'll be the starting left guard you know. If someone IS actually better, like Garner, he'll wrestle that spot away.

Oh yes it does!!
Garner is a journeyman backup, with a long way to go.

LG Incognito is a tragedy that severely limits play calling ... Immobility R' Us!!

He & a couple others are why our O-Line has sucked badly for the last 4 years ... contrary to all those threads, stats, web sites, etc. who say we're top rated ... amazing amount of football dummies floating around ... when all you need to do is watch them getting blown off the line all game.

Even if rookie Pouncey is actually good & can actually climb the NFL-Lineman learning curve quickly (doubtful for any rookie, even Jake couldn't) ... our line has a huge probability to be sucky this year. ESPN didn't predict 5-11 for nothing ... even though fandom ranks all of our positions uber high around here.

What position did Incognito play in St. Louis? I remember he was pretty good player for them except he kept having discipline issues.

Back
Top Bottom