Incognito to play on the left side | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Incognito to play on the left side

I agree with most of these points, but I wouldn't consider Garner a journeyman. We picked him up when the Jets cut him after training camp. He has spent his whole career minus a couple of months as a Dolphin.

I agree. INCOGNITO looked to be hampered by his teammates. He CAN pull, as well as "road-grade" and pass protect. He can play C, and probably would do well at RG, too. As to GARNER, anyone who thinks he's a "journeyman" should wake up. He MADE THE TEAM as a back-up RT, at a time when V CAREY was healthy, then did well at G. And (LITERALLY) on about 2 minutes' notice, he also did very well at C, when both GROVE and BERGER went down in the same game. Anyone who can play almost every position on the OL (except LT--we haven't seen him do THAT yet) HAS TO BE KEPT, and PAID.

If we were to some how manage to get Carl Nicks, he would be slotted in at LG next to Jake Long. The guy is the most complete guard in the league, he can move, he can use power . . . he has it all, perfect for LG . . . the position he plays on the Saints.

Pouncey would be the clear cut option at Center, and there would be a battle between Jerry/Garner/Incognito for that RG spot . . . if Incognito wins, expect Berger to be kept on as the backup to Pouncey . . . If Incog doesn't win, expect him to be the #1 backup for all 3 interior line spots. Ideally you want Jerry to win, so you have your top 7 OLine players slotted in. If Jerry doesn't win the job, I would hope they consider him at RT before he got cut.

I mean -- if we somehow got Carl Nicks, this is the best line in the NFL.

I am not trying to be a negative Nancy, but this would also by far be the highest paid line in the league. We would have three first round picks, and a top tier free agent. I don't see it happening. I would LOVE to see it happen, but it won't.

And I think Garner has the determination and "it" factor above all. He may not be the most gifted, but he could seriously turn into a gem. That's why I don't think we sign Carl Nicks, we will put that money toward other positions after drafting a center in the first.

I don't know about anyone else, but every time I watched a dolphin game last year the only reason I noticed Incognito is because he ****ed up somehow. Poop needs to be scooped up and thrown away!

I don't know about anyone else, but every time I watched a dolphin game last year the only reason I noticed Incognito is because he ****ed up somehow. Poop needs to be scooped up and thrown away!

The only time you ever really notice any lineman is when he ****ed up. Miami Dolphin fans are the lamest. If a Miami player is average to the rest of the NFL, he's garbage to a Miami fan. If he's not all pro by his 2nd year, he's garbage. If his stats don't lead the league, he's garbage. Incongnito is a reasonable option for LG for a team with an all pro at LT, a first rounder at C and a superior RT when healthy. If Miami gets Yanda from Baltimore (best value given the expected market), they become a top 5 offensive line. You keep Berger, Garner, and Jerry in reserve. Berger for interior, Garner for all five, and Jerry for RG (maybe RT) freeing up Yanda for RT if necessary.

The only time you ever really notice any lineman is when he ****ed up. Miami Dolphin fans are the lamest. If a Miami player is average to the rest of the NFL, he's garbage to a Miami fan. If he's not all pro by his 2nd year, he's garbage. If his stats don't lead the league, he's garbage. Incongnito is a reasonable option for LG for a team with an all pro at LT, a first rounder at C and a superior RT when healthy. If Miami gets Yanda from Baltimore (best value given the expected market), they become a top 5 offensive line. You keep Berger, Garner, and Jerry in reserve. Berger for interior, Garner for all five, and Jerry for RG (maybe RT) freeing up Yanda for RT if necessary.

You forgot to mention when somebody has a bad game, later on that day or the following day the discussion of either "how to replace him" or "I wanted so and so in that draft instead" begins.

who did incogs have next to him at center last season for every snap he took at LG? as far as i'm concerned, nobody. i have no idea what effect that had on his ability to concentrate on manning his spot, but it couldn't help. let's see how he does with pouncey at C.

incog can't pull worth a crap...and good luck getting carl nicks...

How many guards can, without being too thin inside? Athletic and sturdy are usually tradeoffs for most average players. It seems that Miami's best pulling guards can't stay healthy. Remember Nails? And, of course, Smiley? I'm not saying Incognito is exceptional, but he's at least average. The situation at LG could be worse. Whether there is value at making it better is questionable. There are other needs more critical with limited resources to satisfy them.

IMO, we get a good RG and this Oline is very good to very very good. John Jerry is not the answer at RG. Even when healthy last year he was less then OK. Our LT played with his arm in a sling, our RT had bad knee problems from the get go, our center should never had been starting, our LG was new at the position and really was better at C then our starting center was and our RG just did not click. And some wonder why what happened happened ? Add to that we had to replace our RT with Murtha and then our RG with the red haired kid from Dallas, Sheeeeesh, they stay healthy this year and we find a RG, this Oline will be pretty dam good.

How many guards can, without being too thin inside? Athletic and sturdy are usually tradeoffs for most average players. It seems that Miami's best pulling guards can't stay healthy. Remember Nails? And, of course, Smiley? I'm not saying Incognito is exceptional, but he's at least average. The situation at LG could be worse. Whether there is value at making it better is questionable. There are other needs more critical with limited resources to satisfy them.

i don't think its too much to ask for a guy with some athleticism and some pretty good feet (ie right tackle feet at least) as my primary move guard...incogs just doesn't offer any of that...he's ok when he's asked to just drive block in a straight line i guess but on the move find and make solid contact with a target or at the 2nd level he's marginal at best...and he'll miss a blocking assignment and leave his qb to take one in the earhole with the best of them...

you don't want an "average" left guard...and incogs play there to date average is more than kind

Back
Top Bottom