Incognito to play on the left side | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Incognito to play on the left side

The very definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting a different result. Putting Incognito at LG didn't work last year, so why would it work this season? I don't understand the thinking behind this move.

wait...did you say the "thinking" behind this move? where was the "thinking" taking place and when? Loll.

When Parcells bailed on this team he said he wasn't able to find a franchise QB with Miami b/c it is hard but people think its so easy to find one...uh hello, you had one in your hands and you took a LT instead. Had he "thought" about that answer he wouldn't have given it because he would realize it made zero sense. That "thought" process he lacks trickles down to the same coach he hired, lacks any thought process. He knows he is about to get fired b/c we can't score points but he didn't think and say you know what, I am the coach, **** Henning ima try to score points so it shows improvement and I have something going for me, insetad he became more conservative and more FG oriented. This regime does 1 thing well, it doesn't THINK.

Remember Ireland said he focused so much about fixing the Linemen positions he forgot to address speed? How the **** do you do that? Uh oh I know how, you didn't think AGAIN.

i just wish some poeple would expand on their silly soundbites other than the follow the herd mentality.

seriously? people are surprised by this? They pretty much said Pouncey was drafted as a center.

i just wish some poeple would expand on their silly soundbites other than the follow the herd mentality.

seriously? people are surprised by this? They pretty much said Pouncey was drafted as a center.

I dont really mind the fact that Pouncey is going to play center..but At least make him earn it..Also Richie was not very good last year at LG..He was decent pass protecting but Miami failed to get any big runs off of him pulling...and really just didnt run the ball well at all..So who's to blame if not Richie?

I dont really mind the fact that Pouncey is going to play center..but At least make him earn it..Also Richie was not very good last year at LG..He was decent pass protecting but Miami failed to get any big runs off of him pulling...and really just didnt run the ball well at all..So who's to blame if not Richie?

Tony Sparano? Jeff Ireland? Combination of the two?

I wish we could have this line for the season:

LT- Long
LG-Incognito
C- Pouncey
RG- Carl Nicks
RT- Carey

Switch those 2 around and we could have something.

If we were to some how manage to get Carl Nicks, he would be slotted in at LG next to Jake Long. The guy is the most complete guard in the league, he can move, he can use power . . . he has it all, perfect for LG . . . the position he plays on the Saints.

Pouncey would be the clear cut option at Center, and there would be a battle between Jerry/Garner/Incognito for that RG spot . . . if Incognito wins, expect Berger to be kept on as the backup to Pouncey . . . If Incog doesn't win, expect him to be the #1 backup for all 3 interior line spots. Ideally you want Jerry to win, so you have your top 7 OLine players slotted in. If Jerry doesn't win the job, I would hope they consider him at RT before he got cut.

Carey suffered from a terrible terrible injury remember

Nothing against Garner, he can be a solid player but he's as mobile as an aircraft carrier

Obviously he isn't the next coming of Steve Hutchinson . . . but he has pretty good feet and he showed he can handle the LG position in 2009 when we had a bunch of injuries on the OLine. I'd definitely favor him over what I saw out of Incognito at LG last season. I'm actually surprised they made a clear decision on Pouncey to play Center because the most success this OLine had was with a healthy Justin Smiley on the move at the LG spot . . . and Pouncey seems ideal for the LG spot, while Incognito seems best suited at Center.

Oh yes it does!!
Garner is a journeyman backup, with a long way to go.

LG Incognito is a tragedy that severely limits play calling ... Immobility R' Us!!

He & a couple others are why our O-Line has sucked badly for the last 4 years ... contrary to all those threads, stats, web sites, etc. who say we're top rated ... amazing amount of football dummies floating around ... when all you need to do is watch them getting blown off the line all game.

Even if rookie Pouncey is actually good & can actually climb the NFL-Lineman learning curve quickly (doubtful for any rookie, even Jake couldn't) ... our line has a huge probability to be sucky this year. ESPN didn't predict 5-11 for nothing ... even though fandom ranks all of our positions uber high around here.

You are wrong about Garner. He was playing great prior to his injury. He also is able to play every line position. He is arguably our 3rd or 4th best lineman IMHO.

He actually played center in college..Was moved to Left Guard in St. Louis..Played that in Buffalo too.

Incognito played LT at Nebraska and made first FWAA ( Football writers Assoc) first team as a freshman. He played LT for three years at Nebraska. They tried him out at center one spring but had no one to replace him at LT.

He was written in by Martz and Paul Boudreau at LG in ST. Louis alongside Orlando Pace. They lost their center and he played 13 games at center and the rest of the time there at RG after Martz and Paul Boudrea ( Atlanta Oline coach) left.

I disagree with the people that say he is slow. 99% of the time he pulled and Jerry or the Red haired guy from Dallas were still in their hole. Each time they pulled him to block the DE coming from our Right side, he did it, did not miss once. I too would have liked to see him at center but I agree with others. we only have journeymen as backups at Guard' yes Garner is included in those journeymen.

Long - Richie - Pouncey - Jerry - Carey is a solid unit -
Garner is a LT - LG - C - RG - RT back up should be resigned - solid back up - ok as a starter
Berger is a ok starter and solid back up at Guard and center
everyone else is just a back up - maybe add some vetrain depth

Incognito played LT at Nebraska and made first FWAA ( Football writers Assoc) first team as a freshman. He played LT for three years at Nebraska. They tried him out at center one spring but had no one to replace him at LT.

He was written in by Martz and Paul Boudreau at LG in ST. Louis alongside Orlando Pace. They lost their center and he played 13 games at center and the rest of the time there at RG after Martz and Paul Boudrea ( Atlanta Oline coach) left.

I disagree with the people that say he is slow. 99% of the time he pulled and Jerry or the Red haired guy from Dallas were still in their hole. Each time they pulled him to block the DE coming from our Right side, he did it, did not miss once. I too would have liked to see him at center but I agree with others. we only have journeymen as backups at Guard' yes Garner is included in those journeymen.

I agree with most of these points, but I wouldn't consider Garner a journeyman. We picked him up when the Jets cut him after training camp. He has spent his whole career minus a couple of months as a Dolphin.

Back
Top Bottom