Incognito to play on the left side | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Incognito to play on the left side

Cowboy's Left Guard Kyle Kosier is Free Agent, I expect the Dolphins to be heavily interested in him. Has experience at both Guard spots.

Can we please have a football conversation without you attempting to make it personal? Just once?

i'm not trying to make anything personal...your buying what they're selling on this incog at left guard stuff...i'm not...i think its a horrible move...the guy can't pull and make solid contact to save his life...he's not a good fit for a sometimes zone scheme fit anyways and now he's the guy we have penciled in as the starting left guard??? ugh

but to each his own...

Well at any rate I hope it works out...However it was not a good fit last year...

i'm not trying to make anything personal...your buying what they're selling on this incog at left guard stuff...i'm not...i think its a horrible move...the guy can't pull and make solid contact to save his life...he's not a good fit for a sometimes zone scheme fit anyways and now he's the guy we have penciled in as the starting left guard??? ugh

but to each his own...

Like I said, Pouncey can pull. Yes he struggled at center in college, but that was at the BEGINNING of the year, he was doing very well by the end of the season. I do expect Pouncey, the best interior lineman in the draft, to play center and be a pulling center. He might not be his brother, but he isn't really that far behind and I do expect a lot out of him as a rookie. With Pouncey at center and Long at left tackle, I do think Incognito will be fine at left guard, a position he is very familiar with.

If these guys are still in charge come next year I look forward to us drafting a left guard with our first round pick.

Gotta fill those needs, after all.

BTW, guys. Incog was a right guard for the Rams. He played some center, but he was chiefly a right guard. Not a left guard. Which means that even a ****ty team like the Rams has more idea what to do with their offensive line personnel than Sparano and company. Ugh.

This, Ingonito did play right guard for the Rams.

But don't fret to much, this current plan will only last until the second practice, at which point Sparano will start juggling them around.

As for needs, god forbid if Dan Carpenter's play ever goes down, we'd look like the Raiders when we inevitably burn a first round pick on a kicker.

Like I said, Pouncey can pull. Yes he struggled at center in college, but that was at the BEGINNING of the year, he was doing very well by the end of the season. I do expect Pouncey, the best interior lineman in the draft, to play center and be a pulling center. He might not be his brother, but he isn't really that far behind and I do expect a lot out of him as a rookie. With Pouncey at center and Long at left tackle, I do think Incognito will be fine at left guard, a position he is very familiar with.

so you think you're gonna pull the center and not the left guard pretty much...thats not how i see it...of course if it was up to me incog would be competing at center and pouncey would be my move left guard...i want a make solid contact move player at left guard...incogs not that guy

I honestly feel like our Line would be better with Pouncey at G, Incognito at C, and Garner at RG....

Is our running game going to change at all under Dabboll? As far as scheme?

Why not put your most mobile guard . . . Nate Garner . . . at LG. He played well there in 2009. Nublar . . . Ritchie was playing out of position in 2010 . . . he isn't a LG, he came over as a RG, but with the injury to Garner and the inexperience of Jerry and the success he was showing at RG, they figured best to put him at LG.

Ritchie at LG is NOTHING to be excited about IMO . . .he showed much more promise at Center, and it is very valid with the struggles Pouncey may have early on as a rookie center to work him in slowly at LG and have Ritchie have a run at Center. You know the guy can play RG if need be.

What might actually be good about NOT having any time to evaluate and tinker with the O-line is that we might actually get some freakin' continuity.

That's where all his bad snaps came from in college. When they had him pull. So now you're asking a rookie, who is still relatively inexperienced at the center position, to make the calls on blocking assignments and everything that goes into that, snap the ball and pull? You're asking for trouble, especially with an immobile QB who's not real athletic and not very good at improvising.

FALSE! The problem POUNCEY had was early in the season, primarily "shotgun" snaps. As the season went on, he settled in at C, and THAT was THAT. Don't invent facts as you go along.

Oh yes it does!!
Garner is a journeyman backup, with a long way to go.

LG Incognito is a tragedy that severely limits play calling ... Immobility R' Us!!

He & a couple others are why our O-Line has sucked badly for the last 4 years ... contrary to all those threads, stats, web sites, etc. who say we're top rated ... amazing amount of football dummies floating around ... when all you need to do is watch them getting blown off the line all game.

Even if rookie Pouncey is actually good & can actually climb the NFL-Lineman learning curve quickly (doubtful for any rookie, even Jake couldn't) ... our line has a huge probability to be sucky this year. ESPN didn't predict 5-11 for nothing ... even though fandom ranks all of our positions uber high around here.

Foolish.

GARNER MADE THE TEAM as V CAREY's back-up. He moved to G by necessity (many injuries), and did very well. And in that game where both MIAMI Cs went down, he filled in at C on about 2 Minutes' notice. Do you remember what happened? The first snap was botched. After that? PERFECT, in every way. Don't invent facts as you go along. It won't work.

I love how much debate Incrapito gets on here. Probably only second to Henne. I for one hate this guys. He is pure crap plain and simply. Missed more blocks than can be counted last year and when he wasn't completely wiffing on his blocks he was flat on his azz. Worst move Miami made was resigning him to 3 years. I honestly don't know how Sparano was ever considered a Oline guru! Our ideal Oline would be Long-FA-Pouncey-Garner-Carey with Jerry as #1 back up. Run with it from day 1 and stop overthinking it.

Is our running game going to change at all under Dabboll? As far as scheme?

It apparently will have elements of the zone blocking scheme. I doubt many of them(as Sparano is not of that school), but it will be something of a hybrid.

Back
Top Bottom