Interesting Perspective On The Dolphins CB Situation | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Perspective On The Dolphins CB Situation

Howard has made some big plays, so the ints kind of mask his more average abilities at CB. He has always been more about the money than the game itself. I hope we move on and he gets a strong dose of reality.

Howard has made some big plays, so the ints kind of mask his more average abilities at CB. He has always been more about the money than the game itself. I hope we move on and he gets a strong dose of reality.
Howard is no longer the Howard he used to be. He's been hurt every year recently (groin issues, I believe), lost a step last season, and lost another step this past season. Miami should have moved on when he wanted more money. He may have been worth the big contract at the time, but after he wanted even more, he should have been cut or traded.

Kohou needs to be in the slot only.....he's not very good playing outside. The big hope is that Cam Smith can develop into at least a good starter. I think Needham is gone.....we'll probably be drafting a CB or getting one in free agency imo

I would also add that he’s very good at man coverage no so much zone, it might take a few years for that part to catch up

Mirroring skills and tackling is his strength

Offensive line, (center, guard, and resigning hunt or replacing him so that’s three starting positions assuming armstead doesn’t retire) defensive tackle if, Wilkins leaves which is pretty likely, and then a tight end OR a big bodied third WR are are our three biggest needs well before linebacker. You don’t have to spend alot of money at LB except for resigning Van Ginkel. once we get Chubb and Philips back from injury our edge group is strong. Jerome Baker can be restructured or replaced fairly cheaply, and we should bring Long back. Someone like Clowney can be brought in on the cheap to help at the edge until we get Philips and chub back. (Clowney played for $2.5m last year and head like 8 saks and he played for Weaver) not a difficult position group to sort out. One can argue that it could be upgraded with players like Patrick queen and such, but not sure that will be able to be done this off season.
Excellent idea!

I see Baker likely taking a pay cut and returning .

Howard is probably gone, regardless, and the position overall will suffer.

I agree that Howard is probably gone. He's not really good enough for all the money we are paying him and his available is falling off.

I don't agree that the position will suffer overall. Let's find out who will be playing there before we start all that self-pitting "woe is me" crap.

Definitely time to move on. Great ball skills and definitely impacted games for Miami over the years.

I see Baker likely taking a pay cut and returning .

Howard is probably gone, regardless, and the position overall will suffer.
Has a player ever taken a pay cut to stay somewhere recently? I can't remember it happening in Miami.

I don't agree with Howard gone that the position will suffer. I honestly believe you can replace what he was giving the team for a fraction of his cost in FA, even if it's just a 1 year deal with a more veteran guy if Cam Smith is a bust. X was not good last year, he tried his old playing off to bait in the QB but he didn't have the burst to get there anymore and gave up a few big plays because of it.

He was your most disliked Dolphin when he led the league in interceptions, finished third in DPOY award voting and was a first team all-pro in a season when the Dolphins fielded Noah Igbinoghene, Clayton Fejedelem, Jesse Davis (for 99% of snaps), Ereck Flowers and Michael Dieter?

Good one.🤡
Yep, his constant contract demands. Domestic violence, getting brunt by any WR who could run 4.4.

Yeah he made some great plays but overall the juice wasn't worth the squeeze. We paid him 86 million dollars for 8 years of his service. In that time he was at or near the top 5 paid defensive backs in the NFL.

We won ZERO playoff games in his tenure, delt with numerous off-field distractions over the years from trouble with the law to contract hold-outs.

Call me a clown, I don't give two shits, I didn't like the guy.

I agree that Howard is probably gone. He's not really good enough for all the money we are paying him and his available is falling off.

I don't agree that the position will suffer overall. Let's find out who will be playing there before we start all that self-pitting "woe is me" crap.
You may be right but even though X is not the player he once was, he is still better than a lot of guys you would get on a vet min contract.

Cant wait until he's off the team. He's been my most disliked Dolphin player for 5 years in a row. Good riddance.

Howard has been very to say the least disappointing last few years 🐻

Star Trek Kirk GIF
....I'm kidding 😂.................but there were rumors about his groin area injuries.

Back
Top Bottom