International Dol-fans! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

International Dol-fans!

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I decided to make this post for people to represent around the world! Figured it was a good thing to do since it's slow around here.

If you are visiting this forum from outside the United States, please post here and represent! Tell us where you are visiting from and how you got into football and specifically...the Miami Dolphins!!!

Thanks!

TT

I will be studying in Italy all of this upcoming year, so do I count? :D

Also, does anybody know of a place in Florence where I can catch some games? Listening on the internet gets old real quick.

Howdy! First time posting, Dolphins fan from Canada, been a fan since I first saw Marino play way back when. Getting all the games here is sometimes tough, but in general I'll get at least 14 or so ( if I'm lucky ). I ain't all that crazy about the CFL, so Miami is it!

Ain't always easy being a fan around here, Buffalo, New England and New York is closer, but then again...it's even more sweet when we beat 'em :)

I'm from the States, but live in Mexico now.

I first favored the Packs... but then I lived in Miami from '62 to '66, so I pretty much saw the Dolphins be born. I guess I started to like them because of the colors... and because I kinda grew apart of the Pack.

Anyway, hope that's what you were looking for.

hey im from perth, australia. i remember a while back i think i hired out madden quarterback club 98 or some game like that. i didn't enjoy it all that much but i remember i used to play as the miami dolphins seeming as i have always wanted to go to miami. A few years down the track and there i am purchasing madden 2004 as it is on sale for 60 australian dollars. little did i realise that this was an awesome game. i played as the miami dolphins of course and the game lead me to try and discover other sources of the game of american football. over here we get NO games unless you pay for a cable service known as foxtel. I have been trying to get foxtel for quite some time now and am looking forward to its arrival on wednesday. even so i have still seen a lot of games at my cousins house as i get him to tape the games for me on foxtel. i remember when i bought an american football and tryed to introduce the rules and dynamics of the sport to my friends at the local park. of course they were booting it around like we do in our own rendition of the widely used term of 'football'. i showed them that the play begins with the center who snaps the ball to the quarterback. i then showed them a pass and they just kind of looked at me in a state of confusion yet curiousity. since then i have managed to convert them into football fans also, and while they do not have the passion towards a particular club as i do, they still love the sport. so yeh, luke armitage spreading the word of football down under :goof: !!

Usual thank you for you and much information. From long distance Tokyo, I always appreciate.

The Dolphins is one of the teams which are the most popular in Japan. Therefore, almost all games can be watched here. There is also live relay occasionally. The Dolphins played a game in Tokyo in 1991. It is the highest recollections of my boyhood that I was able to meet Dan and the Marks brothers.

Since I am not good at English, although there may be a part which is hard to read -- that time -- I am sorry.

Supposing you may come for play to Tokyo, I will treat to REAL sushi. :D

I'm up in winnipeg manitoba canada huge fins fan and we have the winnipeg blue bombers here(which is much much better than the europe stuff but still not the nfl obviously) I cant wait for the season to start and most of my buddies think im crazy for it...

Hi...I live in Ireland...have been a fin fan for over 10 years...I keep in contact on the net...wqam, this site, sun-sentinnel etc.

I love getting access to links to interviews etc...so keep them coming.

Hi im from mexico City

I watch the games on direct tv cause here they only show 1 afc game and 1 nfc game a week

They used to show all phins games when marino was playing so i guess thats why i bacame a dolfan

Ive been around finheaven since 2 years and i read it every day but im not a really good poster

So hi from mexico

Im posting from Munich, Germany. I'm a Dolfan for about 15 years now. I got into football after watching Superbowl 24 (Niners vs Broncos 55-10). A friend of mine has been in the US for 2 months and explained the rules to me. How I became a Dolfan? I watched Dan the Man play, do I need to say more? ;)

I'm from London in England.

Bin a Dolphins fan for three years, though the love started thanx to my parents.

They bought me a load of dolphins gear on a family holiday when i was 6 in 93.

Now i love phins.

First post for me.

I'm from Wales, and I've been supporting the Dolphins since 1985 (The Marino era).

One of my earliest Dolphin memories was when we prevented the Bears from going unbeaten. (And my Dad, being a Bears fan, made the feeling twice as sweet).
We both had smiles on our faces when 'The fridge' ploughed through the Pats during the superbowl, however. Ah.. those were the days {nostalgia kicking in}.

I crave the game, but besides the poor coverage on Ch5, and despite the glorious gift of the internet, there is little interest in this part of the world for NFL, nowadays.

A message for the NFL commisioner: Please give us a NFLE team, or at least organise the world bowl to be played in the UK. Having to travel to Amsterdam to see The Claymores beat the Admirals in a meaningless game, just doesn't satisfy the addiction.

dolfancoolio said:
hey im from perth, australia.
And I thought I was the only Aussie :D . I am from the other side though in Sydney. My brother got me in to it and I've been hooked ever since.:D

samurai zach said:
Usual thank you for you and much information. From long distance Tokyo, I always appreciate.

The Dolphins is one of the teams which are the most popular in Japan. Therefore, almost all games can be watched here. There is also live relay occasionally. The Dolphins played a game in Tokyo in 1991. It is the highest recollections of my boyhood that I was able to meet Dan and the Marks brothers.

Since I am not good at English, although there may be a part which is hard to read -- that time -- I am sorry.

Supposing you may come for play to Tokyo, I will treat to REAL sushi. :D

Wow.........the Dolphins are that popular out in Japan?

enigmatics said:
Wow.........the Dolphins are that popular out in Japan?

It is said that it is the first half of the 70s that NFL relay started in Japan. That is, the Dolphins is the strongest time. It is said that there was a NFL boom during a boy of those days in Japan. Since children like an always strong thing.
As for after it, Dan Marino determined popularity. I am also the one person.

I think that Dallas, San Francisco, and Oakland of others are popular.

Back
Top Bottom