International Dol-fans!

Russian Dolfan said:
Greetings everybody

Let me tell you what is supporting Dolphins in Russia looks like
Can you imagine? Tuesday, 5am Moscow time Time when everybody sleeps
Everybody, except me
New Arbat, Moscow version of Broadway Metelitsa-Sportland sport club
Empty hall Main screen translates Dolphins Monday Night game
Only me and several hookers attending Also there could be some people with hard insomnia
Can you remember last year' Orange Sunday
We are very long way behind Redskins Griese struggling badly Comes Fiedler and Ricky starts to kick their asses Biggest comeback since 1980 I am happy, need sleeping, but now it's 8am, time to go to work already There were no any people happier than me :D

Please accept me into your aqua-orange community :D

(sorry, i removed all the points so it looks somewhat crazy, but the forum engine told there could be some urls in my message, and it is not going to be accepted)
Hardcore dedication!! Thanks for the description!! :up:

Wow, :welcome: to the many... the proud... the Dolfan community... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Dolfan
Greetings everybody

Let me tell you what is supporting Dolphins in Russia looks like
Can you imagine? Tuesday, 5am Moscow time Time when everybody sleeps
Everybody, except me
New Arbat, Moscow version of Broadway Metelitsa-Sportland sport club
Empty hall Main screen translates Dolphins Monday Night game
Only me and several hookers attending Also there could be some people with hard insomnia
Can you remember last year' Orange Sunday
We are very long way behind Redskins Griese struggling badly Comes Fiedler and Ricky starts to kick their asses Biggest comeback since 1980 I am happy, need sleeping, but now it's 8am, time to go to work already There were no any people happier than me

Please accept me into your aqua-orange community

(sorry, i removed all the points so it looks somewhat crazy, but the forum engine told there could be some urls in my message, and it is not going to be accepted)

Hardcore dedication!! Thanks for the description!!

Oh man, I know what you're talking about. Timezones are so crappy.

When we play the monday night game, I have to get up at 3am, only to listen to the game on "field pass" (they don't show the monday night games in Denmark =(

We are very long way behind Redskins Griese struggling badly Comes Fiedler and Ricky starts to kick their asses Biggest comeback since 1980 I am happy

Oh man. Was I the only one that was really excited to see a Griese family member back in the uniform at the beginning of last season? I was so sad when he did poorly.

I'm soon to be wearing my Zach jersey in Kyoto, Japan. I thought I was a long way from blessed Pro Player already, living here in Vancouver, Canada. The Russian fans story has me all bummed about finding my football games in Japan. Unless it's Sunday night or Monday night we don't get many games up here. If I have to watch the Vikes or Seahawks one more time I'll puke.

Hi Guys,

I am a huge Fins fan from Melbourne Australia. Great site you guys have here. Check it every day.
I first discovered gridiron when the Skins and Bills played in the superbowl.

We used to get a game of the week and then highlights that ran 90 minutes every Tuesday night. Dan Marino was the first player I saw that captured my imagination.

Now my mate tapes 3 games a week off Foxtel (Aussie Cable) and we hand them around our group.

I have a McFarlane Ricky Williams on my desk at work and nobody I work with understands who the great man is. Would loved to have run into him in the street when he was here on holiday and had a beer.

If you ever want to see a different kind of football check out the AFL webpage and see some Australian Rules Football.
You have to get on the Hawthorn Hawks bandwagon.

Looking forward to watching Superbowl Monday with the Fins winning it all whilst my Vikings, Browns, 49ers and Cowboys supporting mates cry on the couch.

holdhotter said:
get back to me on that one
i did the NYU freshman year in florence program

anyways i am originally from paris, france. im half french half american was at nyu last year but transferred to u miami so now i can watch my beloved team yay.

Awesome, tell me all I need to know.

Hello from Singapore.

I am a Floridian who went to school at FIT and still own a couple houses in Melbourne (Fla that is). Soon to be moving to Canberra Australia at the start of the year.

Great site. Really nice to stay up to date on whats going on w/ the phins.

cunna25 said:
Hi Guys,

I am a huge Fins fan from Melbourne Australia. Great site you guys have here. Check it every day.
I first discovered gridiron when the Skins and Bills played in the superbowl.

We used to get a game of the week and then highlights that ran 90 minutes every Tuesday night. Dan Marino was the first player I saw that captured my imagination.

Now my mate tapes 3 games a week off Foxtel (Aussie Cable) and we hand them around our group.

I have a McFarlane Ricky Williams on my desk at work and nobody I work with understands who the great man is. Would loved to have run into him in the street when he was here on holiday and had a beer.

If you ever want to see a different kind of football check out the AFL webpage and see some Australian Rules Football.
You have to get on the Hawthorn Hawks bandwagon.

Looking forward to watching Superbowl Monday with the Fins winning it all whilst my Vikings, Browns, 49ers and Cowboys supporting mates cry on the couch.
Have you ever been to Cunnamulla? It's at the end of the railway line....You don't ever want to marry somebody from a town at the end of the line.

Dolfan here originally from Sheffield, England (although I now live in the South East of England and work in London).

Our Channel 4 used to show weekly highlights of NFL games from about 1983. The first programme I watched was I think sometime in 1985 when I was about 9 years old. It was probably the playoffs in the lead up to the Superbowl against the 49ers. Some guy called Marino was throwing the ball a very long way to some other guys called Clayton and Duper, and that was all it took for me to become hooked. :beerbang:

Been a huge fan ever since then and was unbelievably upset when during my first full season following the Fins they lost in the AFC Championship to the Patsies. I just remember sitting through the game and wondering how such a rubbish team could beat the Fins at the Orange Bowl and just like one of the other UK Dolfans was very pleased to see the Bears destroy them in the SB.

NFL coverage in the UK has varied, after lots of interest in the 80's by the mid-90's it was on the wane. However recently 2 Channels (Sky and Channel 5) have started showing games, sky usually show back to back Sunday afternoon games. Channel 5 usually show full recordings of the Sunday and Monday night games and have a weekly highlights show. So it's getting a lot better these days, and I think interest in the NFL is picking up again.

The nfluk website has a very popular forum and there are a fair few Fins on there. Generally the Fins have been one of the best supported teams in the UK, probably to do with them being a successful team and attractive to watch with Marino and the Marks during the early years of coverage in the UK.

Supporting the Fins is great these days as the net makes it so easy to follow things. I've never followed an off-season closer than this and can't wait for the new season despite the doubts over the OLine and whether or not Feeley can be the real deal.

Go Dolphins!

I'm another Canadian, live just outside Toronto. Started watching the Dolphins after I saw the greatness that was Dan Marino. Been hooked ever since.

darkoak said:
I'm soon to be wearing my Zach jersey in Kyoto, Japan. I thought I was a long way from blessed Pro Player already, living here in Vancouver, Canada. The Russian fans story has me all bummed about finding my football games in Japan.

Hi darkoak!
Kyoto is an ancient city with old good Japan, and that is a place with about 1200 years of history. That is the place of yearning of even Japanese people.

The game relay broadcast of the Dolphins was broadcast 15 games last season. For example, If SKYPerfecTV! etc. is used, you can watch all games mostly in Japan.

It seems that the Japanese fan uses combining these relay stations in order to watch the game of NFL.
・NHK(Japanese national broadcasting)-BS1
・NTV-BS
・GAORA(SKYPerfecTV!)
・G+(SKYPerfecTV!)

Hi Guys,

Another huge Dolphins fan here from Wolverhampton, England. Have loved football since around 1985 when our Channel 4 started showing it. To be honest, it was hard to follow just one team in the arly days as you had no choice of games so I watched everything (and still do). Since the days of the internet with online commentary (don't you just love the Mad Dog Mandich?) on WQAM, forums like this one, the Sun Sentinel and Miami Herald etc. you can really keep in touch. I'd been lucky to see a few games live on holiday in the USA but as soon as I saw the Dolphins in 1996 I was really hooked. Can't explain it, just felt this was "my" team and loved every minute of it.

I'm another who stays up until the early hours listening to commentary of preseason games! Who needs sleep when you can listen to the Dolphins?

Looking forward to my holiday in Florida in November when I (hopefully) get to see the Dolphins live for the first time since 1999. Go Dolphins!

Mark.

Osan Korea

Huge Fin Fan in the ARMY stationed in Osan Korea, I was 5 years old and watched the Miami Dolphins play in the SB in 71, Disappointing loss but was hooked at 5 and I still have the 45rpm record of the DOLPHIN fight song, a collectors item now :lol: My grandparents sure guided me in the right path and chose for me the right team.:friday:
Its a shame here the Monday night games are not played till Tuesday morning and you just dont understand how hard it is to avoid finding out the scores till Tuesday night for the replay, you always get one jerk who will come up and say "Hey the Dolphins played great today":fire: But you still watch in vain.

samurai zach said:
Hi darkoak!
Kyoto is an ancient city with old good Japan, and that is a place with about 1200 years of history. That is the place of yearning of even Japanese people.

The game relay broadcast of the Dolphins was broadcast 15 games last season. For example, If SKYPerfecTV! etc. is used, you can watch all games mostly in Japan.

It seems that the Japanese fan uses combining these relay stations in order to watch the game of NFL.
・NHK(Japanese national broadcasting)-BS1
・NTV-BS
・GAORA(SKYPerfecTV!)
・G+(SKYPerfecTV!)
Hey thanks for the info. I feel alot better about seeing my games now.:D

Back
Top Bottom