Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested | Page 82 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interview with Mike McDaniel Requested

If we hire McDaniel, perhaps this guy comes along:

He has worked with alot of good TE's
Christian Fauria, Matt Lepsis, Daniel Graham (2001 John Mackey Award Winner), Marcedes Lewis (2005 John Mackey Award Winner), Tony Gonzalez, Chris Cooley, Jordan Cameron, George Kittle (single-season NFL TE receiving record of 1,377 yards in 2018).

If we hire McDaniel, perhaps this guy comes along:

He has worked with alot of good TE's
Christian Fauria, Matt Lepsis, Daniel Graham (2001 John Mackey Award Winner), Marcedes Lewis (2005 John Mackey Award Winner), Tony Gonzalez, Chris Cooley, Jordan Cameron, George Kittle (single-season NFL TE receiving record of 1,377 yards in 2018).
Well we would need a starting tight end for him to work with, and not a tall slot receiver. Sorry couldn't resist.

If for some reason McDaniel passes on the job, we ought to just pivot to someone internal and consider it a year-long tryout with no assurances that it will go longer than the year. Then next off-season, we go after Jim Harbaugh.

If for some reason McDaniel passes on the job, we ought to just pivot to someone internal and consider it a year-long tryout with no assurances that it will go longer than the year. Then next off-season, we go after Jim Harbaugh.
Forget Harbaugh at this point. If its a year out, lets get Payton and a new QB to groom.

With respect, I am just not feeling it. It reminds me of what Flores did with our co-offensive coordinators and OL coach.

Anything official on why it was pushed back?
I don't know that it was an official statement, but the reported reason was that Grier was at the Senior Bowl. Both the re-schedule and the report came out before any news of the lawsuit did so I doubt it was related to the lawsuit.

With respect, I am just not feeling it. It reminds me of what Flores did with our co-offensive coordinators and OL coach.

Wait...what?

There is a major difference between collaboration between the OC and his staff and having multiple people in the top role.

Do you really think every OC in the NFL doesn't receive input from his position coaches?

Forget Harbaugh at this point. If its a year out, lets get Payton and a new QB to groom.
Yeah, I kinda agree. I just couldn't think of any other top flight coaches who might be available. I would take Payton over Harbaugh.

Yeah, it's not meant to give warm fuzzies. Miami would basically take the year to sort of evaluate this internal candidate in the head coach's role while letting them fumble about and lead us to a mostly losing season, hopefully. Let's not call it tanking, but it's time for Miami to get serious about a rebuild. In 2023, we lay a foundation for stability with some good hires for our GM/HC.

Oh yeah, Grier would probably be out if it were up to me. He just wouldn't know it this year.

Wait...what?

There is a major difference between collaboration between the OC and his staff and having multiple people in the top role.

Do you really think every OC in the NFL doesn't receive input from his position coaches?
I wasn't talking about collaboration. Sorry about that. I should have been more clear. I was referring to not liking the thought of promoting one of our existing coaches to HC if McDaniel backs out. If he does, then I say we still go outside the organization and broaden our search.

Back
Top Bottom