Ireland mentioned in USA Today story on alleged NFL illegal interview practices | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland mentioned in USA Today story on alleged NFL illegal interview practices

Yea, I agree, but the reason Ireland asked that because he wanted to see if the kid was going to have character issues... be a locker room problem, etc. Obviously he has been a good player for them and it all worked out, but you can see how a poor family life can affect a person, right? Besides, doesn't Dez have to have a team-imposed curfew to make sure he doesn't party too much etc? Hey, great player, would love him here, but trying to also present what Ireland and Co. were probably wondering about when they did ask him the question.

Puhlease, Misi is a certified badass..Some dude talking ****, **** it.

He kicked his door down and ****ed his ass up :lol:, my kind of dude.

He is a coward that broke the face of a innocent man that was half his size, he then even proved more of a coward when he forcefully took a cell phone from a woman to prevent a 911 call and destroyed it! Oh and he is a less then average player too!

Here is some stuff:

"Bryant missed nearly his entire last college season at Oklahoma State because of an NCAA suspension for lying about having dinner with Deion Sanders. He ran up hundreds of thousands of dollars in bills on game tickets and jewelry, and was sued by people who said they were creditors.
Last year, he was kicked out of an upscale Dallas mall for wearing sagging pants. In January, he was reportedly involved in a fight with the rapper Lil Wayne at a Miami nightclub."

"According to numerous reports, Bryant will attend weekly counseling sessions, have a full-time security team and not be allowed to consume alcohol or attend strip clubs. The security members will drive Bryant to team functions, including practices and games, and the receiver will also be subject to a curfew.
Bryant was arrested in July for allegedly assaulting his mother, who has since said she doesn't want authorities to pursue charges against him. The Dallas County district attorney's office has yet to make a decision about misdemeanor family violence charges."

Yea, I agree, but the reason Ireland asked that because he wanted to see if the kid was going to have character issues... be a locker room problem, etc. Obviously he has been a good player for them and it all worked out, but you can see how a poor family life can affect a person, right? Besides, doesn't Dez have to have a team-imposed curfew to make sure he doesn't party too much etc? Hey, great player, would love him here, but trying to also present what Ireland and Co. were probably wondering about when they did ask him the question.

Asking him him a question which had no basis in reality was a poor choice. In fact his mom was never arrested for prostitution and nobody has ever said that dez's mom was a prostitute. Now if he had asked if his mom or dad had been arrested for drugs maybe that would have been a better question(still no basis except to discriminate against bryant because of his family's history and not his own) Asking that question gives u no insight into how his rough upbringing affected him as a person. dez Bryant has never been in any real toruble never been caught selling or using drugs or assaulting anyone up to that point. we have signed much worse character issue guys than Bryant.

Here is some stuff:

"Bryant missed nearly his entire last college season at Oklahoma State because of an NCAA suspension for lying about having dinner with Deion Sanders. He ran up hundreds of thousands of dollars in bills on game tickets and jewelry, and was sued by people who said they were creditors.
Last year, he was kicked out of an upscale Dallas mall for wearing sagging pants. In January, he was reportedly involved in a fight with the rapper Lil Wayne at a Miami nightclub."

"According to numerous reports, Bryant will attend weekly counseling sessions, have a full-time security team and not be allowed to consume alcohol or attend strip clubs. The security members will drive Bryant to team functions, including practices and games, and the receiver will also be subject to a curfew.
Bryant was arrested in July for allegedly assaulting his mother, who has since said she doesn't want authorities to pursue charges against him. The Dallas County district attorney's office has yet to make a decision about misdemeanor family violence charges."
Ha ha you can probably bet that what Dez really did was watered down after the cowboys attorneys got done. As for Msi there was no way Ireland could predict the kid was going to have this issue 3 years ago. I am not defending Msi either for hurting someone. I will say in the Msi case are there any facts like the guy verbally assaulting him for instance first provoking the incident. Does it make it right what Msi did if that was the case no but like I was pointing out earlier if he was provoked than that person carries responsibility also. We live in a country where levels of bullying are tolerated and overlooked along with levels of responsibility. My point about Ireland "if" the version of the story I have heard is true is his statement was a response more than a question about what Bryantt volunteered about his parents. This is a team sport and as a GM I would certainly want to know every detail about my top pick because his status will carry a lot of wieght in the locker room. If a guy likes boys or had a troubled home life it's likely to cause problem for the entire team and if you are paying the guy like uptime million dollars its not like you can just cut him or fire him ad in most any wonder job. Different circumstances. Look we have rapists in Pittburgh and killers in Baltimore playing because of the big bucks they have to hide behind, their player status and their teams are winning. I do not agree with that at all but the rules are certainly being bent in those cases as an example of why as a GM I would hope most of us would try and prevent. This is a rough sport (gladiator style) and we can put our head under the sand and pretend that's it a regular job that should fall under the same rules most of live by but just by its nature it has evolved to have its own rules to deal with the nature of portion of our culture.

Ha ha you can probably bet that what Dez really did was watered down after the cowboys attorneys got done. As for Msi there was no way Ireland could predict the kid was going to have this issue 3 years ago. I am not defending Msi either for hurting someone. I will say in the Msi case are there any facts like the guy verbally assaulting him for instance first provoking the incident. Does it make it right what Msi did if that was the case no but like I was pointing out earlier if he was provoked than that person carries responsibility also. We live in a country where levels of bullying are tolerated and overlooked along with levels of responsibility. My point about Ireland "if" the version of the story I have heard is true is his statement was a response more than a question about what Bryantt volunteered about his parents. This is a team sport and as a GM I would certainly want to know every detail about my top pick because his status will carry a lot of wieght in the locker room. If a guy likes boys or had a troubled home life it's likely to cause problem for the entire team and if you are paying the guy like uptime million dollars its not like you can just cut him or fire him ad in most any wonder job. Different circumstances. Look we have rapists in Pittburgh and killers in Baltimore playing because of the big bucks they have to hide behind, their player status and their teams are winning. I do not agree with that at all but the rules are certainly being bent in those cases as an example of why as a GM I would hope most of us would try and prevent. This is a rough sport (gladiator style) and we can put our head under the sand and pretend that's it a regular job that should fall under the same rules most of live by but just by its nature it has evolved to have its own rules to deal with the nature of portion of our culture.

Two things so if a guy says he is gay a team is justified in discrimating against him because it may cause problems.
As for Misi he was pleaded no contest to get a lesser charge based on his lack of documented criminal history and his paying of 42000 dollars to the man he wrongfully attacked(the wrong damn guy) No excuse at all to break into a private residence and attack someone. Its not a legal excuse to say someone from a balcony said something mean to me and I attacked him. We also dont know what was said from either side. Im sure that words were exchanged and we have no clue who started the matter and it is of no consequence. Misi was not in any danger and no reason to trespass anothers property to attack someone he had a dissagreement with. He was given 3 years of probation, ordered to attend anger management classes and 400 hours of community service. So apparently the state did not feel that Misi had any justifiable reason at all and anybody on this board should see that.

Two things so if a guy says he is gay a team is justified in discrimating against him because it may cause problems.
As for Misi he was pleaded no contest to get a lesser charge based on his lack of documented criminal history and his paying of 42000 dollars to the man he wrongfully attacked(the wrong damn guy) No excuse at all to break into a private residence and attack someone. Its not a legal excuse to say someone from a balcony said something mean to me and I attacked him. We also dont know what was said from either side. Im sure that words were exchanged and we have no clue who started the matter and it is of no consequence. Misi was not in any danger and no reason to trespass anothers property to attack someone he had a dissagreement with. He was given 3 years of probation, ordered to attend anger management classes and 400 hours of community service. So apparently the state did not feel that Misi had any justifiable reason at all and anybody on this board should

Why would anyone want to hire someone at the top of their organization that would cause problems tell me tha? Especially when their job is on the line because of making the decision to hire that person. It is a very slippery path when you make a decision like that because even if you support a lifestyle or want to look past someone's background you cannot just let them go because then it is discrimination based on our current judicial system so the smart decision is to learn as much information up front and if the person does not fit you pass on him or take the safer route and if available bring them in at a entry level position and see how it works out before elevating them to the top of then team. Thats the smart decision. I am not saying it is legal it is just smarter.

Hey as far as bullying I am all against that but it is how you define bullying is what is I getting lost. Bullying can be done on a mental level as well as a physical level. You take a intelligent less physical person who initiates a altercation by saying inaaproatiate language to physical person twice his size who might not be as gifted intellectually and when less intelligent person might eventually defend himself using his physical superiority we tend to want to overlook the person who initiated the incident and in reality was the bully in the situation. This may not have been Msi case but it is the case in many situations.

Asking him him a question which had no basis in reality was a poor choice. In fact his mom was never arrested for prostitution and nobody has ever said that dez's mom was a prostitute. Now if he had asked if his mom or dad had been arrested for drugs maybe that would have been a better question(still no basis except to discriminate against bryant because of his family's history and not his own) Asking that question gives u no insight into how his rough upbringing affected him as a person. dez Bryant has never been in any real toruble never been caught selling or using drugs or assaulting anyone up to that point. we have signed much worse character issue guys than Bryant.

Simply not true. It's was the reports at the time, not a couple years after. You are applying 20/20 hindsight. Not fair.

I honestly think the Dez story was overblown. I completely think that was a way to measure his attitude.

Now, asking about sexuality is expressly forbidden by the law.
Exactly.

I don't understand the comparison at ALL...

To me, the compare/contrast is by dumb people, or people looking to start a fight.

Exactly.

I don't understand the comparison at ALL...

To me, the compare/contrast is by dumb people, or people looking to start a fight.

I think it was just because thats the last major story on inappropriate questions. Its not the same thing legally but thats the only thing they can compare it to. Both questions to me are unprofessional but sexuality is illegal. neither questions gains anything for the interviewer in reality. For people to act like its some kind of actual test is even more beyond stupid

Couldn't blame the resident of the place Misi busted into if he shot Misi. An NFL LB breaking down your door is a pretty good reason to start shooting.

Couldn't blame the resident of the place Misi busted into if he shot Misi. An NFL LB breaking down your door is a pretty good reason to start shooting.

anybody breaking down your door is a good reason to start shooting. Just shows you how incredidbly stupid some people are. Some people dont think about the consequences of their actions. Amazing too that many defend a player for breaking down a door by saying he was provoked.

Back
Top Bottom