Ireland mentioned in USA Today story on alleged NFL illegal interview practices | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland mentioned in USA Today story on alleged NFL illegal interview practices

Finheaven, where asking someone if their mother is a prostitute is a legitimate interview question. :lol:

By the way, has anyone seen Dez's mother? If she's a prostitute she is very cheap.

How is not a valid question, was it not something that was out in the public arena?

It's not like Ireland was asking every player he interviewed the same question.

Again, this is not an interview that is to establish a working relationship. It is to probe the person that is being interviewed.

Quick and simple answer is Dez's mom was not the applicant, but because that will not satisfy the Ireland Clan the long answer is National and Florida Labor Law prohibit questions that do not pertain to the applicant. If Dez had a conviction on his record Ireland could have made a determination based upon that under Florida Labor Law. However since Dez didn't and his mom was not the applicant the question is illegal and discriminatory. Doesn't matter that some of you don't have a problem with the question because your opinion doesn't matter you are not a party to the case. Dez took issue with it and his opinion matters, the NFL took issue with it and their opinion matters because the Dolphins operate under them and are therefore subject to their Code Of Conduct and CBA. Dez accepted a apology from Ireland and let it go at that.

Des Byant IMO situation was different "if" Dez admitted up front that his Dad was a pimp and his mother worked for his Dad "after" he was asked by Ireland what his parents did for a living. The media and Players union implied that was all Ireland asked Dez. Like I said earlier Dez was very dumb for saying that about his parents and in fact in his statement implied that about his mother himself. Our society is going down a slippery slope where accountability is being demanded of a some and not others just for social reasons.

I think we can all admit what Dez probably said was dumb but the follow up question by Ireland is just as dumb. Why is this a for or against Ireland topic. Its wrong whoever asked. Jesus.
This has nothing to do with society's slippery slope it has all to do with unprofessional interview questions. That being said I never said once that Ireland should be fired for it. I said he made a mistake and accepted it, Im sure he learned from it. Now the sexual orientation question is clearly beyond non ethical its an illegal question and whoever asked probably should be fired if it was asked.

Finheaven, where asking someone if their mother is a prostitute is a legitimate interview question. :lol:

By the way, has anyone seen Dez's mother? If she's a prostitute she is very cheap.

Unless it's the jets GM that asks it, of course.

I think we can all admit what Dez probably said was dumb but the follow up question by Ireland is just as dumb. Why is this a for or against Ireland topic. Its wrong whoever asked. Jesus.
This has nothing to do with society's slippery slope it has all to do with unprofessional interview questions. That being said I never said once that Ireland should be fired for it. I said he made a mistake and accepted it, Im sure he learned from it. Now the sexual orientation question is clearly beyond non ethical its an illegal question and whoever asked probably should be fired if it was asked.
I am sure Ireland learned to watch every comment he ever makes because he will be held accountable whereas Dez hey his accountability is a different story. How many comments were their out there that mentioned Dez made a pretty ignorant comment about his parents but what the heck lets just blame it all on whoever the media tells us to. I never implied that you said anything about Ireland by the way

I'm sure that she would speak very highly of you, too.
For all of his baggage, Dez Bryant is a genuine Offensive weapon for the Dallas Cowboys. By trading down we got a 2nd round draft pick (Koa Misi). I'm not so sure that Ireland got that right.

I'm sure that she would speak very highly of you, too.
For all of his baggage, Dez Bryant is a genuine Offensive weapon for the Dallas Cowboys. By trading down we got a 2nd round draft pick (Koa Misi). I'm not so sure that Ireland got that right.

Ironically that second round pick now has a criminal conviction in his record!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure Ireland learned to watch every comment he ever makes because he will be held accountable whereas Dez hey his accountability is a different story. How many comments were their out there that mentioned Dez made a pretty ignorant comment about his parents but what the heck lets just blame it all on whoever the media tells us to. I never implied that you said anything about Ireland by the way

The accountability falls all on the employer interviewing, thats his job. if bryant says something stupid it counts against him to the person that may hire him and apparently it did although I would take bryant any day over odrick

Ironicallybthat second round pick now has a criminal conviction in his record!

Ironically the questions asked at the combine about Dez's mother and Nick's girlfriend generated more stir than the actually convictions of Dez's mother and Misi. I guess we have our priorities straight.

Ironically the questions asked at the combine about Dez's mother and Nick's girlfriend generated more stir than the actually convictions of Dez's mother and Misi. I guess we have our priorities straight.

Well the conviction of dez's mom is no big deal to any team because it doesnt truly affect the image or the team, now the Misi conviction to a degree does.

Well the conviction of dez's mom is no big deal to any team because it doesnt truly affect the image or the team, now the Misi conviction to a degree does.

Puhlease, Misi is a certified badass..Some dude talking ****, **** it.

He kicked his door down and ****ed his ass up :lol:, my kind of dude.

Puhlease, Misi is a certified badass..Some dude talking ****, **** it.

He kicked his door down and ****ed his ass up :lol:, my kind of dude.

from accounts for one it was the wrong guy and yea thats a good way to get shot. To me it just shows a weak minded person that would lose control like that

Yea, Misi is a complete idiot based on that event.

As for the Ireland mention - it is worth noting. A news reporter should mention that Ireland incident because it IS a specific question that is known to have been asked which can be tied in relation to the homosexuality one in "controversial questions". I don't think people mentioning the Ireland situation have a specific ax to grind with him at all, if any other GM had asked something like that at 2011 combine you better believe it would have been cited as well.

And as for Ireland's question, I guess it wasn't completely wrong for him to have asked that considering how many off the field issues Dez has had (though he has been a fantastic performer on the field).

Yea, Misi is a complete idiot based on that event.

As for the Ireland mention - it is worth noting. A news reporter should mention that Ireland incident because it IS a specific question that is known to have been asked which can be tied in relation to the homosexuality one in "controversial questions". I don't think people mentioning the Ireland situation have a specific ax to grind with him at all, if any other GM had asked something like that at 2011 combine you better believe it would have been cited as well.

And as for Ireland's question, I guess it wasn't completely wrong for him to have asked that considering how many off the field issues Dez has had (though he has been a fantastic performer on the field).

Still how does that question relate to anything that Dez has done off the field (nothing even close to anything major) Koa Misi has been in more trouble than Dez bryant.

For all the crap that bryant gets he has been for the most part a stellar citizen esp considering he his mom was busted for dealing crack and his dad was possibly a pimp. Supposdly he lived in 8 different homes while in high school and grew up in a pretty rough life. No drug convictions, no assault convictions , no drug use. hell he has exceeded expectations

Back
Top Bottom