Ireland retained | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland retained

Great, we get to look forward to more terrible draft picks and illogical removal of our teams most talented players. I do feel that this team is going in the right direction, but Ireland seems to have a way of ruining potential.

Cool. Enjoy having an even emptier stadium. Every loss they get will be well deserved.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

I will not be attending any games next season.

Join the club.

there is no so thing as an easy schedule when particularly when you play the pats twice.

We are improving because we are set at QB. That Qb is a rookie. Just because we did not make the playoffs does not mean we are not improving. OUr record shows we are still avg., but the rest of the outside world, and many on here were mostly predicting anywhere from 4 to 10 wins with most predicting around 7 or 8. So I dont see what the big stink is here considering this year. We found our QB. We also have another one behind him IMO. Just get some weapons and a few more OL and we are on our way. Everyone knows this offseason is huge.

Oh, we found our QB? So Tannehill will be named an all-pro at season's end, and make the pro-bowl? We still don't know if he's the right guy. Time will tell.

It's pretty simple Ireland convinced Ross that henne was parcells qb and tannehill is his. Strong play from tannehill saved his job, now he has to do something he hasn't done in his Miami tenure, identify skill players to help our young qb

Improvement? Haha.. Where? Ross should spend more time watching football rather than in NY running his other businesses.

I will not be attending any games next season if he stays.

And I won't be watching any games, because they are never good enough to be on tv. They will get 2 local games for me, and a thursday night game.

Dolphins expected to retain jeff ireland

Associates of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross tell the Miami Herald that Ross has "seen enough improvement" this season to retain GM Jeff Ireland into 2013.

Ireland appeared to be on a short leash as the season opened, but Ross and the Dolphins' upper management are encouraged after a mostly competitive season with rookie Ryan Tannehill showing promise at quarterback. "He sees progress," said a friend of Ross. The Dolphins are 6-8 after Sunday's win over Jacksonville. Miami will close out the season at home versus Buffalo and at New England.-Rotoworld.

Good. He's done a good enough job. There's talent here. Give Philbin and Ireland a couple more years and if that doesn't work you start fresh by getting rid of both. I think we are heading in the right direction.

there is no so thing as an easy schedule when particularly when you play the pats twice.

We are improving because we are set at QB. That Qb is a rookie. Just because we did not make the playoffs does not mean we are not improving. OUr record shows we are still avg., but the rest of the outside world, and many on here were mostly predicting anywhere from 4 to 10 wins with most predicting around 7 or 8. So I dont see what the big stink is here considering this year. We found our QB. We also have another one behind him IMO. Just get some weapons and a few more OL and we are on our way. Everyone knows this offseason is huge.

Thats bogus. You play one top 10 QB twice on the schedule (Brady) a couple of 10-20 guys (Schaub, Luck, Dalton) and the other 11 games you play QB's in the bottom 3rd of the league. 10 of the 16 games have been against teams with a record below .500. This was a weak schedule . . . there is no doubt about that.

Don't confuse improvement with not having to address the most important position on the field. Just the fact that we don't have to draft a QB next year because we are still seeing if the one we just drafted is "the guy" is the reason why Ireland is staying . . . but I wouldn't use the word "improvement" to describe the Miami Dolphins this season.

Back
Top Bottom