Ireland retained | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland retained

So because we dare to say Ireland is a bad gm and is a major reason we are rebuilding again we should quit being a fan? Give me a break being a fan doesn't mean being blind sheep. Ireland is trash and if he blows these high draft picks and large chunk of cap space this team is sunk for a long time. We have become the Cleveland Browns because of a terrible FO

No you shouldn't quit being a fan. I was just asking to see where you stood. Rebuilding sucks but we hopefully we have our coach and qb. I struggled with sparano and i always hoped henne would succeed but the coaching staff and players failed. It is 2012 and a new plan. Not the expectation that most wanted but I am highly optimistic for 2013. **** we still have a shot and it's week 16.

Wayne lives the offseason in Miami and he spoke glowingly about possibly signing with Miami.
His exact words

My phone is working. It’s definitely working. I got all my bars. Whenever that phone rings, trust me, I’ll answer,” Wayne said about his desire to sign with the Dolphins.
Wayne, a former Hurricanes standout who is a South Florida resident in the offseason, is optimistic he can do the same thing if the Dolphins make an offer,
He was never going to sign here with our QB situation.

He was never going to sign here with our QB situation.

bull crap there was nothign special about Indy;s qb situation when the offseason was upon him. He said he was interested , he lives in Miami but of course we chose not to even try because our GM is a boob.
I guess u forget Indy was 1-15 last year and his qb left so why wouldnt we have a chance
He is the one that said he was quite open to it

bull crap there was nothign special about Indy;s qb situation when the offseason was upon him. He said he was interested , he lives in Miami but of course we chose not to even try because our GM is a boob.
I guess u forget Indy was 1-15 last year and his qb left so why wouldnt we have a chance
He is the one that said he was quite open to it

I think if we had made a competitive offer, he definitely would have listened. However, given the team's ****ty cap situation in 2012 I understand why that might not have materialized. But in 2013, there is no excuse. None. Good receivers are going to hit the market and if we don't go after them aggressively we're going to be in for another year of this acorn crap where every two weeks we sign another no name scrub off the scrap heap and then cut him when we find out why he was on the scrap heap to begin with.

I think if we had made a competitive offer, he definitely would have listened. However, given the team's ****ty cap situation in 2012 I understand why that might not have materialized. But in 2013, there is no excuse. None. Good receivers are going to hit the market and if we don't go after them aggressively we're going to be in for another year of this acorn crap where every two weeks we sign another no name scrub off the scrap heap and then cut him when we find out why he was on the scrap heap to begin with.

Really we had money, we gave the same money he signed for in Indy to perennial cb scrub richard Marshall. Our cap was not really that dire this year in fact I remember us pursuing Peyton manning so Im sure we had the money

Really we had money, we gave the same money he signed for in Indy to perennial cb scrub richard Marshall. Our cap was not really that dire this year in fact I remember us pursuing Peyton manning so Im sure we had the money

The team would have needed to cut players and do major restructuring to get Manning.

I'm not saying I agree with the way this team has handled free agency, because I don't think this team's record in free agency is even remotely defensible over the past friggin' decade, but at the same time I would be a hypocrite if I did not give the team credit for trying to get the house in order and clear all the dead cap room and not create more problems to bring in an older wide receiver who would be getting his last contract. Going after Vincent Jackson would have made more sense but I think we've already established ad nauseum that this team likes making dumb decisions and hates making good ones.

Reggie Wayne was not offered because he doesn't fit Ireland's metrics. Jeff doesn't care whether or not he is a playmaker.

Regardless of how much money we had available, Legedu Naanee was an awful signing. He sucked prior to signing here and I'm not sure why we decided to sign a guy who sucked.

The team would have needed to cut players and do major restructuring to get Manning.

I'm not saying I agree with the way this team has handled free agency, because I don't think this team's record in free agency is even remotely defensible over the past friggin' decade, but at the same time I would be a hypocrite if I did not give the team credit for trying to get the house in order and clear all the dead cap room and not create more problems to bring in an older wide receiver who would be getting his last contract. Going after Vincent Jackson would have made more sense but I think we've already established ad nauseum that this team likes making dumb decisions and hates making good ones.

Wayne signed a 3 year contract for $17 million. A halfway decent GM can make that work with no problem. Get the veteran leadership in Wayne and draft another young WR to play opposite him and you have a great set up for a rookie QB. The colts handled this offseason extremely well.

Regardless of how much money we had available, Legedu Naanee was an awful signing. He sucked prior to signing here and I'm not sure why we decided to sign a guy who sucked.
Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.

i dont give them credit for that since they threw way too much money at a never was at corner in richard Marshall and were actively pursuing m,anning which we couldnt afford. I think its just dumb luck because many would not sign here

Been one of my biggest issues with him. Every single year, EVERY YEAR, he makes one completely boneheaded signing that makes you think he went on a massive coke bender the night before, slept in the office, woke up still high as **** and started making calls to anybody that would answer at 4 AM on a weekday; which is apparently **** players like Naanee, Colombo, Barbie Carpenter, etc.

I wish it was one.
This year Richard MArshall to Reggie Wayne money
Nannee at all
Artis Hicks to anything over minumum
Chad johnson
Tyrill johnson

Back
Top Bottom