Ireland retained | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland retained

Yea don't blame you, it would be insane to re-sign one of the best players at his position. :rolleyes2:

I understand if someone does not want to re-sign Long for a rediculous amount, but to not want him re-signed? Some of the things written here is just brutal.

a COUPLE OF years ago he was but he is not among the best LT in the league right now, hasnt been the same the past two years

Nothing to do with the gm, just a lifelong dolphin fan that will root for the dolphins until i am dead. I am over the front office bs, I like what i see on the field for our future qb and I see next year being better than this year. If you don't see it sucks for you.

You're right, next year willbe better because Tannehill will have a year of experience under his belt, an offseason to work on stuff like his footwork, tweak his accuracy, and study up more. And there's no way our receiving corps can be WORSE. And maybe the offensive line will be improved. And maybe we'll draft another pass rusher and shore up the defensive backfield. With the amount of money and draft picks at the team's disposal, there really is no way this thing can get worse.

But the thing is, based on Jeff Ireland's track record, a lot of us believe that things can get a lot better a lot faster than they are likely to under a guy with a free agency track record that... well, just look at it.

we drafted ted ginn jr less than 10 years ago and we traded for marshall. Hard to say its been completly ignored for a decade. That's because we started With a horrible roster. If you need every position you have to ignor some of them, because you only have so many resources.

Half is 5 first of all Ginn is a joke and a reach. The Marshall trade proves everyone's point that Ireland thinks one player fills the void. Which is exactly why you saw Marshall constantly double and triple covered.

Hmm seems to be working for Indy and they were in pretty bad shape.
I expected to gm to not ignore apparent needs esp when am local player like Wayne became available.

What's local about reggie besides the fact that he played down here in college for about 4 years while going to school over 10 years ago? Was Ireland supposed to be living down here 10 years ago and follow the canes? Not defending Ireland but i think you're being a tad unreasonable with that logic. However, i do agree that ireland messed up not bringing wayne down here.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Nope , i have had many good years as a dolfan, that is why love them, I am not the one whining all the time like you. You are a pro.

Calling it how it is is not whining it is being real. Just not what you want to hear so yeah it's whining :rolleyes2:

What's local about reggie besides the fact that he played down here in college for about 4 years while going to school over 10 years ago? Was Ireland supposed to be living down here 10 years ago and follow the canes? Not defending Ireland but i think you're being a tad unreasonable with that logic. However, i do agree that ireland messed up not bringing wayne down here.

He was local as u say in going to college here. He is among the best pro receivers ever out of u of miami, and had no real reason to stay in Indy if a solid offer was given.
Once manning left and Denver didnt sign him we should have had the advantage

But the thing is, based on Jeff Ireland's track record, a lot of us believe that things can get a lot better a lot faster than they are likely to under a guy with a free agency track record that... well, just look at it.

I am not arguing. It is what is. Most dolfans heads are about to explode because of ireland, but we can't change that. All we can do is root for our team and that is what i do, others root against us but hey , to each his own.

He was local as u say in going to college here. He is among the best pro receivers ever out of u of miami, and had no real reason to stay in Indy if a solid offer was given.
Once manning left and Denver didnt sign him we should have had the advantage

No, he has lived in indiana for about 10 years now. Like i tried to imply, just because he played here before he made his life up there for a bit should not give us any advantage with signing him, specially since he isn't from around here to begin with.

Calling it how it is is not whining it is being real. Just not what you want to hear so yeah it's whining :rolleyes2:

Will you be a dolphin fan if ireland is the gm next year? At what point do you quit being a dolphin fan? what is your breaking point?

I am not arguing. It is what is. Most dolfans heads are about to explode because of ireland, but we can't change that. All we can do is root for our team and that is what i do, others root against us but hey , to each his own.

I agree, I will continue to support the team regardless of who is in the front office, but voicing our displeasure isn't a bad thing. I promise you that the Dolphins have at least one person, even if it's an intern, doing market research and reading this board right now. When there are picketers outside the team facility, people tell the GM to fire himself to his face, and a plane is flying overhead with a "Fire Ireland" banner, the message is getting across.

Unfortunately, I think we are stuck with him, so all I can do is hope that he gets better. Before the season I felt that the decision to jettison Marshall and then the complete lack of effort to replace him was an indicator that Ireland had assurances regarding his job security. I don't see any reason to reassess that evaluation.

Will you be a dolphin fan if ireland is the gm next year? At what point do you quit being a dolphin fan? what is your breaking point?

i will not speak for him but i will always be a dolphin fan. Ireland and Ross are not the dolphins, they are just the clowns running them. Both of these will come to pass

So because we dare to say Ireland is a bad gm and is a major reason we are rebuilding again we should quit being a fan? Give me a break being a fan doesn't mean being blind sheep. Ireland is trash and if he blows these high draft picks and large chunk of cap space this team is sunk for a long time. We have become the Cleveland Browns because of a terrible FO

All I know is that if you put last years' week 17 Dolphins on the field against the current squad, I'd be putting my money on Matt Moore, Brandon Marshall and company...

No, he has lived in indiana for about 10 years now. Like i tried to imply, just because he played here before he made his life up there for a bit should not give us any advantage with signing him, specially since he isn't from around here to begin with.

Wayne lives the offseason in Miami and he spoke glowingly about possibly signing with Miami.
His exact words

My phone is working. It’s definitely working. I got all my bars. Whenever that phone rings, trust me, I’ll answer,” Wayne said about his desire to sign with the Dolphins.
Wayne, a former Hurricanes standout who is a South Florida resident in the offseason, is optimistic he can do the same thing if the Dolphins make an offer,

Back
Top Bottom