Ireland retained | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland retained

Esp when u take another rb high. We just drafted Thomas last year

But he was great value... We got a potential 2nd rounder in the 4th round... Blah...

(although I do like Miller... IMO he has far more potential than DT)

He shoudl have drafted a damn wr or signed one or traded for one. You create a huge hole and your solutions are a sixth round pick, a seventh round pick , chad johnon(washed up) and Nannee never was.
Ty Hilton, Mohammed Sanu, Chris givens, would all be better than our third receiver
. None of those receivers would have us with a legitimate playoff position. We need a legit #1 not another #3.

Reggie Wayne is pretty blatent, when manning left he was primed to leave but we decided to spend millions on prerennial toast Richard Marshall instead
I've read a few times that he was "too expensive" (from people that have zero problem with resigning Long), and it just shows that they're falling back on talking points to defend the guy no matter what. $17.5 million for 3 years. Think the dolts are regretting that one? :lol: Look, I'll give him credit where it's due, such as finally, finally, ****ing finally drafting QB that has a legitimate shot at becoming a franchise QB, but he totally **** the bed when it comes to giving Tannehill some weapons, despite most certainly having plenty of opportunities to.

F*#^!!!!!!! YOU GUYS WERE RIGHT... We could have drafted Stephen Hill or Alshon Jeffrey instead of Martin in the 2nd round... We would be super bowl bound right now!!!

Oh, you're right....Martin has done us SO MUCH GOOD!

. None of those receivers would have us with a legitimate playoff position. We need a legit #1 not another #3.

Ok, so its a 1st round WR or nothing in your mind right? Laughable... (Out of the non 1st rd wr's) TY Hilton will definitely be a LEGIT #1. Many of the others, as of right now, are or will be good number 2's.

TY Hilton over Michael Egnew.

Jeff ireland's definition of "swinging for the fences" at WR is Anthony Armstrong

Where is the depth on this team? Good teams have good depth . . . outside of Defensive tackle, depth does not exist on this team. Please, a win against the first pick overall selecting Jaguars means incredibly little in the grand scheme of things . . . this team has plenty of holes, and a big reason for that is the poor FA choices / draft choices by Jeff ireland.

Saying he has done a good job is like Ross saying he see's improvement. I rather you say lets give him another season . . . just because . . . . over telling me he's doing a good job.
you can't convince me you would have made the right call there. You only prove that hindsight is 20/20. I'm not saying the guy is perfect but he's done fairly well in the draft.

:bobdole: Every one of them has more TDs than our top 3 WRs combined. Well, except Givens, who is tied. So, we're holding out for the next Calvin Johnson and can't bring in WRs that are improvements over what we have? Makes zero sense, unless you're the Phins of course. Then it's status quo.

U do realize that another number 3 is better than having a bunch of practice squaders impersonating 3rd receivers

Joe Philbin, Mike Sherman, Kevin Coyle and Ryan Tannehill saved Ireland's bacon.

Why?

Philbin has steered a steady ship all year.

Sherman, with his offensive design, has masked to the best of his ability the lack of playmakers.

Coyle has been excellent this year. Coyle has nice front 7 thanks to Ireland (giving credit where it is due), but Ireland's decisions concerning the secondary have sucked over the years.

Tannehill...this draft pick probably saved Jeff the most. That Ireland "found a QB" probably allows him to continue his work. By the way, I give Mike Sherman tons of credit for getting the Fins to draft RT.
Your opinion is a favorite among the fireland group. I find it humorous that you fans conveniently make the argument that every bad decision ever made is his responsibility because he is the GM and he signed off on them since he has been here but every good decision made this year you feel the need this to credit this years coach and his staff. Now let me get this straight you really believe the guy that hired you and trained you in this case "Parcells" would have less influence and input into your "Ireland's " decision making than some some new boss you were in on hiring in this case our rookie head coach Philbin that Ireland was part of the process of hiring off the street this year? Really!

Pay attention I gave you H. Nicks, M. Wallace, G. Tate, D. Bryant and D. Thomas all were on the board when we picked all number 1wr

you can't convince me you would have made the right call there. You only prove that hindsight is 20/20. I'm not saying the guy is perfect but he's done fairly well in the draft.

Um, plenty of people were calling for him, among others. I can't think of anybody saying "get Egnew!" Except Ireland apparently.

Ok, so its a 1st round WR or nothing in your mind right? Laughable... (Out of the non 1st rd wr's) TY Hilton will definitely be a LEGIT #1. Many of the others, as of right now, are or will be good number 2's.
He can hit home runs but he will never be a #1.

No it's not only 1st round wrs, but the problem is the later you get the harder it is for me to believe you would have done any better. For every wide receiver that succeeds in the 3rd round 10 will fail.

Following that logic you would fire your gm every year because he would miss a great player or two.

A lot of people wanted TY Hilton on this board before the draft. Even before the season started I pointed out how ****ing ridiculous it was that Jeff Ireland asked the Colts to trade TY Hilton for Vontae Davis. Seriously, Jeff? You liked him so much you were willing to trade your starting CB for him, but you didn't like him enough to draft him in the third round when you took a project TE from Missouri who couldn't block his way out of a wet paper bag?

Um, plenty of people were calling for him, among others. I can't think of anybody saying "get Egnew!" Except Ireland apparently.

forrest Gump could tell we need some legitimate nfl receivers lol

Back
Top Bottom