Ireland retained | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland retained

Here's the way I see it if Philbin and RT failed this year then Ireland should definitely go and if they beat expectations he gets a chance to stay. Also I have to ask myself if Ireland improved this year and this years draft was an improvement. Still like every position on the team if I know for sure I can improve the GM position at the right price I do it.

PS I did not support the Philbin and RT decision early in the year and beleived that Ireland should have been fired because of those decisions which have worked out better than expected. I am not sold on Sherman yet who Philbin brought on board and believe he may be as much a part of our problems currently than anyone.

I rather Ross come out and say "I'm retaining Jeff Ireland . . . end of story" rather than feed us some bogus excuse about improvement as the reason why he is keeping him.

How can the weakest schedule since 2008 and facing the prospects of another typical Ireland 6-10 / 7-9 season be considered "improvement". Looks like more of the same. Sure he has a rookie QB . . . he is also the reason why that same rookie QB has the worst set of WR's in the NFL and a big time dilemma at CB in the offseason. Ireland doesn't seem like a guy who can find the talent to bring explosiveness to Sunlife stadium . . . which in turn will help fill the seats.

Oh well, we knew he was getting retained outside of a complete cluster**** . . . may as well stop talking about it now.

We have a 503 strength of schedule and a 428 strength of victory. How does that translate to a weak schedule? That translates to a middle of the road schedule. It should be clear to all of you that Tannehill has a higher ceiling than Moore. Almost all of our draft picks are contributing, and our coaching staff is working well with the front office. Organizationally it is better. Jones, Smith, and Odric have improved. It looks better than last year to me.

Lot of whining in this thread. We can't draft every jewel in the draft nor can we pick the gm so what do we do? We could whine and bitch like women , like most in this thread or suck up what manhood you left and just root for the dolphins. But most will cry like a bunch of puss ass women in a tampon store and not deal with reality that our gm will be the same next year and you will still be here rooting for the fins. Stop with the pms ladies.

Lot of whining in this thread. We can't draft every jewel in the draft nor can we pick the gm so what do we do? We could whine and bitch like women , like most in this thread or suck up what manhood you left and just root for the dolphins. But most will cry like a bunch of puss ass women in a tampon store and not deal with reality that our gm will be the same next year and you will still be here rooting for the fins. Stop with the pms ladies.

Your right we all should be happy looking at the playoffs without our team involved once again, i mean come on why should we expect to have a winning season more than once every 5 years

You tell us how to be fans!

Pssssssst you are the one that sounds like a scorned, bossy, bitching broad

Your right we all should be happy looking at the playoffs without our team involved once again, i mean come on why should we expect to have a winning season more than once every 5 years

Did you expect a winning season with a rookie coach and qb?

Pay attention I gave you H. Nicks, M. Wallace, G. Tate, D. Bryant and D. Thomas all were on the board when we picked all number 1wr
First of all I have 10 people ****ting on me so it's hard to keep you all straight. I have to give you credit, your the only person that I can't dissagree with. The only problem is i was calling out the people upset we didn't address wr in this last offseason.

Ty Hilton is not going to take us to a super bowl. Martin was a good pick especially since he'll be our starting lt next season. IT'S NOT LIKE WE DRAFTED A HORRIBLE PLAYER!

All I'm saying is its not like we drafted Jonathan Martin over Calvin Johnson. That said, if we don't address it again I will be right there with you burning a torch in Davie. I don't feel this last year was flush with top wr talent.

Did you expect a winning season with a rookie coach and qb?

Hmm seems to be working for Indy and they were in pretty bad shape.
I expected to gm to not ignore apparent needs esp when am local player like Wayne became available.

Stop blowing the GM.
Nothing to do with the gm, just a lifelong dolphin fan that will root for the dolphins until i am dead. I am over the front office bs, I like what i see on the field for our future qb and I see next year being better than this year. If you don't see it sucks for you.

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Hmm seems to be working for Indy and they were in pretty bad shape.
I expected to gm to not ignore apparent needs esp when am local player like Wayne became available.

cool story

If he resigns Jake Long I'm going to blow a gasket. That's the one thing I truly fear with him here.

Yea don't blame you, it would be insane to re-sign one of the best players at his position. :rolleyes2:

I understand if someone does not want to re-sign Long for a rediculous amount, but to not want him re-signed? Some of the things written here is just brutal.

The position has been ignored for half a decade
we drafted ted ginn jr less than 10 years ago and we traded for marshall. Hard to say its been completly ignored for a decade. That's because we started With a horrible roster. If you need every position you have to ignore some of them, because you only have so many resources.

Back
Top Bottom