Ireland Upset Nevada QB Kaepernick has Standout Week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland Upset Nevada QB Kaepernick has Standout Week

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
@KohneysKorner Marc Kohn

**DEVELOPING #DOLPHINS NEWS** Ireland's upset that Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick had such a standout week at Senior Bowl

@KohneysKorner Marc Kohn

#Dolphins have had their eye on Kaepernick for quite sometime and now will have to spend a much higher draft choice to obtain the Nevada QB

@KohneysKorner Marc Kohn

Kaepernick has pushed his draft stock into the 2nd Rd with his strong week and the #Dolphins do not have a 2nd Rd pick

Which even further makes us believe Ireland will trade #15 to regain a 2nd round pick

So it sounds like our FO is really sold on this guy. I understand his scrambling and running ability, but I personally haven't seen much as far as passing. Does someone have a link to a video or 2 of his passing ability? I'm guessing he has it if he jumped up to the second round..

Yes they would be letting everyone know before the draft that they really want this guy, makes a tonne of sense!

I don't know much about the guy to have an opinion on him. I want to see him throw the ball. Only videos I found is him running. At least he's built stronger than Pat White.

Jim Miller was GUSHING about this kid on Moving the Chains (Sirius). Said he may end up the best out of all of the QBs coming out. I know what you're thinking "what does Jim Miller know as a lifetime backup/journeyman", but Miller is a heck of a talent evaluator and I would not be suprised to see him in some coaching position in the next few years. All this means is that Miami may look to fill the speed at the skill positions by FA as opposed to the draft and take the BPA with the lower #1 or go ahead and take Kaepernick with the pick.

So it sounds like our FO is really sold on this guy. I understand his scrambling and running ability, but I personally haven't seen much as far as passing. Does someone have a link to a video or 2 of his passing ability? I'm guessing he has it if he jumped up to the second round..

This early in the offseason, I wouldn't bet the farm on him being our guy. There is no reason to come out and proclaim that someone is your guy this early. It gives every other team time to look into why you like him so much, and to determine how to get him before you. I'd say it's more likely he is a person of interest, but not the main target. Ireland has already stated he wants to get back into the second round, and now is proclaiming that a second round QB is 'their guy'. I'd say its a safe bet that we're hearing some misdirection. I'd say chances are the real guy they're after is one of the round 1 QBs...

he has good poise the only video i have seen of him is always in the shotgun, the kid has a very good deep ball and has nice accuracy, could be a steal in the 2nd unlike white, just go to you tube. then again could be smoke and mirrors

I want to see this guy survice a good hit from an NFL linebacker. If this is the QB I am thinking of he is as skinny as a bean pole.

lol you know what... if you think this is "the" guy then a first isn't too much.

Anybody else think Miami will reach and pick this guys at 15? For years we fans have been clamoring for them to take a qb in round 1. Imo I could see them reaching for this kid.

Eh, looking at that video, he will be there in the third round for sure. Last season we had a bunch of "late first round" prospects that went 2nd or 3rd round. I don't think it's necessary to move down the draft for him, he will be there in the third. But this FO has shown they do NOT like to lose players that they want, they will reach for the player to make sure they don't fall on other teams in later rounds.

OK, lets try this approach.

Other than playing in the WAC and running the Pistol offense, name an aspect of being an NFL QB that Kaepernick doesn' excell at? That's right you can't.

And don't say accuracy, because I have been watching this kid for three years and his targets have sucked bigtime. Dropped balls and bad routes, he has never had anything close
to quality receivers. This year, maybe TE Virgil Green should be mentioned. The guys who had some numbers the past few years owe it all to Kaepernick and the running game.

He had very, very little help becoming the only QB in the history of the NCAA to throw for 9000 yards and rush for 4000.

Back
Top Bottom