Ireland Upset Nevada QB Kaepernick has Standout Week | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland Upset Nevada QB Kaepernick has Standout Week

After watching Colin Kaepernick in Mobile, FOX Sports' Adam Caplan believes the Nevada quarterback has a chance to be drafted in the first round.

According to Caplan, Kaepernick was "clearly the best quarterback out of the six (on both Senior Bowl squads) and it's not even close." Kaepernick is picking up steam as a mid to late first-rounder in a rise similar to Jay Cutler's in 2006 and perhaps Josh Freeman's in 2009. Said NFL Network's Mike Mayock after seeing Kaepernick throw, "It's like watching Nolan Ryan."

Source: FOX Sports

Seems like he has all the intangibles you want in a QB, just needs to bulk up. But the fact he played exclusively out of the shotgun in college is a little worrisome.

Funny there is an article on profootballtalk.com about him making a Cutler like leap into the 1st round.

Eh, looking at that video, he will be there in the third round for sure. Last season we had a bunch of "late first round" prospects that went 2nd or 3rd round. I don't think it's necessary to move down the draft for him, he will be there in the third. But this FO has shown they do NOT like to lose players that they want, they will reach for the player to make sure they don't fall on other teams in later rounds.

QBs that perform well at the combine and bowls don't generally fall in the draft.

he has good poise the only video i have seen of him is always in the shotgun, the kid has a very good deep ball and has nice accuracy, could be a steal in the 2nd unlike white, just go to you tube. then again could be smoke and mirrors

I'm thinking its misdirection. Ireland is a Parcells protege after all. Simply put (IMO), they are trying to up Kaepernick's value so another team will grab him and then have someone like Dalton be available. Either way, I would not mind if the phins took Kaepernick or Dalton.

The formation you've seen Kaepernick in is the Pistol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_offense#History

If you are paying close attention to the school were its was created and where Kaepernick plays college ball; there is a hogh degree of correlation.

LOL at the Pat White comparisons. I'm not a huge Kaepernick fan, but the Pat White comparisons are ridiculous.

he is trying to inflate his value up or he is really that stupid to gush about a player so soon

For those of you who follow CK he is not fond of this kid so far. Ck basically has his own scouting service.

Great story about this guy.

Kaepernick was born to a single mother (his biological mother was white and biological father was an African American).[1] [2] When he was five weeks old, he was adopted by Rick and Teresa Kaepernick, a couple from New London, Wisconsin who had two healthy children before losing two others shortly after birth due to heart defects.[1] Colin has two siblings; an older brother, Kyle (wife, Lindsay); and a sister, Devon. Colin lived in Fond du Lac WI until age 4, before moving to Turlock California. He considers Turlock his home town, and attended elementary, junior, and John H. Pitman High School there. He currently spends most of his time in Reno, Nevada attending school and playing football for the University of Nevada Wolf Pack. He is a member of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity.

Kaepernick, who graduated in Dec. 2010 with a bachelors degree in Business Management , has a relatively unassuming personality off the field, as evidenced by an incident that took place during the summer of 2010 interning at a University of Nevada-themed sports apparel shop in Reno. One woman came in and, completely unaware she was speaking to Kaepernick, asked him to find his jersey. A manager at the store would later recall, "Colin said, ‘I’m pretty sure it’s No. 10, and it’s right over here.’ He rang up her purchase and everything."[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Kaepernick

Almost seems like Cam Newton, but with a good attitude.

I'm amazed how all of you listen to all this stuff and take it seriously. Ever heard of a GM giving out false information?

No one will know what is going to happen until it happens, not even Ireland knows.

Not every scrambling quarterback is like Pat White. I mean this dude is like, legit, a foot taller than him.

I'm amazed how all of you listen to all this stuff and take it seriously. Ever heard of a GM giving out false information?

No one will know what is going to happen until it happens, not even Ireland knows.

Right! How dare us speculate!!!!!

Not every scrambling quarterback is like Pat White. I mean this dude is like, legit, a foot taller than him.

This guy is 6'6. Pat White could probably fit in his pocket.

Don't take this too seriously, this is a quote from Jeff Ireland TODAY on the Joe Rose show on WQAM:

"I would not do that. I would not put a priority on any single one position. You know, Joe. I'm very guarded regarding giving my competition anything that they could be listening to. Your audience, all three of them, could be listening. So.... That's a tease, Joe."

He also said our first round selection in 08 would be a cornerstone to our Defense (despite the obvious fact we drafted an offensive player).
Look at last year, I don't think anyone saw Jared Odrick as the player we would get in the first round, thats for sure. A lot of the other players as well.
Lastly, I doubt we reach for any player again given the repercussions Jeff Ireland surely felt after seeing how quickly Pat White and Patrick Turner got cut, and seeing how Henne is on his way out.

But hey, who knows, maybe Jeff Ireland is using his reputation of deception, as a smokescreen itself, and really does plan on drafting this guy.

Ireland may be upset about Kaepernick's good week, but I guarantee you Colin has to be downright giddy over the week he's had. He has made himself a lot of money this week, and good for him.

Back
Top Bottom