Ireland Upset Nevada QB Kaepernick has Standout Week | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland Upset Nevada QB Kaepernick has Standout Week

Bat**** crazy eh, then you won't mind me calling your zero substance response chicken ****.

If you disagree with a point or theme of a post, why don't you make a substantial counter point or idea, like grownups do, instead of your cowardly jabs.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and last time I checked, you were the one saying that Colin Kaepernick was going to turn out to have a better career than a guy who threw for 50,000 yards, 300 touchdowns and won two Super Bowls in his career in John Elway.

There's liking a guy, and there's being a space cadet.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and last time I checked, you were the one saying that Colin Kaepernick was going to turn out to have a better career than a guy who threw for 50,000 yards, 300 touchdowns and won two Super Bowls in his career in John Elway.

There's liking a guy, and there's being a space cadet.

I'll say it again, Kaepernick will be a better NFL QB than Elway was; and by the way, Elway's stats and career QB rating are actually really weak for a HOF QB. All it would take any QB to surpass him statistically would be an above average, long career.

Elway's career passing rating was in the 70's.

I'll say it again, Kaepernick will be a better NFL QB than Elway was;.

There is no need to knock Elway. Optimism about Kaepernick is OK, but no need to go overboard. Curb your enthusiasm.

There is no need to knock Elway. Optimism about Kaepernick is OK, but no need to go overboard. Curb your enthusiasm.

It's not enthusiam. It's a prediction.

As far as Elway goes, I lived in Denver in the eighties. I have a right to knock him. The vast majority of his career was mediocre to bad. Elway is the most overrated, overhyped player in the history of the NFL.

Just go down the board and pick BPA and see how long it takes to get to Kaepernick. He will need two years to learn to read NFL defenses and fix his mechanics, if he can do both. If he can, and who has the time and luxury to take the chance, then maybe he does become a quarterback. The big size and arm don’t mean as much as football smarts and talent. Nice Senior bowl practices, went 4-9 for 53 yards and an (it was tipped) interception. He’s a fourth round pick.

Just go down the board and pick BPA and see how long it takes to get to Kaepernick. He will need two years to learn to read NFL defenses and fix his mechanics, if he can do both. If he can, and who has the time and luxury to take the chance, then maybe he does become a quarterback. The big size and arm don’t mean as much as football smarts and talent. Nice Senior bowl practices, went 4-9 for 53 yards and an (it was tipped) interception. He’s a fourth round pick.

Kaepernick may just be smarter than Pennington.
http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/20...ellen-moore-and-nevadas-colin-kaepernick-two/

It's not enthusiam. It's a prediction.

As far as Elway goes, I lived in Denver in the eighties. I have a right to knock him. The vast majority of his career was mediocre to bad. Elway is the most overrated, overhyped player in the history of the NFL.
Wow. Hard to take anything seriously from you when you make ludicrous statements like that. Kaepernick can only wish he has a career like Elway's. Infact I don't understand the hoopla around him. Lets see how he handles hits from NFL caliber defensive linemen and linebackers. WAC is one of the weakest defensive conferences in the CFB.

This Kaepernick hype is out of control!

Maybe he's a poor man's Randall Cunningham but maybe he's just a tall Pat White. Who knows - but he doesn't go from a 4th-5th rounder to a top 15 with one decent Senior Bowl game.

I'd be more comfortable taking Christian Ponder than Kaepernick. At least Ponder had a 1st round grade coming into the season (before the injuries) and he showed yesterday that he can step up tall into the pocket and distribute the ball well. He also proved he knows how to get the ball to, and take advantage of a hot WR. I could just imagine Brandon Marshall doing what Leonard Hankerson was doing yesterday with Ponder.

Montana, Marino, Elway, Rothlisbeger, Rodgers, Manning, Brady...do you REALLY think Kaepernick develops to be one of these??? Ok...I'll bring it down a bit...Rivers, Brees, Romo, Freeman...Still don't see it. I watched the hightlight video of Kaepernick...3 quarters of the highlight tape was him RUNNING the football...not throwing it. That is a red flag to me. Running QB's simply doesn't tranlate well into the NFL. Case in point Michael Vick..he did not become a hot comodity UNTIL he learned to stay in the pocket and make NFL throws. Secondly, I really don't think Ireland is dumb enough to announce anything about any prospect at this point...it is still January...I think that would be stupid. Lastly, for all you guys who have totally fell off your rocker and some how thinks Miami takes Kaepernick in the 1st round...you don't draft projects in rounds 1 and 2..period...unless your Josh McDaniels who took Tebow in the 1st round last year...and it cost him his job...along with spying like father Belicheat.

Back
Top Bottom