Ireland Upset Nevada QB Kaepernick has Standout Week | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland Upset Nevada QB Kaepernick has Standout Week

I'm not going to lie, I'm intrigued by Colin Kaepernick. I thought for certain he was going to struggle in this environment much like Tebow did last year. So far, he's proven me wrong each day. Obviously, today's game and the Combine will go a long way in seeing just how far he rises up the draft boards. I can see why this team would be interested in him. He's big, fast, can chuck the ball like nobody's business, and seems to fit in with Ross' new mandate for a more "fast paced, wide open offense."

I'm not going to lie, I'm intrigued by Colin Kaepernick. I thought for certain he was going to struggle in this environment much like Tebow did last year. So far, he's proven me wrong each day. Obviously, today's game and the Combine will go a long way in seeing just how far he rises up the draft boards. I can see why this team would be interested in him. He's big, fast, can chuck the ball like nobody's business, and seems to fit in with Ross' new mandate for a more "fast paced, wide open offense."

being objective... refreshing...

I am in your boat. I knew nothing of the kid months ago. I saw a couple games, I saw bits and pieces of the bowl game while having a family christmas... I've seen practices and heard some guys on tv talk about him. I'm watching the game today... the more I see the more I like him... that's all.

He's been polarizing for sure, but where he ends up being taken and how well he does remains to be seen. Mayock was the only one championing Cutler over Young/Leinart and had both Rodgers and Ryan top rated QBs in their respective drafts. Since the Ryan draft was a no brainer but there was a split consensus between Rodgers and Alex Smith, I'd say his opinion is not to be taken too lightly.

lockers accuracy this week and all season pretty much has been way off...he'll make a really good throw and leave you saying wow on a deep in route or post but then he'll throw 5 balls that you're like wtf was that...he's frustrating is what he is...this week has just confirmed for me that...when a guys already got a good release etc and the balls still way off i don't know how an nfl staff is gonna fix that...much more effective player to my eyes on the move...in the pocket i just don't trust him to be consistent...pass

now watch him end up an nfl all pro...lol...

i've watched kaepernick all week...he's definitely been the most impressive qb at the senior bowl and he's seemed to make good decisions with the ball even in the tight red zone unlike his north teammates locker and stanzi who are throwing picks like they're going out of style...

he's got a real live arm and is very mobile and has shown good accuracy this week and i think has a lot of upside even with that mega long delivery...but a 2nd round pick??? no thanks

i do have him right now though in my top 5 qbs available...ponder and him are pretty close for me...stanzi devlin locker dalton mcelroy no thanks with any top 4 round pick

The problem with highlight videos is that's what they are, videos of a player's highlights.

Close to 100% of his highlight film was of him running the ball (which he will not do much of in the NFL) or of throwing short passes off of run fakes in a spread offense with zero reads.

i've watched kaepernick all week...he's definitely been the most impressive qb at the senior bowl and he's seemed to make good decisions with the ball even in the tight red zone unlike his north teammates locker and stanzi who are throwing picks like they're going out of style...

he's got a real live arm and is very mobile and has shown good accuracy this week and i think has a lot of upside...but a 2nd round pick??? no thanks

i do have him right now though in my top 5 qbs available...ponder and him are pretty close for me...stanzi devlin locker dalton mcelroy no thanks with any top 4 round pick

so he's the most impressive qb at the senior bowl, and he's not worth a second rounder?? where does that put all the other guys.

I realize that there's more to it than the senior bowl, but I also realize that kaepernick is every bit worth a second round pick.

so he's the most impressive qb at the senior bowl, and he's not worth a second rounder?? where does that put all the other guys.

I realize that there's more to it than the senior bowl, but I also realize that kaepernick is every bit worth a second round pick.

it puts the other qbs as not guys i'd feel comfortable taking as franchise signal callers...i don't see a one...just cause he's the best there there's 3 other guys not there who i'm pretty sure would run circles around most those guys who are in that very same environment...

To those who say Kaepernick is a runner, I'd like to emphasize Kaepernick threw the ball "360" times this season. That's more than Ponder, more than Locker, more than Stanzi, more than Newton, and about the same as Luck. He completed 65% of passes for 8.5 yard average.

To those who are skeptical of highlight vids, which by the way there is one on Keapernick, go watch Nevada v. Cal on ESPN3, or any other Nevada game available there. It's readily available.

Bro, I know you love this kid but you can't just shake off playing in the WAC. He faced one good defense this season and that was Boise St (WAC opponent) who was ranked near the top in scoring defense. The next best defense was Nevada at more then 20 points per game and the remainder were in the bottom half of the nation. Two of them were in the bottom 10 including New Mex St in the bottom 3.

He doesn't play under center and has never faced power defenses from the SEC, Big 12 and Big 10. He's a good QB but not destined to be anything more then a good mid rounder that may/may not make it. If you want this type of QB, Cam Newton is a better prospect but I am not sold that he'll make it in the NFL.

Cam Newton????? a better prospect?? Why????????

That 's just it, isn't it?? He isn't a better prospect. He just has more hype because he played in the SEC and the championship game.

For all we know, Newton is a one year wonder and could completely bust.

Kaepernick holds several NCAA records and has a legitimate 4 year body of work.
Kaepernick is smarter than Newton.
Kaepernick is a far greater leader than Newton.
Kaepernick is quicker in mind and body and is better at improvisation and throwing on the run.
Kaepernick's character,work ethic, winning spirit, and love of the game are as remarkable as in any football player, period.
Kaepernick will be a better NFL QB than John Elway was. Believe it!

Cam Newton????? a better prospect?? Why????????

That 's just it, isn't it?? He isn't a better prospect. He just has more hype because he played in the SEC and the championship game.

For all we know, Newton is a one year wonder and could completely bust.

Kaepernick holds several NCAA records and has a legitimate 4 year body of work.
Kaepernick is smarter than Newton.
Kaepernick is a far greater leader than Newton.
Kaepernick is quicker in mind and body and is better at improvisation and throwing on the run.
Kaepernick's character,work ethic, winning spirit, and love of the game are as remarkable as in any football player, period.
Kaepernick will be a better NFL QB than John Elway was. Believe it!

I'm glad you keep saying this. It's like a disclaimer letting everyone know that your take on the guy is completely bat**** crazy.

Okay, here's my thing regarding the whole race thing - I am not saying they shouldn't be QBs because of the color of their skin; whether one should be in a leadership position should be based on ability, and said ability is based on the color of one's skin. So it's not skin color, per se, but ability that is the determining factor. I am not just saying this out of the blue - there are biological and genetics differences, and thus, quarterbacks like Henne, Marino, Fieldler and such are more intellectually-equipped to lead the team and deal with the stress of being a quarterback.

Others can contribute, but often at other positions, because they can provide brute force at the line or run and catch the ball. I am not saying one group of people is less than the other. I am just saying put people where they are more likely to succeed, based on ability. And in this case, I think the quarterback position is one reserved for someone with the mental capacity to lead and can quickly learn.

Wow. Consider this post reported as objectionable.

What a twit.

:banhim:

im starting to think we may trade down and take a chance on Kaepernick in the first.

Okay, here's my thing regarding the whole race thing - I am not saying they shouldn't be QBs because of the color of their skin; whether one should be in a leadership position should be based on ability, and said ability is based on the color of one's skin. So it's not skin color, per se, but ability that is the determining factor. I am not just saying this out of the blue - there are biological and genetics differences, and thus, quarterbacks like Henne, Marino, Fieldler and such are more intellectually-equipped to lead the team and deal with the stress of being a quarterback.

Others can contribute, but often at other positions, because they can provide brute force at the line or run and catch the ball. I am not saying one group of people is less than the other. I am just saying put people where they are more likely to succeed, based on ability. And in this case, I think the quarterback position is one reserved for someone with the mental capacity to lead and can quickly learn.

Don't you have a cross burning to go to?

Back
Top Bottom