Ireland Upset Nevada QB Kaepernick has Standout Week | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland Upset Nevada QB Kaepernick has Standout Week

Being short is not what made Pat White a bad player. And being 6'4 doesn't make Kaepernick a good player. That seems relatively straightforward but a "taller Pat White" is just a taller player who sucks.

I've seen Kaepernick in pieces of games and watched the entire bowl game against Boston College and have not at any time been impressed with him. CK put it best when he said that watching him, it was hard to shake the feeling that you just weren't watching an NFL quarterback. That's how I felt exactly. He looks and moves like a big wide receiver and has a funky release, plays in the pistol offense and his accuracy can at times be scattershot. Those saying he played with bad talent simply don't know what they're talking about, either. For the MAC conference, Nevada was a very talented team.

Now, I've got to go back and watch more before I come to any hard conclusions. Fortunately, there's plenty of stuff available out there.

I watched a couple of Nevada games and he isn't bad but I don't know if they should grab him in the 2nd rd.

smoke screen, there going after Cam.................

Mike Mayock, who knows a thing or two about QBs, is not retreating from anointing Locker the 2nd best available QB. If he doesn't stumble in all the pre draft related showcases, I'm predicting we take him @15 to appease Ross's insistence that the team creates some buzz and excitement that will put more butts in those conspicuously empty orange seats. It will be a business decision. This Kaepernick lovefest is a smokescreen to lull any teams selecting behind us from premptively trading up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake Locker won't create ANY buzz. Most everyone is calling him a bust already.

Jake Locker won't create ANY buzz. Most everyone is calling him a bust already.

He's been polarizing for sure, but where he ends up being taken and how well he does remains to be seen. Mayock was the only one championing Cutler over Young/Leinart and had both Rodgers and Ryan top rated QBs in their respective drafts. Since the Ryan draft was a no brainer but there was a split consensus between Rodgers and Alex Smith, I'd say his opinion is not to be taken too lightly.

"...and in the 2nd Round of the NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select... another QB!"

The problem with highlight videos is that's what they are, videos of a player's highlights.

Close to 100% of his highlight film was of him running the ball (which he will not do much of in the NFL) or of throwing short passes off of run fakes in a spread offense with zero reads.

However I have also heard of him looking good at the Senior Bowl.

What this video really showed me is another reason we really need to target T.Young from Boise State in this draft.

This feels like a Bait and Switch to me.
Why tell the world you like the guy? To create interest in him so someone else falls for him and picks him, which may leave someone else available to Miami.

This regime is too secretive to spill the beans this early in the process IMO.

He's been polarizing for sure, but where he ends up being taken and how well he does remains to be seen. Mayock was the only one championing Cutler over Young/Leinart and had both Rodgers and Ryan top rated QBs in their respective drafts. Since the Ryan draft was a no brainer but there was a split consensus between Rodgers and Alex Smith, I'd say his opinion is not to be taken too lightly.

I agree with this. Locker is very enticing, and Mayock's opinion is not to be taken lightly. However, Mayock had said that he will reevaluate Locker's rating because he needs to be convinced that Locker can play under center.

I doubt the that Ireland is creating buzz about Keapernick to make his #15 more desirable. It makes no sense; it would make sense if they were talking up Ingram or Mallett or Newton--someone who really has a chance of being drafted at 15.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

If we trade back into the latter half of the first round to take this guy I will punch a baby straight in the face...

Back
Top Bottom