Ireland's approval rating | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland's approval rating

Do you like Ireland and his direction?

• yes

Votes: 81 24.2%
  • no

Votes: 254 75.8%

• Total voters
Based on what VD has done in Indy this year are you correct sir. Based on his tenure on the field with the Phins in the past when he was healthy he had been a play maker for us. The kid had maturity issues is a known fact. His first couple of years were his most productive which means the talent is there its finds the right coaches that can milk it out of the kid. At this point though (even though is was a 1st round draft pick we traded away) you have to give kudoes to the phins mgt for seeing the kid was headed south and got out in front of the situation and got something in return before the rest of the league caught on.

His work during the offseason program, when he was getting beaten out by Richard Marshall, tells us his play was heading even farther south. Yes his first could years in the league he was very good, on the verge of elite, however each year he was always good for giving up at least one huge 50+ yard completion usually every game. He had all the potential in the world and when I think Vontae I quickly think of another huge potential guy in Chris Chambers. These guys have the talent but for whatever reason it doesnt translate. In Vontae's case it was his inconsistency and immaturity. In Chambers case it was his inconsistency. We robbed Indy for that second rounder and unfortunately it will not be a high second (I am sure Ireland and all thought it would at least be in a the top of the second round. Now it'll be in the lower 10.

You have to give Ireland the benefit of the doubt when you look at the coaching staff of last year and, with the exception of Mike Nolan, how they've been a total failure at their next place of employment.

I think Ireland and Philbin will work together, give eachother the feedback they need, and be able to build a sound team.

You have to give Ireland the benefit of the doubt when you look at the coaching staff of last year and, with the exception of Mike Nolan, how they've been a total failure at their next place of employment.

I think Ireland and Philbin will work together, give eachother the feedback they need, and be able to build a sound team.

Exactly which is why I am willing to look forward with Ireland than backwards like so many others. In fact if Ireland had screwed up this past draft and Philbin had turned out to be a dud I was in high favor of firing the guy at least by mid season. In fact I believe that to be the fact in preseason and my posts back then support that so if I was willing to see a guy fired for his decisons then I can also take off my rose colored glasses long enought to recognize he should be kept around.

Back
Top Bottom