Ireland's approval rating | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland's approval rating

Do you like Ireland and his direction?

• yes

Votes: 81 24.2%
  • no

Votes: 254 75.8%

• Total voters
I have been wondering when Ross finally fires Ireland. If the team shows it can win some games and improves

then you give him one more year,but personally he should have been fired along with Tony.

He never made any upgrades for the WRS,what was he thinking?

i'm going to keep this simple because a lot of people may not like the job hes doing but don't want him fired for various other reasons. So simply put, do you like what he's done with the team so far?

no!

He alone has kill a great team we are the most negative team that sport casters talk about it really is a shame he should retirer he has no bissness in football not even high school

He alone has kill a great team we are the most negative team that sport casters talk about it really is a shame he should retirer he has no bissness in football not even high school

Listen I understand all the Irish Hate I really do. In Fact I for one want to see some major changes made in the way we do business BUT lets not go over board. He didn't destroy a GREAT team. we haven't been GREAT in a VERY long time. They took over a 1-15 team. That's FAR from great.

Yep we where the greatest 1-15 team of all time.

Listen I understand all the Irish Hate I really do. In Fact I for one want to see some major changes made in the way we do business BUT lets not go over board. He didn't destroy a GREAT team. we haven't been GREAT in a VERY long time. They took over a 1-15 team. That's FAR from great.

I think he's talking about literally killing the Miami Dolphin franchise. At the rate we're going in 5 years the stadium will be less than half full and a lot of those fans will be rooting for the opponent. Moving the team is certainly a possibility, I hear London is looking for a team.

I think he's talking about literally killing the Miami Dolphin franchise. At the rate we're going in 5 years the stadium will be less than half full and a lot of those fans will be rooting for the opponent. Moving the team is certainly a possibility, I hear London is looking for a team.

Still don't think the its reasonable to put the killing of the fins on Irish. The death of the fins started in 1995 when Wayne forced Shula out the door. We have been searching for his replacement ever since.

15% say yes? I guess syphilis is on the rise. That number will never get any lower and it doesn't matter the dizzying heights of incompetence Ireland reaches or how low it drags our team. There's always going to be a small percentage who don't believe in rocking the boat or are company men till the end or think Zach Thomas should have been moved to safety.

1 Pro Bowler in 5 drafts and that took the number 1 overall pick. His inability to find playmakers means no one he's drafted has scored more than 3 TDs in a year. The WR we passed on in the 2nd round this year has already scored 2 in his first game with the filthy jests. We moved up to take a RB when the RB taking after him has just passed 1000 yds in 14 games at an avg of almost 6 per carry. We passed on Clay Mathews and Hakeem Nicks (2 positions of need at the time) for a CB we just ditched for a 2nd rounder because of immaturity when everyone already knew that was an issue at draft. Everything about BMarsh was a debacle. It doesn't help that two of his better draft picks aren't on the team anymore. We don't know who's responsible for what but Wake, Bess, Starks, and Bush are the only moves I think were really savvy. He's probably a valuable member on a scouting staff when he has a much smaller role. But running a whole team seems way, way over his head.

Unless Hartline has a career game it looks like that stat will hold true for another season.

We hired a guy that had zero experience at being a gm, he's proven consistently that he is completely incompetent in any capacity at being the GM of a NFL franchise yet some people still haven't seen enough after 5 years. Its true that people are more afraid of change than anything else, I think you could hire a guy off the street that knows nothing about football and as long as he's been in the position for a few years 15% of people would vote to keep him just to avoid change.

Its possible we aren't going to have a single player left on the team next season from his first 2 drafts, how sick is that? Is that what you call building through the draft?

And he's even worse at free agency, we cut our starting WR after game four. Thats really saying something on a team with the worst WR corps in the league.

I think this may be our last good opportunity to rid us of Ireland once and for all. If he's here next season he'll probably get us a player or two, I mean its pretty much impossible for anybody to not get at least one good player with the picks and the cap space we have. And on top of that Tannehill and Philbin will probably be good enough to save him next year which brings me to my biggest fear, we'll win enough in spite of Ireland to save his job but because of Ireland we'll never get over the proverbial hump.

I can almost see the future threads questioning Philbin for this or that or questioning Tannehill's ability to win big games after every "close but no cigar" season. I'm calling it now that these will just be the symptoms of the disease that is a terrible GM. If you want to win a championship you need to be firing on all cylinders from the very top all the way down to the water boy. Sorry to say but thats never happening here as long as Ireland is in place.

Unless Hartline has a career game it looks like that stat will hold true for another season.

We hired a guy that had zero experience at being a gm. He's proven consistently that he is completely incompetent in any capacity at being the GM of a NFL franchise yet some people still haven't seen enough after 5 years. Its true that people are more afraid of change than anything else, I think you could hire a guy off the street that knows nothing about football and as long as he's been in the position for a few tears 15% of people would vote to keep him just to avoid change.

Its possible we aren't going to have a single player left on the team next season from his first 2 drafts, how sick is that? Is that what you call building through the draft?

And he's even worse at free agency, we cut our starting WR after game four. Thats really saying something on a team with the worst WR corps in the league.

I think this may be our last good opportunity to rid us of Ireland once and for all. If he's here next season he'll probably get us a player or two, I mean its pretty much impossible for anybody to not get at least one good player with the picks and the cap space we have. And on top of that Tannehill and Philbin will probably be good enough to save him next year which brings me to my biggest fear, we'll win enough in spite of Ireland to save his job but because of Ireland we'll never get over the proverbial hump.

I can almost see the future threads questioning Philbin for this or that or questioning Tannehill's ability to win big games after every "close but no cigar" season. I'm calling it now that these will just be the symptoms of the disease that is a terrible GM. If you want to win a championship you need to be firing on all cylinders from the very top all the way down to the water boy. Sorry to say but thats never happening here as long as Ireland is in place.

I wonder how many fans from nfl teams are wanting a gm back that has led them to 4 straight non winning seasons

But this is really only his second year in full control. The rest is all Parcell's fault...except for Wake, Starks, and Bess of course...they were all Ireland...

I think that's the mantra...right?

But this is really only his second year in full control. The rest is all Parcell's fault...except for Wake, Starks, and Bess of course...they were all Ireland...

I think that's the mantra...right?

Yea the brilliant Ireland,

Back
Top Bottom