Is Geno better than Ryan.......... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Geno better than Ryan..........

I expect to win against NE on Sunday.

and I expect that knock at my door is Ed McMann with a big check from Publisher clearing house :idk:

I'll be holding my nose and rooting for yous guys never the less :up:

he's a rookie, he was facing a LeBeau D w/ 2 weeks to prepare w/ the Jets coming off an emotional short week. It shouldn't be shocking we lost and that he struggled. I expect to win against NE on Sunday.

See ... I really can't tell if you're serious anymore. :idk:

You're trolling, right?!?

he's a rookie, he was facing a LeBeau D w/ 2 weeks to prepare w/ the Jets coming off an emotional short week. It shouldn't be shocking we lost and that he struggled. I expect to win against NE on Sunday.

Ummmm Yeah. Good luck with that Junc lol.

I love the excuses flowing on Jets Insider and Gang Green.

"They were coming off a bye! We were coming off a short week! It was a trap game!"

Bottom line, when your team gets stomped on by an 0-4 disaster like the 2013 Steelers and your QB serves up a couple of ducks for the Steelers' first two forced turnovers of the year, maybe, just maybe, those wins against the winless Bucs, second rate Bills, and Falcons backups don't look quite so hot.

I so couldn't resist. LOL!

ItsatrapJets-1.jpg

lebeau with that much time to prepare is gonna give a rookie qb fits...so i get that...but genos just not that good also...looks good when he has a clean pocket and can eye bang his targets can throw some nice balls but situational awareness is plum awful...

i think the jets are wasting time frankly...if i was a jets fan i'd want to be in a better position come the 2014 draft to land a qb...every win makes it that much harder...

I love the excuses flowing on Jets Insider and Gang Green.

"They were coming off a bye! We were coming off a short week! It was a trap game!"

Bottom line, when your team gets stomped on by an 0-4 disaster like the 2013 Steelers and your QB serves up a couple of ducks for the Steelers' first two forced turnovers of the year, maybe, just maybe, those wins against the winless Bucs, second rate Bills, and Falcons backups don't look quite so hot.

That's a fact not an excuse, it's not why we lost but it played a role. We have a young team w/ a rookie QB coming off a huge road win on Monday Night where all of a sudden everyone was talking playoffs. Our opponent has been a top team in this league for a long time and had 2 weeks to prepare and they played by far their best game of the season.

Pitt beat us, they earned the win but my fear was everything that came true as far as the short week coming off a huge win stuff.

Now Atl was beat up but they weren't when you played them at home? Interesting, no acknowledgement of the weeden Browns either? or Indy struggling the 1st 2 weeks? I love the excuses you guys make every time the Jets win.

as far as NE, they are beat up again, Gronk isn't expected back, Amendola is out again and we played them tough in NE. Geno has been good after bad games, I expect to win this game. We've been blown out once, every other game has been close, I'd expect another close one w/ the good guys pulling it out.

lebeau with that much time to prepare is gonna give a rookie qb fits...so i get that...but genos just not that good also...looks good when he has a clean pocket and can eye bang his targets can throw some nice balls but situational awareness is plum awful...

i think the jets are wasting time frankly...if i was a jets fan i'd want to be in a better position come the 2014 draft to land a qb...every win makes it that much harder...

You can make that determination based on a few games of play? the man was forced into playing too quickly, he clearly was not ready but he's shown flashes. keep in mind our O has been battling injuries, kerley missed time, Goodson missed 4 games(and now is out for the season), Ivory has been out, Holmes missed the last 2 games, Winslow is out so on top of being a rookie that wasn't quite ready to play he is playing w/ a decent cast of weapons that is banged up. He has shown me enough to see he can play in this league, how good he becomes I don't know yet but I am very happy w/ where he is at the moment. I wish we had Mark as I think we'd be 5-1(at worst 4-2) but that's not an option and Geno has done ok when he clearly wasn't ready to play.

You can make that determination based on a few games of play?

Geno's problems were pretty evident in college. He is who he is.

Like I said, the things Jets fans are choosing to defend right now amuse me. You guys are priming for long term success, and Geno Smith is bad enough to get you in position to draft someone who can actually take advantage of it. Kid is a human turnover machine.

Geno's problems were pretty evident in college. He is who he is.

Like I said, the things Jets fans are choosing to defend right now amuse me. You guys are priming for long term success, and Geno Smith is bad enough to get you in position to draft someone who can actually take advantage of it. Kid is a human turnover machine.

he rarely turned it over in college so how were these problems evident there?

He's a rookie turning it over much like your QB in year 2(he only has 5 more TOs in 1 more game played). I am not ready to proclaim anything long term other than I am pleased w/ his progress. He was NOT ready to play when he took over and that is showing up nearly every week, he should be watching from the bench right now but instead is learning on the field.

i think i've seen enough to come away with geno smith is a train wreck waiting to happen...but i will wait to seal it with a few more games i see i guess...his situational awareness is just so bad and being he never saw pressure in college at wvu like weeden at ok st now that they are facing pressure they look awful against it...

i don't see how those traits will change..i would not be optimistic as a jets fan...

2vvwg9j-1.jpg

Now back to Reality:
Jets beat teams with a cumulative 3-13 record (and that includes a boneheaded gift vs the self-destructing Bucs and a Buffalo team without the majority of their starting defensive backfield and their main offensive threat Spiller going out in the first half who were playing so badly that they couldn't capitalize on the 20 penalty/167 yards the jest gifted them. They lost to Atlanta after the Fins went in and broke their spirit - or at least the spirit of the starters who weren't yet injured. And of course the same Weeden and his Browns put up 37 points (after Hoyer went out) against those very same Buffalo Bills who the jest managed to beat by 1TD.

but this thread is just crazy really...tannehill makes this dude look like chump change...

not fair to tannehill really...that titans game was worse from smith than any game tannehill has ever played as a pro...ever...by a mile

i think i've seen enough to come away with geno smith is a train wreck waiting to happen...but i will wait to seal it with a few more games i see i guess...his situational awareness is just so bad and being he never saw pressure in college at wvu like weeden at ok st now that they are facing pressure they look awful against it...

i don't see how those traits will change..i would not be optimistic as a jets fan...

if he never saw it in college shouldn't we give him time to adjust? he's shown great spurts and awful spurts- a typical rookie but again he wasn't supposed to be starting. He was supposed to be on the bench so there's a good reason he hasn't looked ready outside of the Atl game.

I see the excuse maker is at it again.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

but this thread is just crazy really...tannehill makes this dude look like chump change...

not fair to tannehill really...that titans game was worse from smith than any game tannehill has ever played as a pro...ever...by a mile

and the Atl game by Smith was better than any game Ryan has played.

lol @ this thread still going.

stop feeding the troll people

Back
Top Bottom