Is Geno better than Ryan.......... | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Geno better than Ryan..........

plese...tannehills played better games than smith did in atlanta...

never has and while he hasn't been as bad as Geno was in ten Ryan has had some awful games.

Please name these games he was better than geno in Atl?

never has and while he hasn't been as bad as Geno was in ten Ryan has had some awful games.

Please name these games he was better than geno in Atl?

geno ran the read op and made easy primary reads that entire falcons game...he can't even begin to read coverage pre and post snap at tannehills level nor process information...and he also failed to account for free edge rushers he needs to pick up on...

this is comical...

geno ran the read op and made easy primary reads that entire falcons game...he can't even begin to read coverage pre and post snap at tannehills level nor process information...and he also failed to account for free edge rushers he needs to pick up on...

this is comical...

He wasn't running the red option all game, he did a few times. if he wasn't reading coverages he sure picked apart Atlanta and was much better against them on the road where Atl was desperate than Ryan did at home.

He was outstanding in Atlanta, he took one bad sack- Ryan has been taking bad sacks all year. I think Ryan has potential(and I am NOT saying geno will be better) but you act like he's Tom Brady and has no flaws. Ryan has never had a game like geno had in Atlanta, to say he has is comical. he doesn't even have a 3 TD game and Geno did this PLUS led a last minute GW drive on the road giving his K a near chip shot FG for the win at the gun.

I don't know what Geno will become, he is a long way off from being a finished product but he was outstanding in Atlanta and you can't take that away from him. As bad as he was in ten he was that good in Atl.

Junc is looking at the very stats he complains makes average fans...

I am? where? I will never just throw out stats. The O had the ball 24 1/2 mins, Atl 35 1/2 mins. he led us to 30 pts in those 24 1/2 mins- that's pretty good, right? He completed 80% of his passes, had 3 TDs, led us to 30 pts including the GW FG where he set our K up for a near chip shot to win it. Hopw much better could he have played? How much more efficient could he have been? we only punted 3 times all game- does he not get credit for that? all this in a game NO ONE thought we'd have a chance to win on the road.

One of the least knowledgable posters trying to discuss football with one of the sites most knowledgable poster = entertainment. It's actually kinda cringe worthy. :lol:

Now that the writing is on the wall for Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith becomes the next crappy Jets QB junc will defend to the death. It's honestly pretty funny the way he's dropped #6 like a hot rock.

I am? where? I will never just throw out stats. The O had the ball 24 1/2 mins, Atl 35 1/2 mins. he led us to 30 pts in those 24 1/2 mins- that's pretty good, right? He completed 80% of his passes, had 3 TDs, led us to 30 pts including the GW FG where he set our K up for a near chip shot to win it. Hopw much better could he have played? How much more efficient could he have been? we only punted 3 times all game- does he not get credit for that? all this in a game NO ONE thought we'd have a chance to win on the road.

What's the saying....Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days....

Qb

One of the least knowledgable posters trying to discuss football with one of the sites most knowledgable poster = entertainment. It's actually kinda cringe worthy. :lol:

This isn't like you trying to debate w/ me- though to be fair you are smart enough never to try it b/c you know how you will look.

I respect hoos, I wish more were like him but he couldn't give me a game where Ryan has been better. I think that says it all.

Now that the writing is on the wall for Mark Sanchez, Geno Smith becomes the next crappy Jets QB junc will defend to the death. It's honestly pretty funny the way he's dropped #6 like a hot rock.

At what point have I proclaimed anything about Geno other than I am pleased w/ where he is at? This always happens w/ you guys, you make stuff up b/c you have nothing. I didn't even say he would be better than Ryan, just made a statement his game in Atl was better than any Ryan has had and so far I haven't seen anyone prove that wrong or even attempt to.

Mark is gone, there's nothing I can do. I wish he was healthy b/c we'd be 4-2/5-1 w/ him and be a legit playoff threat but he's done for the year and for his career here. I will always defend what I believe is right, I wish we didn't have a GM cramming his QB down Rex's throat but hopefully in the long term it works out.

If you guys want to discuss the situation please do but there's no need for the chilidish, asinine comments.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

What's the saying....Even the sun shines on a dogs ass some days....

Maybe it is a one game thing? I don't know but that one game was pretty damn good. I am hoping he looks more like that and less like Ten but we'll see what happens.

This isn't like you trying to debate w/ me- though to be fair you are smart enough never to try it b/c you know how you will look.

I respect hoos, I wish more were like him but he couldn't give me a game where Ryan has been better. I think that says it all.

At one point have I proclaimed anything about Geno other than I am pleased w/ where he is at? This always happens w/ you guys, you make stuff up b/c you have nothing. I didn't even say he would be better than Ryan, just made a statement his game in Atl was better than any Ryan has had and so far I haven't seen anyone prove that wrong or even attempt to.

Mark is gone, there's nothing I can do. I wish he was healthy b/c we'd be 4-2/5-1 w/ him and be a legit playoff threat but he's done for the year and for his career here. I will always defend what I believe is right, I wish we didn't have a GM cramming his QB down Rex's throat but hopefully in the long term it works out.

If you guys want to discuss the situation please do but there's no need for the chilidish, asinine comments.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Maybe it is a one game thing? I don't know but that one game was pretty damn good. I am hoping he looks more like that and less like Ten but we'll see what happens.

:brewskis: good stuff.

You are pleased with where he is at? Yeah. I bet you are.

I bet you are secretly pleased that he is ****ing awful and makes Mark Sanchez look a lot better by comparison. :lol:

You are pleased with where he is at? Yeah. I bet you are.

I bet you are secretly pleased that he is ****ing awful and makes Mark Sanchez look a lot better by comparison. :lol:

I want to win, I don't care who is under C. I appreciate what mark did and I know we could win big w/ him but he's gone. Geno has shown flashes and has helped us get in the race when most thought we'd win 3 games all year. He is doing a better job protecting the ball when being hit, if he can read the Ds a little better and cut down on INTs we'll be in good shape to stay in the playoff hunt.

I think guys like Eli Manning are making Mark look much better, Eli has Cruz, Nicks and Randle to throw to and has been WORSE than Mark was in his only bad year of 2012. I don't need to root against my currect QB to make Mark look better. All I want to do is win.

He wasn't running the red option all game, he did a few times. if he wasn't reading coverages he sure picked apart Atlanta and was much better against them on the road where Atl was desperate than Ryan did at home.

He was outstanding in Atlanta, he took one bad sack- Ryan has been taking bad sacks all year. I think Ryan has potential(and I am NOT saying geno will be better) but you act like he's Tom Brady and has no flaws. Ryan has never had a game like geno had in Atlanta, to say he has is comical. he doesn't even have a 3 TD game and Geno did this PLUS led a last minute GW drive on the road giving his K a near chip shot FG for the win at the gun.

I don't know what Geno will become, he is a long way off from being a finished product but he was outstanding in Atlanta and you can't take that away from him. As bad as he was in ten he was that good in Atl.

what he throw for in that game 200 yards??? he was solid that day but other than two backside sacks late by a washed up osi and folks osi as a win pass rusher minus schematics is washed up he had a clean pocket all game long...the read op gives you in breaking routes with one on one looks all over the place...you surprised atlanta with it and your oc had a very good schematic gameplan...

as for tannehill not ever playing better tanny showed more in that zona game last year against blitz pressure and heavy pressure at that than smith ever has...and tanny also was one of the league leaders in under pressure efficiency as a rookie...

not to mention he's top level as a 3rd down conversion qb in 2013 with zero running game and a gaping wound oline...top level red zone td efficiency without many win red zone options and lacking a wr that he can even throw a fade to when he gets down there

this year tannehills played 4 at worst very solid games...been a victim of poor oline play and dropped balls...lead gameclinching td drives vs cleveland and gamewinning td drives against indy and the falcons...

yes the pocket management needs to get better mainly climbing the pocket but if he had as clean looks as geno did vs atl tannehill would have shredded em...

Last edited by a moderator:
Geno Smith is not close to Ryan Tannehill. His accuracy is worse than Sanchez'. A more equal comparison at this point is Smith and Manual.

Back
Top Bottom