Is Henne good enough? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Henne good enough?

I think he showed in relief duty last year he is at least well on his way. I think that if you put him in now he would outperform the BFB's 07 performance (Beast From BYU, whose name is will not utter). It is hard though to supplant an accurate, experienced QB like Chad P when he is playing at a Pro Bowl level. I do question why in "Hail Mary" end of game/half situations last year they didn't roll out Chad H to take advantage of his arm.

Henne needs more playing time. Hopefully they will be able to get him into more game this year to mop up things and get some quality snaps in. I think he just needs some more experience.

Henne won't start during pre season, well maybe Game 4, but he will see a little more than 2 quarters in each game, and we'll see comparing to last year how much he has learned...

Henne needs more playing time. Hopefully they will be able to get him into more game this year to mop up things and get some quality snaps in. I think he just needs some more experience.

Only if our O is more explosive.. I'd like to get him some playing time, the young man is full of confidence...but playing is a different story.. I don't really know what we have in Henne, I think we have a player...but this same regime thought Romo was the answer in Dallas, and I can't say Romo blows me away.....so I'll let Henne's play on the field convince me..

Armando Salguero's
(From the Herald) opinion -

"Henne has a loooong way to go before he can be considered an NFL starting quarterback"

ouch! After a year of learning & studying?

Now, we all know that Armando is a freezing icehole. But.......Could what he said be true?

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...e-dynamics-of-the-whitehenne-competition.html

That's farging icehole to you, sir:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8tVxk6Nj4

This dude should have gotten a best supporting actor Academy Award.

I think there is a pretty good reason he has been named the starter for next year.

I think it is a legit question, I'll take it a step further. What if the FO isn't as in love w/Henne as everyone thinks. What if taking Henne up to North Carolina to work out Nicks was part of a smokescreen. That would explain the Pat White pick a whole lot more.

I think it is a legit question, I'll take it a step further. What if the FO isn't as in love w/Henne as everyone thinks. What if taking Henne up to North Carolina to work out Nicks was part of a smokescreen. That would explain the Pat White pick a whole lot more.

Taking Henne to work out Nicks may have been a smokescreen to draft White, but I think Henne gets first crack at starter after Penny regardless. (Unless he screws it up royally)

White was drafted for the wildcat.

That guy doesn't know the very first thing about football. His articles are transparent attempts at creating controversy. They called that yellow journalism years ago. He's a yellow journalist alright, and in more than one way too...:chuckle:

Did you see how profootball weekly had Henne and Ryan rated back in that draft edition?

They seem incredibly accurate to me, they rated Beck as a career back-up.

They had Henne rated very well. I think he was 2nd to Ryan if memory serves me.

Only if our O is more explosive.. I'd like to get him some playing time, the young man is full of confidence...but playing is a different story.. I don't really know what we have in Henne, I think we have a player...but this same regime thought Romo was the answer in Dallas, and I can't say Romo blows me away.....so I'll let Henne's play on the field convince me..

Agreed MD... This has to be an instance of "wait and see". Henne has all the intangibles to succeed at this level. He's big, got a strong arm, is a leader within the huddle, and started 4 years up at Michigan (which means he is likely able to handle a high-pressure environment). However, aside from some garbage time during the regular season and some sharp moments in preseason (which really don't mean a lot) we won't know what we have in Henne until he takes on the full-time starter's role. I like what he offers as a QB, but results are something we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully the front office found us a QB for the next decade.

Off topic: I'm not a Romo fan by any means, but I think two things are responsible for some of his lackluster play: (1) he is too 'aw shucks' and doesn't take his position as Dallas QB as seriously as he should, ie he's too immature or childish to really assume a very vocal, commanding position and (2) he got caught up in trying to keep his prima donna reciever happy and well fed with many passes his way (thus taking away from just being a quarterback, reading the defense, and putting the ball in the best place INSTEAD of in the hands of who just wants it regardless if they are open or not *cough* TO *cough*)

armando knows nothing about football.

BUT, i will say this.

chad henne was a 2nd rounder for a/some reason(s) ...

armando knows nothing about football.

BUT, i will say this.

chad henne was a 2nd rounder for a/some reason(s) ...

I get what you're saying here, but truthfully, draft status means nothing. How does a top notch WR like Michael Crabtree get drafted behind an inconsistent speedy WR like Darius Heyward-Bay (yes, I know its the Raiders, but you see my point)? How does a bust like Ryan Leaf get drafted so high only to fizzle later on? The draft is a crap shoot. Each team places importance on different factors when examining players. For teams like Oakland, they seem to value speed over college production. Some teams running a 3-4 seek different varieties of linebackers and defensive linemen to better fit their scheme. Draft status really doesn't mean much.

Yes, Henne has his flaws. I believe the biggest knock on him was that he tended to stare down his receivers rather than try to look-off defensive backs. After Flacco and Ryan were selected, most of the teams still picking were either satisfied with their QB's or had a player fall to them they felt they could not pass up. So Henne (and Brian Brohm, another highly skilled QB) dropped in the draft. Henne has 1st round talent (as I believe Brohm likely possesses the same, at worst EARLY second round) and he is a very skilled QB. With a little coaching to help him stop telegraphing his throws, and film study (plus experience playing at the PRO level) Henne should be just fine.

I'm guessing your intention was not to rip Henne, but rather question why he slipped into round 2, so please don't take this as me trying to soley defend Henne or rip you for your post. I'm just trying to throw in my 2 cents:hi5:

Back
Top Bottom