Is Henne good enough? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Henne good enough?

not yet.... but hopefully he is. i still worry about him handling pressure up the middle. he struggled throughout college in that aspect very much. quick pressure caused him to stare down WR's and heave it to them, causing many of his INT's of his college career. throwing off back foot as well in these instances.

much to learn, much to work on, do it up Henne!!!

I'm just going to do the wait and see thing like others have suggested already. I hope he is as good as his reviews during last years draft because he is a huge piece of this rebuilding project.

I feel we don't know what we have in Henne yet, until he plays a regular season game. I'M just going to wait and watch him in a regular game before i judge him. He looked good last year in mop up duty against a buch of scrubs. but that doesn't say much.

Henne

Henne will start this year, Its a miracle that Pennington played they whole season last year he always gets hurt....Pennington will get hurt and open the door for Henne . I went to the pre season games last year and Henne
looked awsome all he was lacking was the poise and confidence of playing time. His skills and leadership are there... Beck never convinved me he looked like a B#@%H....

Henne will start this year, Its a miracle that Pennington played they whole season last year he always gets hurt....Pennington will get hurt and open the door for Henne . I went to the pre season games last year and Henne
looked awsome all he was lacking was the poise and confidence of playing time. His skills and leadership are there... Beck never convinved me he looked like a B#@%H....

Pennington got hurt so much because the NYJ protection sucked. He had pretty good protection last year except for the occasional jail break up the middle from a Samson failure.

starting mid-season would be scary for me, but yes is a possability with Pennington tending to be fragile at times.

hopefully we dont have to witness that in the 2009 season at all.... Henne still needs work, but has talent that can become very good.... i dont want him rushed into this any way at all.... three or four years, he was inconsistent often at Michigan especially with any pressure coming at him.... he has a lot to learn and experience

I like how Henne makes the prototypical throws for an NFL QB. Deep outs, square ins, etc. From the film I've seen, he's better in that regard than Ryan or Flacco. Of course, there's a lot more to playing the QB position, and he'll have to answer those questions, but he hasn't given me any reason to doubt him. That he's unproven is a given, but there's really nothing to say on the issue accept: "We'll see if he can put it all together."

As for now, I don't see anything he's lacking.

Yea, but Armando gots a lots longer wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to go to be a journal glass of footballs.

Henne has got to get some starts in this yr. All acounts are that Penny wont be starting in 2010....I dont want a guy who has never started an nfl game taking over the year we're really supposed to be contenders.

This is a silly statement..........Ummmm Tom Brady went in the fifth. So how is THAT working out?

how many 6th rounder become HOF QBs with 4 superbowl rings ?

let's not take the exceptions as the rule here

what i'm saying, is that all 32 teams passed on him in the first round because they felt there was better players, and there still was about 20 teams who passed on the guy in the 2nd round.

"i'll believe it when i see it" is how i judge the QBs around here, because we got fooled so many times by the hypes, that i don't believe them anymore. I was pleased when i saw henne against the cards, but it means nothing. Playing 4th quarter garbage time in a blowout means squat. i'll wait and see when he hits the field to fund my judgement on the guy.

all i was saying in my comment is that henne has flaws, like any rookie, and he had enough of them to get into the 2nd round. I understand your point, that sometimes good players fall through the cracks, or are mis-evaluated, but really... how many of them are there ?

i'm hoping, like the rest of all of us, that henne becomes a solid starter. don't get me wrong people. but i don't get caught up in some "beck-ish" hype, if you know what i mean... :rolleyes2::(

Back
Top Bottom