Is Henne good enough? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Henne good enough?

the question should be is he better than Pennington.
the answer: no.
not good enough yet. give him some time to develop & don't sell Pennington short.
if Penny has another year like 2008, he takes us to the SuperBowl in 2010.
WildCatPat & the Orca-5 have potentially laid the ground for a Pennington Renaissance in the NFL
Remember the Cardinals.

That guy doesn't know the very first thing about football. His articles are transparent attempts at creating controversy. They called that yellow journalism years ago. He's a yellow journalist alright, and in more than one way too...:chuckle:

Did you see how profootball weekly had Henne and Ryan rated back in that draft edition?

They seem incredibly accurate to me, they rated Beck as a career back-up.

They had Henne rated very well. I think he was 2nd to Ryan if memory serves me.

I felt Henne was a better prospect than Flacco last yr
You can't coach confidence and intangibles. Henne seems to have both

i think the simple fact is that about half the people on this board. do not think penny can beat good defensive teams .he will get his shot to prove everybody wrong.we will not be able to dink and dunk are way through the schedule this year.if we can not stretch the field,we will get wiped out.

I felt Henne was a better prospect than Flacco last yr
You can't coach confidence and intangibles. Henne seems to have both

If we would have drafted Flacco you would be saying the same thing about him. Henne is unproven and unknown. That's all we truly know!

I think the Fins will play Penny to see how this season turns out. If they're winning, he's staying as starter. If the season were to go south (that's AFC and NFC South), I think Henne will get his shot before the season is over. Pure and simple. I hope with the SUPER WILDPAT that maybe Henne gets to grow some more and not have to play.

the last thing i want to read is that miami pissed away ANOTHER!!!! second round draft pick on the QB slot. let's face the facts. we've drafted or traded away high draft picks for umpteen QB'S over the years and only bob griese and marino panned out. let's just save the picks and sign proven FA'S.

If we would have drafted Flacco you would be saying the same thing about him. Henne is unproven and unknown. That's all we truly know!

Foolish response. Henne was a known commodity following his Jr yr. at Michigan.
You would be hard pressed to find anyone except a NFL draft nerd who had ever heard of Flacco up until the scouting combine because he played for a small school.
Henne was considered a possible 1st rd pick following his Jr yr and some draft pundits had him ranked ahead of Quinn.
If you read my post, I stated that I had Henne as a better PROSPECT BEFORE the draft.
BEFORE means prior to.
Flacco was much more unproven than Henne coming out of college. In fact, I'm still not sold on Flacco. I would like to see how he handles himself when the running game is stuffed and defenses are pinning their ears back and blitzing him.

Back
Top Bottom