Is Henne good enough? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Henne good enough?

I think it is a legit question, I'll take it a step further. What if the FO isn't as in love w/Henne as everyone thinks. What if taking Henne up to North Carolina to work out Nicks was part of a smokescreen. That would explain the Pat White pick a whole lot more.

If that were true then it wouldn't say much about their fdaith in Pat White since they would have already picked one wrong QB last year.

From the little I have seen of Chad Henne, I am impressed. I did not think he was that great in college personally, but his poise in the pocket, release time, ability to read blitzes and huge arm all stuck out to me. Of course I had been watching AJ Feeley, Jay Fiedler, John Beck and Sage Rosenfeld, so that doesn't help.

Why can't everyone grasp that the FO requires COMPETITION at EVERY position on the field? White and Henne will make each other so good, and it will play itself out in time.

Armando doesnt know anything the finheaven regular doesnt know. Nobody knows how Henne will turn out. We can only hope.

How are any of us able to answer that question? We have not seen the guy play a meaningful snap in the NFL. Not one. All we know is what we have read (which has mostly been positive) and what we have seen in relief appearances and preseason games (also mostly positive). The Pat White pick has no impact on Chad Henne IMO, and anyone who bought the line about Pat competing for the starting gig down the line is pretty naive. Pat White was brought here for the wildcat and to run David Lee's version of the spread. Chad Henne, good or bad, is the future of the Miami Dolphins.

You answered your own question...it was from Salguero...nuff said...

I always thought the FO drafted Pat White for these three reasons (in order of priority):

1. they didn't want anyone else to get him;
2. wildcat option; and
3. need a third QB because they were going to release John Beck.

I see a lot of references to Henne and his college play. Keep in mind that Michigan (until the new Rich Rod era) has always been a run first pass only if you need to type offense. Very conservative. They have placed many of their QB's in to the league over the last 20 years. Coming out of school, Henne was the best of all of them. Often times, I see posts about his bowl record. He lost his first 3 bowls. The Big Ten has been in a decline for years playing smashmouth football and lost touch with the SEC and now Big 12. However, Henne's last game at Michigan, was also Lloyd Carr's last game. They were an overwhelming underdog to Florida but Carr opened the playbook and Henne came out firing. He wound up 25-39 for 373 and 3 TD's. Most of his Senior season he had a bad shoulder. Doctors shot him with to much cortisone and hit a nerve after the Michigan State game. He tried to play against Wisconsin but his arm was dead and he was pulled after 5 passes (he completed 3 for 28 yards).

My point is, it's easy to say Henne was unimpressive in his record at Michigan but I question anyone saying that just how close they followed him. He started as a true freshman and continued as the starter all 4 years at Michigan. Only one other Michigan QB did that. This kid has a lot of heart, is very intelligent and is in command in the huddle.

I agree that we don't know yet what we have but, I watched him play closely at Michigan and am not at all surprised that he had a good pre-season last year and looked good against the Cardinals at the end. I expect good things from Henne and seriously doubt that the coaching staff has soured on him.

I honestly believe that Henne will be starting at some point this season and quite possibly on opening day.

of course he's got a long way to go, he's never started a game. I'm tired of people bashing on Henne and saying now Pat White is the guy. Henne is our guy and he's gonna be good. Henne is the future,and Pat White is Brad Smith

of course he's got a long way to go, he's never started a game. I'm tired of people bashing on Henne and saying now Pat White is the guy. Henne is our guy and he's gonna be good. Henne is the future,and Pat White is Brad Smith
I would say he would be closer to Troy Smith since he will strictly be a QB.

I relly don't know, who does at this point. If he doesn't get on the field during the season we will never know. If White looks really good running the wildcat he might get a few more plays outside the wildcat and if he looks good then Henne will be in trouble. I guess I'm old fashion, but I really need to see a QB on the field during games before we decide and mans future.

With the limited action Henne has received, I am impressed with what I have seen. You see the poise in the pocket, command in the huddle, and strong throws with good accuracy. Granted, we'll know more as he gets more playing time but you can't help but be impressed with his tools in the short time he's seen on the field.

With the limited action Henne has received, I am impressed with what I have seen. You see the poise in the pocket, command in the huddle, and strong throws with good accuracy. Granted, we'll know more as he gets more playing time but you can't help but be impressed with his tools in the short time he's seen on the field.

Ditto - and he'll give Penny a good push..., the true push that Penny lacked in NY...

Back
Top Bottom