is it just me or has this site been ruined... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

is it just me or has this site been ruined...

painnotpleasure said:
Sucks. Well once we start winning let them whine all they want. Who cares.. We'll all be happy. We know who the true fans are.

I'm there!!! I am happy as long as my phins are playing!!!

john00agent said:
I don't even read half the posts anymore b/c 90% are from people who have NO football knowledge
Pretty strong statement! Is it because they don't agree with your opinions? I think that the vast majority on this MB are fairly knowledgeable about the game! (why would they be here otherwise?)

john00agent said:
Players havent even played ONE down in a real game and these posters are claiming them to be busts.
Maybe not - but all players have experience (college, other teams, this pre-season) so there are grounds to form opinions.

Yes - there is a lot of negativism. If we still had RW, had a top 10 QB instead of Feely who can't beat out Jay, got Gibbs to come out of retirement to coach the Dolphins, Boston's knee was healthy, got the Patriots GM (Scott P.), Carey was an instant force on the OL, etc. - then you would see as much optimism as there is pessimism today.

Not to say there aren't any good things happening, but I for one (going into my 6th year as a Dolphins fan) feel a whole lot different than in previous recent years about how well I think we will do. Optimism is fine - as long as it is not blind optimism.

PS - This is the best Dolphins site in cyber space, and has the best MB, well managed by very capable mods. If you saw some of the garbage that was occurring on other Dolphins MBs a few years ago, you would never make a statement about a few controversial posts ruining this MB!

IL phinfan said:
I would be sad to admit I was a season tic holder! The stadium is always half-EMPTY--Winning or losing!! There are more opposing fans there then ours!JETS bring more fans to games then we do and they stay the entire game!!We have to have one of ther worst home fields in the NFL.the only thing we have on our side at home is the heat!

And I am a season tix holder who drives 300 miles to see the games. unfortunately, we dont sell out for a number of reasons:

1. Our stadium is bigger than 90% of the stadiums out there, so if we had a 50K seat stadium, yeah, we would sell out too.
2: Face it, Miami has a lot more to offer than sitting in a HOT ARSE stadium.
3. Football is better on TV
4. 1/2 of miami residence are transplants from NY/NE.
5. I can go on and on....

IL phinfan said:
I would be sad to admit I was a season tic holder! The stadium is always half-EMPTY--Winning or losing!! There are more opposing fans there then ours!JETS bring more fans to games then we do and they stay the entire game!!We have to have one of ther worst home fields in the NFL.the only thing we have on our side at home is the heat!

Sounds like the very definition of "flaky fan".

You'd only buy tickets if everyone else was buying tickets, eh?? Do you only root for the team when they're playing welll??

How many home games have you been to??

john00agent said:
you werent at the jets game last year!

JETS SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!!!!!!

I WAS THERE And watched a Half empty stadium with more jets fans than Fin fans! Fans left early to beat traffic or to go do something else cause we had the win.SAD:fire: The jets fans stayed to the end! I hate the Jets but you have to give it to thier fans. I was in nose bleed but I got to watch the 3rd and 4th qtr from the 2nd row.EVERYONE Left!

Wonder who is right? The media the fans and the majority of people who have an opinion about Wanny and the team? Or,is it the small number of homers who refuse to see wanny is killing this team from within?

john00agent said:
you still above water muck? i hear s. tampa got it bad....

Nope. I didn't go swimming today. :whew:

Right now there's just a bunch of tree branches and stuff all over my street. Nothing flooded around me that I can see. But when I walked out earlier today, Bayshore Blvd was underwater. The tide of the bay had risen over the sea wall and the wind was blowing it in further. Salt water all over the place. And idiots trying to drive thru it. Never seen anything like it before.

Are you up north??

john00agent said:
unfortunately, no one goes to the other forums, so that is the only way to get a response.

Since this has been moved, maybe when you choose post new tread, you get an option on which board you are posting......

WE (the staff) read this forum. So if anyone has a complaint or suggestion, this is the best place to put it. :)

IL phinfan said:
I WAS THERE And watched a Half empty stadium with more jets fans than Fin fans! Fans left early to beat traffic or to go do something else cause we had the win.SAD:fire: The jets fans stayed to the end! I hate the Jets but you have to give it to thier fans. I was in nose bleed but I got to watch the 3rd and 4th qtr from the 2nd row.EVERYONE Left!

How about the Monday Night Massacre?? The Ghettolands was almost empty when the 4th quarter rolled around.

When you're a fan at an "away" stadium, you stay till the end because it's one of the only chances you get to see your team. Almost a novelty.

Muck said:
Sounds like the very definition of "flaky fan".

You'd only buy tickets if everyone else was buying tickets, eh?? Do you only root for the team when they're playing welll??

How many home games have you been to??
No I buy tickets to watch the fins!Not rant and rave about what I can't change.Anyone who sits and rants and raves about things they can't change is a "flaky fan"! I drive over 1000 miles to see the fins at home!I do it atleast 2-3 times a year. I think people who live close to the stadium take it for granted.I say if there are better things to do in Miami while a fins game is on then move them more north!

Muck said:
How about the Monday Night Massacre?? The Ghettolands was almost empty when the 4th quarter rolled around.

When you're a fan at an "away" stadium, you stay till the end because it's one of the only chances you get to see your team. Almost a novelty.
And they came BACK!!Florida residents are just too d@mn lazy!

john00agent said:
by all the negative posters? I don't mind peoples opinions, but this is getting out of control. I don't even read half the posts anymore b/c 90% are from people who have NO football knowledge, but all of a sudden think they are GMs. Players havent even played ONE down in a real game and these posters are claiming them to be busts.

Maybe we should have two forums. One could be the Half full and the other Half empty!

:nono:
I think there should be 2 forums....1 for premium members and one for the rest. Inside info is still gonna be one both so I think that would be the best idea

Back
Top Bottom