Is MJD for real????` | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is MJD for real????`

The only thing I would listen to MJD about,is where the best buffet is served...that's one fat rascal now.

Lol. It's like a battle of suck who's the greatest suck of them all!

In the red corner Omar and in the blue corner MJD both are undefeated with a perfect suck record of 100 - 0!

MJD used to make pretty sensible comments but I sense that he has made a call (or was told by his TV Director) to make more wild comments and deliberately create controversy as an NFL commentator because it boosts ratings. This is the lowest common denominator Skip Bayless/ Heath Evans approach to forging a career in the media. And yes, MJD looks like he's put on 20 - 30 lbs since he retired. He now has a bigger a$$ than Pouncey. He's short but he's a very big man.

Last edited:
LMAO. I saw this last night and almost spit up my drink when he said that! Comparing Rivers to Marino is like comparing Romo to Roger the Dodger! 2 completely different categories. Actually that is the first time I have really listened to MJD on a network and 90% of everything he said was moronic! I was at the Dolphins vs Bolts game last year when the game was close and my buddy who was with me isa Bolts fan and was talking crap. I said you know it is about time for another Rivers choke int right? The very next play, Maxwell picks him off. Then at the end of the game, I said are you ready for Rivers to choke again? He said STFU! On que, he throws the pick 6 to Kiko! It was awesome!!!!!!! Rivers couldn't carry Marino's jock strap and if Rivers had to play in Marino's era he would have twice as many ints as he does now!

Might be the most ridiculous statement EVER made lol Rivers is like Eli without the rings. Rivers last Td against was to Kiko. Guy is so overrated every year. Not sure what people see.

In 1985, Marino also held out most of that pre-season. I remember a televised pre-season game showing him in the stands, watching. He came back just before the season opener, I believe. That season, while still good, he didn't have the same chemistry with his receivers after having missed most of pre-season. Other defenses also adjusted by not giving him much deep and by making him take what they would give him underneath. In 1984, he had a lot of big play, deep balls. A lot less in 1985. I have most of the games from both of those seasons on DVD and have watched them on occasion- it is totally different watching the 85 games vs the 84 games.

MJD is my least favorite media person in the entire NFL. Because I travel a ton, I was forced to listen to him on the Sirius NFL channel and I could not stand the guy. All he did was take opposing views of his co-workers, and his arguments were always hideous and lame. He has always been anti-Miami, probably because of where he played. I also feel he was grossly overrated as a running back. Now I see him on NFL net and the man has gained about 100 lbs since his playing days, and is clearly overmatched in every argument he starts on that show. If they paired him with someone like Pat Kirwin or Bill Polian on a show, they would humiliate him, so they typically pair him with lighter characters so he can act out and not get served badly like he deserves. Literally cannot stand the guy.

In 1985, Marino also held out most of that pre-season. I remember a televised pre-season game showing him in the stands, watching. He came back just before the season opener, I believe. That season, while still good, he didn't have the same chemistry with his receivers after having missed most of pre-season. Other defenses also adjusted by not giving him much deep and by making him take what they would give him underneath. In 1984, he had a lot of big play, deep balls. A lot less in 1985. I have most of the games from both of those seasons on DVD and have watched them on occasion- it is totally different watching the 85 games vs the 84 games.
I honestly don't think that was a factor. The '85 team and '86 team scored about the same amount of points - 52 TDs to 56 TDs (70 in '84). The '85 team was 12-4 and the '86 team (when he tossed a mere 44 scores) was 8-8 and started the season 1-4. The '85 team had more rushing TDs than the '86 team - likely correlated to the fact the team was ahead in most games. The '86 team trailed all the time and Dan had to try to manage a lot of comebacks. I think that's really the difference - Dan's play in '85 was not noticeably any different than in '84 or '86 to be honest. He was just as lethal and the TDs scored by this offense those 3 years bears that out. Over that 3 year span he threw 122 TDs or 40 per year. That's just crazy - especially back then.

I honestly don't think that was a factor. The '85 team and '86 team scored about the same amount of points - 52 TDs to 56 TDs (70 in '84). The '85 team was 12-4 and the '86 team (when he tossed a mere 44 scores) was 8-8 and started the season 1-4. The '85 team had more rushing TDs than the '86 team - likely correlated to the fact the team was ahead in most games. The '86 team trailed all the time and Dan had to try to manage a lot of comebacks. I think that's really the difference - Dan's play in '85 was not noticeably any different than in '84 or '86 to be honest. He was just as lethal and the TDs scored by this offense those 3 years bears that out. Over that 3 year span he threw 122 TDs or 40 per year. That's just crazy - especially back then.

I just have a real hard time understanding how Brazile gets consideration before Randy Gradishar.

That's fair. Those two have pretty similar stats. I knew of Gradishar but rarely saw him play in the NFL. Not many Broncos games down south. As a native of Mississippi, I saw Brazile in college as well in the NFL quite frequently. Am I biased? Might could be.... :D

That's fair. Those two have pretty similar stats. I knew of Gradishar but rarely saw him play in the NFL. Not many Broncos games down south. As a native of Mississippi, I saw Brazile in college as well in the NFL quite frequently. Am I biased? Might could be.... :D

If you never saw Gradishar just think of Zach Thomas at 6'3 235 (decent size for a 1970's linebacker). Gradishar was a tackling machine.

If you never saw Gradishar just think of Zach Thomas at 6'3 235 (decent size for a 1970's linebacker). Gradishar was a tackling machine.

I saw Gradishar. Just not as much as I saw Brazile due to the region that I lived in. Tackling machine? Brazile was that as well. By no means am I trying to take anything away from Randy's accomplishments. I'm simply more familiar with Robert and that could make me a little biased. Freely admit that fact. Each were great players though and their stats aren't very different.

I think Rivers is a step below elite. There's no question Marino was elite.

As far as the Hall of Fame goes, I've never thought of Rivers as a Hall of Famer, but then again Warner made it so that opens the door for players like Rivers. I liked Warner and his story is truly one for Hollywood, but I'm not sure he did enough to get in the hall.

I'm on the fence with Eli Manning, but I think his postseason and two super bowl championships get him there.

Marino was the type of player who changed the way defensive coordinators designed coverages. He was transcedent in that regard. It wasn't simply about numbers. Marino could beat double coverage simply because of the velocity and accuracy of his throws.
I recall Jim McMahon in an interview remarking that Marino could complete passes that he had no business throwing. Many of you are too young to have witnessed the phenomenon of Dan Marino in his prime.
Rivers isn't even in the same stratosphere.

For reference I was born in 1989. I read and hear things like this about Marino and i'm dumbfounded at the fact we had that kind of player at Quarterback and Don Shula couldn't coach the team to one championship with that guy running his offense. Shula failed and failed colossally with Marino.

Back
Top Bottom