Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid?

insomnia411

The world is yours
Reaction score
Is Sean Smith a crack addict or just plain stupid?

Rotoworld blurb :

Sean Smith | MIA (February 8, 2013 7:07 PM EST) Free agent CB Sean Smith is expected to seek $8-10 million annually on the open market.

Smith and his agent anticipate a deal somewhere between Brandon Carr (five years, $50 million) and Jason McCourty (five years, $43 million). Per the Miami Herald, the Dolphins don't believe Smith is worth that much and for good reason. Although very physically gifted and only 25, Smith struggles versus smaller, quicker receivers, and Pro Football Focus charted him with more combined first downs and touchdowns allowed than any NFL cornerback in 2012.

SOURCE: MIAMI HERALD

SEE YA SEAN!

Last edited by a moderator:
The market will determine his value, unfortunately he will be way over paid for being such a soft, incomplete player.

I'd rather keep Patterson at his currently salary than pay Smith any more than £2-3m/year. Although, we should try and renegotiate on Patterson if we can.

On the topic of CB's - One player I am keen on seeing how he develops in the off season is Bryan McCann.

First off, if Rotoworld is using Armando as a source, we should check them first for the crack use. Second, I agree, Brandon Carr money is way too much, but it was about what I expected the starting negotiations to begin from his agent. Third, the McCourty deal was an extension . . . so his deal is more like 6 years and 44 million . . . and that is getting closer to where I think Smith lands . . . somewhere between 6 and 7 million a year. I want to keep him, and personally, if he takes 5 years and 32.5 million (6.5) . . . I'd be happy to have him . . . but he has been too inconsistent to lose sleep over if he ends up signing elsewhere. I certainly don't want to overpay.

I'd rather keep Patterson at his currently salary than pay Smith any more than £2-3m/year. Although, we should try and renegotiate on Patterson if we can.

On the topic of CB's - One player I am keen on seeing how he develops in the off season is Bryan McCann.

This is the problem we are going to have in general . . . it's the same problem we have at WR. Let's see how Matthews, 7-11 and Cunningham do . . . maybe we have the answers on the team already. Lets bring in Legadu and Armstrong and hope they flash for us. The GM traded a legit starting CB who was making 1 million a year and now we risk losing our only other legit starting CB and are left contemplating guys like Patterson, Carroll, Jimmy Wilson and McCann in hopes of getting an answer. Sure you may get lucky . . . but more often than not you aren't going to win that battle in the skill positions game. You need a few legit guys to have a successful group of guys.

6-8 million, sign him up. 8 is probably high, 6.5 to 7 would be a deal I could feel good about.

Last edited by a moderator:
That says a lot about SS. I was on the fence w. him, but after this fairy-world view of himself... off the fence. Let him go.

Better CBs for a lot less money.

LD

His asking price is baffling if true. I can't see anyone giving him more than $6 million a year.

Last year starting caliber free agent corners got $10 million per season. If he takes $7 million, do it.

Teams that overpay for average talent don't win. They only get into cap hell down the line.

You overpay for elite talent or if you are 1-2 guys away from putting you in the Super Bowl hunt. Miami is much more than 1-2 guys away from competing for a SB.

Back
Top Bottom