Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid?

yeah but smiths a corner that even when he has a guy locked down he cannot find the football...after i rewatched that indy game for the 3rd time and saw him leave the deep crossing wr to the safety textbook and drop right underneath the deep post perfectly and then get turned around somehow inexcusably while the ball was in flight to hilton for the td i decided i had had enough...

it's just baffling...at $8 mil per ready to move on...even if i have to pay another average guy comparably...

if we had control of vontaes rights for the next year right now instead of trading him for what became a late 2nd rounder we wouldn't be in this pickle right now...we could walk away and still be alright...instead we get a late 2nd rounder and have a need to fill at cb...a hole right now...well good luck getting anything close to vontaes physical tools and talents that late...corners will go fast

at $8 to $10 mil per walk away...smiths too long to ever cover smaller quicker wrs with better hips and cod consistently...so that's pretty much not gonna change...it would be a little different if the kid located the ball and made plays on it but he just doesn't...walk away

just keep in mind casons probably a $8-10 mil corner in free agency also...

Cason really intrigues me, I'd much rather pay him $8-$10 mil than Smith.

Any idea of what San Diego's cap looks like?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

If Antoine Cason is asking $8 to $10 million I would walk away from him as well. I'd rather pay Sean Smith that kind of money than Antoine Cason. The point on Antoine Cason is that he'll be cheaper.

I think we should use our second 3rd round pick on Mississippi State's Darius Slay. He doesn't get all the pub that Johnthan Banks gets, but he is a ball hawk who knows how to get picks, and also can tackle, which Sean Smith seems to do only when he is in the mood. :rolleyes2:

I have watched Sean Smith closely over and over and he plays so fricken soft it isn't even funny. He has no physicalness in his play whatsoever. He's afraid to hit anyone. A 218 pound guy who can't and won't hit. Period.

Cary Williams is a really good corner which is why it is mind boggling when you see him have costly screw ups. I don't want to say he single handedly almost lost the Super Bowl but he had three bad plays that either were costly or could've been costly. He was the one along with Bernard Pollard that missed the tackle on Michael Crabtree when Crabtree caught the ball and bounced off two tacklers then ran into the end zone. He also had a big screwup not disengaging from his coverage in time to come help contain Colin Kaepernick as he scrambled 15 yards to the end zone. And finally when the 49ers were 5 yards shy of taking the lead, on the first play near the goal line he took a bad step and allowed Randy Moss to get wide open on a drag across the back of the end zone. Kaepernick on the roll never saw him and so he didn't throw it, but if he did...that's the go-ahead touchdown.

i'm not so sure cason will be cheaper than $8 mil per...his market probably depends on his age...and i'm thinking he's around 27 or 28 so i don't see it effecting him much...if he's 30 then yeah i can see it

Its not just the cost of Smith....its the cost of replacing him. Hes a known commodity to the coaching staff. If you dont pay him...you need to find a replacement, and who knows if he performs better or worse. Yes..Smith may have a problem with smaller receivers...but he shuts down the taller ones. I think having his size is a huge benefit....

Its not just the cost of Smith....its the cost of replacing him. Hes a known commodity to the coaching staff. If you dont pay him...you need to find a replacement, and who knows if he performs better or worse. Yes..Smith may have a problem with smaller receivers...but he shuts down the taller ones. I think having his size is a huge benefit....

I do not understand the argument in favor of his "physical gifts"...that is the only positive I hear tiredly repeated over and over and over...I never knew 6'3 was the new 6'8, hell, I am almost 6'4 and breaking 200...this kid is only 205, not to mention he consistently gets burned...which means he isn't fast.

Rotoworld blurb :

Sean Smith | MIA (February 8, 2013 7:07 PM EST) Free agent CB Sean Smith is expected to seek $8-10 million annually on the open market.

Smith and his agent anticipate a deal somewhere between Brandon Carr (five years, $50 million) and Jason McCourty (five years, $43 million). Per the Miami Herald, the Dolphins don't believe Smith is worth that much and for good reason. Although very physically gifted and only 25, Smith struggles versus smaller, quicker receivers, and Pro Football Focus charted him with more combined first downs and touchdowns allowed than any NFL cornerback in 2012.

SOURCE: MIAMI HERALD

SEE YA SEAN!
Neither crack addict nor plain stupid.

Sean Smith and his agent are dealing with Jeff Ireland trying to create the illusion of a high price tag for him.
Several free agents have been successful using such strategy while dealing with softer GMs. Jeff is not a fool to use such money on a situation CB like Sean. I mean Sean Smith is elite on covering tall targets and closing the corner on physical receivers, but fine routes and explosive speed torched him.
So Sean is young and as CB are being paid better and better because of today's pass-happy league, so Smith could deserve something close to $5.5 million per year, within an incentive-landed 6 years contract.
His self-imposed $8-10 million price tag is a bluff.

Back
Top Bottom