Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Sean Smith is a crack addict or just plain stupid?

Disappointing thread. With a header like that, I was expecting a bizarre quote or tweet from Sean Smith, not merely a contract demand.

That's exactly what I am saying! I actually think that it is somewhat intelligent of Smith and his camp to try to get as much as he possibly can. I just don't feel the Dolphins should go that high to retain him...

Mccourty makes 7 mill. Sean is better. Can't blame him

Of course you can't blame him. Every single one of us want more money at our owns jobs and I can guarantee that none of us are worth it lol.

But you can blame the team who pays him that ridiculous amount.

One man is only worth what another man is willing to pay for him.

Sign Cox and draft aCB in rd 2...unless Milliner available in rd 1. I think S Smith has run his course in MIA

Smith is University of Utah grad he doesnt' do drugs, hes just not that smart

smith 5 yrs - 32 million - 36 mmillion is ok - make him earn it -- incitives !!
would not mind Milliner at 12 - then a trade back into the early 20s's for patterson - Hunter - Woods -- or allen

If he's soft then why pay him anything? just let him walk 5-6 milllion just to have him on the team, when he can't intercept the empire state building, and he gets beat plenty by wide receivers, he gives up first downs because he's scared to get beat, so he let's the receiver catch the ball and then he tackles them, as a matter of fact my Grandma could shake on smith.

not to mention that he couldnt make a tackle if the player he was going up against layed down for him. not good at all.

The guy can NOT play at the NFL level. I have said over and over smith is one of the worst starting cb's in the NFL (to mass ridicule).

I have told everyone to look at TiVo games, to just watch him and see how bad he really is! And the writer gave the FACTS about how bad. He is. WORST in the NFL!!

So, that being said, we shouldn't pay him one dime! He should go and we need to draft one and sign the top CBS in f/a.

I'd rather keep Patterson at his currently salary than pay Smith any more than £2-3m/year. Although, we should try and renegotiate on Patterson if we can.

On the topic of CB's - One player I am keen on seeing how he develops in the off season is Bryan McCann.

I'm sorry but I see some people fans of patterson and I'm not sure why. Sure I'd like to pay a guy as little money as possible, but usually theres a reason for that. I like McCann though, good speed and ball skills from the little i've seen. Patterson? Haven't noticed anything special.

The problem w/ Derek Cox is the Jags are making every effort to keep him and may use the franchise tag if needed.

You're looking more at Brent Grimes, Cary Williams, Chris Houston and Antoine Cason.

If you knew Grimes would be healthy and not lose his athletic ability after the Achilles tear, you'd be on him all day. But that's not realistic. A corner makes his living off his speed and athleticism, especially Grimes who is a particularly small corner. You can't expect a guy off an Achilles tear to suffer no lasting effects. Unrealistic.

Cason would be a decent option. Very consistent technique. Perfect for a "bend don't break" defense.

you guys saw how suggs looked coming off an achilles...pretty much a shell of himself...i can see the same scenario with grimes in year 1 back from injury...small corner as others have said...if he loses anything speed and quickness wise it's gonna be a problem...

i'm with the antoine cason crowd if cox is getting tagged or resigned...but just don't expect a whole lot of playmaking with cason...bend but don't break corner is exactly what i see as well...

it's either that or i'm looking at keenan lewis market...and if need be drafting keenan lewis light with better tools coming out in robert alford...

at $8 to $10 mil per walk away...smiths too long to ever cover smaller quicker wrs with better hips and cod consistently...so that's pretty much not gonna change...it would be a little different if the kid located the ball and made plays on it but he just doesn't...walk away

just keep in mind casons probably a $8-10 mil corner in free agency also...

I would walk away from Sean Smith at $8 to $10 million but not because of physical shortcomings. It's not because I don't trust him to cover small/quick guys. I would walk away from that kind of money because Sean Smith is too inconsistent in his technique to pay that kind of money. He doesn't give up big plays because of physical shortcomings. He gives up big plays because he turns the wrong way, steps with the wrong foot, gets turned around, etc. Antoine Cason is very consistent with his technique but doesn't flash the kind of ability to aggressively erase players that Sean Smith flashes. Sean Smith has shown the ability to erase any kind of receiver with physical and aggressive coverage, but his technique is just bafflingly inconsistent.

Back
Top Bottom