Is Tom Brady the Best Ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tom Brady the Best Ever?

FinGator

Rookie
Reaction score
I am about as large a Dolphin fan as anyone, so it pains me to think it. But as a football fan, I have to consider that Tom Brady is the best QB ever. Granted he does some douchey things like knockup his girlfriend and then leave her right after, but on the field the man is a machine. Let's face it, if it was Peyton Manning with Tom's exact accomplishments, there would be no doubt.

So, do you think Tom is the greatest QB ever? If so, why? If not, why not?

p.s. I hate the Pats, and if they all suffered career ending injuries, I would sleep better at night. I work with some people that are from Boston and they go on and on about the stinkin Pats all the time.

How dare you ask a question such as this. If Marino (who is the best ever) had the supporting cast and played with all these freakin rules changes that were not in effect while he played he would be WIDELY considered the best. I would like to see Brady quarterbacking the 92 dolphins that went to the AFC Championship game. Dink and Dunk wouldnt get it done. I am offended!

If he is the greatest QB....... there's an asterisk there..... Don't tell me having your coaches stealing the opponents defensive signals won't help the QB immensly.

Lets not forget Pretty Boy's best season ever with the record breaking 50 TD passes was with Randy Moss. You know, the throw-the-rock-anywhere-within-the-vicinity-and-its-a-catch Randy Moss. The one that made Culpepper look like he might be our next superstar QB (We all know how he faired and I was a huge supporter of his). Yeah, thats the Randy Moss I'm talkin about. F Brady and his man-purse and his poofy shirt. Dan Marino is the best pure QB in NFL history, hands down.

how about a big fat NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! my opinion is that Brady has been a product of Belichick's cheating,plus referees helping the Pats out in games by making calls that assist them. look at this past SB,the Giants D made Brady look exactly like he is, a 6th rd draft pick,and at best,mediocre. plus Belicheat just got plain out-coached by Coughlin in that game...when he couldn't cheat and the Pats had to play straight up fair&square,yes the score was close,but they got man-handled by the Giants Defense.

Tom Brady is a good QB with a good head on his shoulders, he has a great arm from the 5-18 yard mark, other than that i dont believe hes all to special. Some might say why would you need anything else and that might be true depending on what style football your team plays. But the bottom line is that he cant throw a accurate deep ball, once his line breaks down or he is flushed outta the pocket he becomes below average QB. I say take away the great line and put in a ok line and hes in trouble. A lot of Qb's become below average tho when you are scrambled away or underpressure etc. but thats what seperates the good qb's from the greats. Tom brady is a lot of things but the best he isnt.

how about a big fat NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! my opinion is that Brady has been a product of Belichick's cheating,plus referees helping the Pats out in games by making calls that assist them. look at this past SB,the Giants D made Brady look exactly like he is, a 6th rd draft pick,and at best,mediocre. plus Belicheat just got plain out-coached by Coughlin in that game...when he couldn't cheat and the Pats had to play straight up fair&square,yes the score was close,but they got man-handled by the Giants Defense.

i wouldnt go that far to say that he looked like he was a 6th round draft pick. Tom is still good regardless of the whole spygate BS, with that being said the Giants D did level the playing field and like i said when brady gets pressure he gets average. Tom still played an ok game that day, he prob didnt do anything diff its just the D out played there line and he broke down because of it.

Seriously as a QB if you get 4-6 1/2 seconds to sit back and throw a football you should break some records.

Tom Brady is a good QB with a good head on his shoulders, he has a great arm from the 5-18 yard mark, other than that i dont believe hes all to special. Some might say why would you need anything else and that might be true depending on what style football your team plays. But the bottom line is that he cant throw a accurate deep ball, once his line breaks down or he is flushed outta the pocket he becomes below average QB. I say take away the great line and put in a ok line and hes in trouble. A lot of Qb's become below average tho when you are scrambled away or underpressure etc. but thats what seperates the good qb's from the greats. Tom brady is a lot of things but the best he isnt.

I agree with this post.

definitely not the best ever. ditto on the when he is under pressure he is not the same qb. he gets flustered extremely easily when the d is in his face.

and with spygate and the fact that he might have known all along what the d was gonna do, no way he can even be in consideration.

i wouldn't consider him the best regardless of what was mentioned above based on the smugness and entitlement. i hate him. bad.

definitely not the best ever. ditto on the when he is under pressure he is not the same qb. he gets flustered extremely easily when the d is in his face.

and with spygate and the fact that he might have known all along what the d was gonna do, no way he can even be in consideration.

i wouldn't consider him the best regardless of what was mentioned above based on the smugness and entitlement. i hate him. bad.
I hate his guts with a passion as well as do i hate Peyton manning. A lot of people need to realize that it does take a lot of skill to read the D (or there signals) and make accurate throws, but it doesnt take a lot of skill for the QB to sit back for 4- 6 seconds and pick away at the D, Heck an amazing O line could make AJ Feely look like a mini brady. Bottom line is i dont take away from the skill either has i would just like to level the playing field a little by only givin them 2 - 3 seconds to throw the football then we can see how they perform. Without doing that i already know what happens the both get taken down a peg in the performance dept. no one can expect a QB to get a passrusher in his face 1 second after he takes that snap while the WR is still trying to get seperation.

Brady is not the best ever QB to date but he will be by the time he closes out his career. He will be the benchmark for which all others will be measured against.

:up:

Brady is not the best ever QB to date but he will be by the time he closes out his career. He will be the benchmark for which all others will be measured against.

:up:

Not sure its gonna be tough. He would have to put up some crazy numbers for a few more seasons to have so much seperation from any other qb in history to be the "benchmark". Its silly to think that they can mirror the same numbers they produced last season, chances are unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom