Is Tom Brady the Best Ever? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tom Brady the Best Ever?

i would put marino, young, and unitas in front of him. and that's just off the top of my head. there's more.

i would put marino, young, and unitas in front of him. and that's just off the top of my head. there's more.
There is so many intangables that make up a great QB and Brady only has a few. Marino, unitas, elway are on my list to name a few as well

I would take Payton right now over Brady. I can not say someone is the best QB ever when hes not even the best QB right now.

the SB wins and record are a result of the head coach (with or without the cheating). If you put Brady on any other team, he would be simply above average.

I would take Payton right now over Brady. I can not say someone is the best QB ever when hes not even the best QB right now.

the SB wins and record are a result of the head coach (with or without the cheating). If you put Brady on any other team, he would be simply above average.

If there was a scale from 1-10 he would be a 9 in my books with the pats. Without the pats maybe a 7. They just fit to well together.

There is so many intangables that make up a great QB and Brady only has a few. Marino, unitas, elway are on my list to name a few as well

i agree with that. i think elway would be ahead of him too.

take away that line and he's just another qb. not having composure under fire is huge.

i agree with that. i think elway would be ahead of him too.

take away that line and he's just another qb. not having composure under fire is huge.
Ya i think elway was great at that, guy was tough. would run for the first, he aint no runner lol.

How dare you ask a question such as this. If Marino (who is the best ever) had the supporting cast and played with all these freakin rules changes that were not in effect while he played he would be WIDELY considered the best. I would like to see Brady quarterbacking the 92 dolphins that went to the AFC Championship game. Dink and Dunk wouldnt get it done. I am offended!

Brady has had better D's but Brady's supporting cast on O has been mostly medicore until he got Moss. Brady absolutely deserves to be in the discussion along w/ Montana, Marino, Graham and Unitas but it's still too early to call him the best.

Brady has had better D's but Brady's supporting cast on O has been mostly medicore until he got Moss. Brady absolutely deserves to be in the discussion along w/ Montana, Marino, Graham and Unitas but it's still too early to call him the best.
Come on Junc you have to hate Brady as much as I do. Brady is the best late round qb of all time, I will give him that one. I tend not to judge QB's on SuperBowls won (I think you know why :() and from a pure ability to play the game at a special level I dont see Brady in that conversation. Marino, Unitas, Elway, Bradshaw and Montana had that ability. I personally put all of the Pats titles on their defense and Adam V. Brady is overrated!!!!!! there I said it

Come on Junc you have to hate Brady as much as I do. Brady is the best late round qb of all time, I will give him that one. I tend not to judge QB's on SuperBowls won (I think you know why :() and from a pure ability to play the game at a special level I dont see Brady in that conversation. Marino, Unitas, Elway, Bradshaw and Montana had that ability. I personally put all of the Pats titles on their defense and Adam V. Brady is overrated!!!!!! there I said it

The man won 3 Super Bowls including leading GW drives in the final minutes in 2 of them and he threw 50 TD passes a year ago leading his team to a 16-0 regular season. if that's not a special level I do not know what is. Let's also not forget NE was a franchise heading in the wrong direction. Their record was getting worse every year going from 11 wins in '96 to 10 in '97, 9 in '98, 8 in '99 then 5 in 2000. In '01 w/o Brady they started 0-2 then went 11-3 w/ him. It wasn't a coincidence. I absolutely hate Brady as I hated Marino but I appreciate what both were able(and in Brady's case still able) to do.

Watch out saying Brady is overrated, i got lynched for it!

The man won 3 Super Bowls including leading GW drives in the final minutes in 2 of them and he threw 50 TD passes a year ago leading his team to a 16-0 regular season. if that's not a special level I do not know what is. Let's also not forget NE was a franchise heading in the wrong direction. Their record was getting worse every year going from 11 wins in '96 to 10 in '97, 9 in '98, 8 in '99 then 5 in 2000. In '01 w/o Brady they started 0-2 then went 11-3 w/ him. It wasn't a coincidence. I absolutely hate Brady as I hated Marino but I appreciate what both were able(and in Brady's case still able) to do.

Its hard to stand up and say that Tom brady lead them to 16-0, its a team effort and tom sure did help but he wasnt alone. As a whole that team is good, Tom just so happen to have big time reciever for once and a go to guy. Of course hes gonna get 50 TD when you got Moss catching jump balls and you have 7 seconds to sit back behind the line and sip some tea. I think people put to much emphasis on the fact that they were 0-2 at start then he lead them to the superbowl, Brady stepped into a system that was built for him in mind,bledsoe not so much. But then again we are talking about the walking sack of potatoes, Bledsoe got sacked often and was innacurate. I cant and nor should anyone else take anything away from what he did or has done cause it still takes talent. But everyone must also look at the other things that come into his success...Line, Coaching, WR, and have the opposing teams signals doesnt hurt either. To make an accurate assesment of the all time greats you must really look deep at the team itself to totally guage each player accuratly :)

i have said time after time he is only good because of the o line. i love marino but after it is said and done i think manning will be the best ever

Back
Top Bottom