Is Tom Brady the Best Ever? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tom Brady the Best Ever?

FOR YOUR second point, it wouldnt have prevented the TD but as the game went the pats declined to go for a FG and went for it instead and got zero. If they went for it and they got it even if the Giants scored the TD the pats would have been tied up with the giants.

That had nothig to do w/ not having Vinatieri. It was an asinine decision by Belichick. Gostowski is 9 for 10 in his postseason career kicking FGs.

big ben doesn't get rattled from pressure. he has great composure. sits in the pocket like noone is even coming. brady doesn't do that. he gets noticeably flustered and mad. is ben even a great QB? no. so shouldn't tom have better awareness in a crumbling pocket than someone who isn't even great? he sure should.

You couldn't have more pressure on a QB than the Giants had on Brady and he STILL led NE to the TD that should have won the SB in the final minutes. EVERY QB is affected by pressure, Brady still performed.

Please me know the games Ben was pressured in and didn't get rattled? He wasn't pressured against NYJ or NE in the '04 playoffs, in the '05 playoffs he was sacked just 6 times in 4 games. Last year was the first playoff game he was pressured in as Jax sacked him 6 times and he threw 3 INTs so obviously pressured affected him.

as far as all time goes - i would say top 10 as of right now. the rest of his career and how spy gate pans out will determine where he ends up.

He's closer to top 5 than top 10 but we'll see how the rest of his career goes.

do you have any idea how hard it is for me to give props to this guy? ugh.

YES! It's the same for me, actually it's worse b/c I also have to do it w/ Marino as well.

"That had nothig to do w/ not having Vinatieri. It was an asinine decision by Belichick. Gostowski is 9 for 10 in his postseason career kicking FGs."

I doubt Bill would let Adam not kick that FG, he knew the guy is an almost sure thing when it comes to clutch kicking(SB record shows it). You wanna let some Gostowski kid with no superbowl exp? Gostowski isnt great by any stretch of the imagination, let history hang on some shmuck?

either way the game still would have been tied if Adam was there and kicked that field goal. which prob would have won them the game in the end, cause come on now lets be real about this the giants yes did pressure Brady but in the end it came down to a BS/amazing catch from Eli.

Gostokowski had hit a 50 yarder on torn up grass at SD the year earlier in the postseason. He was 9 of 10 in postseason, you have to trust your kicker. if it was 4th and 2 or 3 then think about going but it was 4th and 13. It was an asinine decision, they should have kicked the FG.

Gostokowski had hit a 50 yarder on torn up grass at SD the year earlier in the postseason. He was 9 of 10 in postseason, you have to trust your kicker. if it was 4th and 2 or 3 then think about going but it was 4th and 13. It was an asinine decision, they should have kicked the FG.

You would trust Gostokowski with a SB on the line?
Alot of his kicks are made in the 20's. Dont talk gostokowski up now 2 lol...You sure your a jets fan?

You would trust Gostokowski with a SB on the line?
Alot of his kicks are made in the 20's. Dont talk gostokowski up now 2 lol...You sure your a jets fan?

The SB wasn't on the line(it was midway through the 3rd qtr) and I'd trust Gostowski as much as I'd trust any Kicker not named Adam Vinatieri.

His career stats:

From 20-29 yds: 20-21
From 30-39 yds: 15-19
From 40-49 yds: 5-9
From 50+ yds: 1-1

In postseason:

From 20-29 yds: 3-3
From 30-39 yds: 3-4
From 40-49 yds: 2-2

The SB wasn't on the line(it was midway through the 3rd qtr) and I'd trust Gostowski as much as I'd trust any Kicker not named Adam Vinatieri.

His career stats:

From 20-29 yds: 20-21
From 30-39 yds: 15-19
From 40-49 yds: 5-9

In postseason:

From 20-29 yds: 3-3
From 30-39 yds: 3-4
From 40-49 yds: 2-2

Well i would say the game was on the line, its the freakin super bowl man. Cant get anymore on the line than that, every point counts in a game like that (obviously). Ya Belecheat was an idiot for not going for it but was it arrogance or was it unsure of his own kicker.

Also you never commented after i debunked you JJ comments any more additional comments you would like to say on that matter.

Well i would say the game was on the line, its the freakin super bowl man. Cant get anymore on the line than that, every point counts in a game like that (obviously). Ya Belecheat was an idiot for not going for it but was it arrogance or was it unsure of his own kicker.

Also you never commented after i debunked you JJ comments any more additional comments you would like to say on that matter.

It was midway through the 3rd qtr when NE had a 7-3 lead, the game was not on the line. The dopey deciison may have shifted momentum a bit but the game was far from the on the line.

As far as your other point, the Pats supposedly used it for the same reasons. I think they claimed they didn't use it for in game adjustments so it was the same situation as JJ.

It was midway through the 3rd qtr when NE had a 7-3 lead, the game was not on the line. The dopey deciison may have shifted momentum a bit but the game was far from the on the line.

As far as your other point, the Pats supposedly used it for the same reasons. I think they claimed they didn't use it for in game adjustments so it was the same situation as JJ.

it was said that the pats were using it right there and then which is flat out bad.

either way i dont think there is any reason to discuss this anymore neither one is budging lol. Lets shake hands and call it a day:)

it was said that the pats were using it right there and then which is flat out bad.

either way i dont think there is any reason to discuss this anymore neither one is budging lol. Lets shake hands and call it a day:)

Find me the info that says it was proven they used them in game?

Budge? why would I budge when I'm right?:D I'll shake hands and move along though:hi5:

Find me the info that says it was proven they used them in game?

Budge? why would I budge when I'm right?:D I'll shake hands and move along though:hi5:
on a different note, how well you think the jets going to do this year?

on a different note, how well you think the jets going to do this year?

It's an even numbered year so I feel ok. I think we made great improvements in the offseason and if we get decent QB play we can be a playoff team. I think we'll win around 7-8 games and be in the race, we could be a little better than that and make it but we'll see.

It's an even numbered year so I feel ok. I think we made great improvements in the offseason and if we get decent QB play we can be a playoff team. I think we'll win around 7-8 games and be in the race, we could be a little better than that and make it but we'll see.

I think (like you said) that if the jets can get there QB situation down pat they can easily squeeze into the playoffs as a wildcard, i would love to see the jets dethrone the pats. Anything can happen ;)

i see them with at least 9 wins.

they used it for the next game they would play them. Pats used it for ingame adjustments. That is cheating to the extreme man, not every team did what the pats were doing..

They didnt use the tapes for in game adjustments. The coaching staff didnt get the tape till the following monday.

also the colts went home in the divisional round because Adam V. missed a chip 28 yarder

also just to add to this disscusion which has many good points for an against. The nfln had the list of top ten qb's and top ten clutch qb's off all time. brady was the only active qb to make both lists. he was ranked #5 all time and #3 in clutch.

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? If Marino had the team Brady had he would of thrown for like 55 touchdowns and 5000 yarrds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom