Is Tom Brady the Best Ever? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tom Brady the Best Ever?

Heres the thing, most of us who HATE!!!!!! Tom Brady is sayin he is great but not the best. There has to be compromise in everything in life, we compromise in saying hes very very good, but arnt gonna just dubb him the best ever with so many things that accounted for his "SUCCESS". Cheating is a biggy.

Jets fan you also says that without Brady there would be no dynasty and all i say to that is without Adam V there would be no superbowl wins for the pats to hang there hat on =)

Heres the thing, most of us who HATE!!!!!! Tom Brady is sayin he is great but not the best. There has to be compromise in everything in life, we compromise in saying hes very very good, but arnt gonna just dubb him the best ever with so many things that accounted for his "SUCCESS". Cheating is a biggy.

Jets fan you also says that without Brady there would be no dynasty and all i say to that is without Adam V there would be no superbowl wins for the pats to hang there hat on =)

Please show me where I called Brady the best? I have said over and over he belongs in the discussion, I have never called him the best.

Vinatieri was very valuable as well obviously but w/o the QB getting the team in position to kick those FGs the FG Kicker is useless.

Please show me where I called Brady the best? I have said over and over he belongs in the discussion, I have never called him the best.

Vinatieri was very valuable as well obviously but w/o the QB getting the team in position to kick those FGs the FG Kicker is useless.

You mean how the tuck that tom did against the Raiders put them in position hahaha.

i was talkin for myself when i said the best. Its so far off to start throwing him in discussion , hes not even close to retirement yet. ..... Of course the QB gets them in position, it also shows that they struggled in that drive and the Kicker got squeezed them out some points. lol...everything you say is because of tom brady ...whats next ..with out the QB taking a dump in the morning the janitors wouldnt have a job! lol

You mean how the tuck that tom did against the Raiders put them in position hahaha.

i was talkin for myself when i said the best. Its so far off to start throwing him in discussion , hes not even close to retirement yet. ..... Of course the QB gets them in position, it also shows that they struggled in that drive and the Kicker got squeezed them out some points. lol...everything you say is because of tom brady ...whats next ..with out the QB taking a dump in the morning the janitors wouldnt have a job! lol

Great players and teams take advantage of breaks. He still had to get Vinatieri closer to kick the game tying FG and the had to drive NE into FG range in OT to win it. Oakland still had numerous chances to win that game. Just like in '82 when Mark Gastineau recovered a Miami fumble but they ruled the RB down incorrectly. That play happeend around midfield in a 0-0 game, the Jets didn't have to allow Miami to score a TD on that drive but they did and they lost the game. Good teams take advantages of breaks.

Great players and teams take advantage of breaks. He still had to get Vinatieri closer to kick the game tying FG and the had to drive NE into FG range in OT to win it. Oakland still had numerous chances to win that game. Just like in '82 when Mark Gastineau recovered a Miami fumble but they ruled the RB down incorrectly. That play happeend around midfield in a 0-0 game, the Jets didn't have to allow Miami to score a TD on that drive but they did and they lost the game. Good teams take advantages of breaks.

Of course he got him closer just like any QB does, its not unordinary or legendary of him.

Yes Oakland had numerous chances but that tuck BS resulted in Pats taking the lead. Its not like the raiders wernt winning already.

PS Tom Brady had D signals and was CHEATINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Of course he got him closer just like any QB does, its not unordinary or legendary of him.

Yes Oakland had numerous chances but that tuck BS resulted in Pats taking the lead. Its not like the raiders wernt winning already.

PS Tom Brady had D signals and was CHEATINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

It's not unordinary or legendary? Come on. What he did in the snow in that game and the drive to win the Super Bowl are absolutely legendary. What is your criteria for legendary? If that's not it then i guess Marino doesn't have any legendary moments b/c he doesn't have any moments like that in January.

It's not unordinary or legendary? Come on. What he did in the snow in that game and the drive to win the Super Bowl are absolutely legendary. What is your criteria for legendary? If that's not it then i guess Marino doesn't have any legendary moments b/c he doesn't have any moments like that in January.

Dont dig to much into what im saying, i said that moving the football to get a kicker into position isnt legendary and that it is ordinary for ANY qb to do so.

Also he cheated:wink:

Dont dig to much into what im saying, i said that moving the football to get a kicker into position isnt legendary and that it is ordinary for ANY qb to do so.

Also he cheated:wink:

If you say it's ordinary it must be, I guess it's ordinary to win 3 SBs, 2 of which by setting up the K for a FG. But if it's so ordinary how come Marino couldn't win one? how come Favre could only win one? how come Jim Kelly couldn't win one? How come It took Elway 4 tries to win one?

If you say it's ordinary it must be, I guess it's ordinary to win 3 SBs, 2 of which by setting up the K for a FG. But if it's so ordinary how come Marino couldn't win one? how come Favre could only win one? how come Jim Kelly couldn't win one? How come It took Elway 4 tries to win one?

omg lol its ORDINARY TO SET UP ANY KICKER FOR A FIELD GOAL. lol. Cleo lemon is legendary for setting up a kicker . YAY!!!!!!!!!! I dont get what you dont understand about that statment.

Its easy to win a superbowl when you have the other teams D signals...lol....dont wanna comment on that one?

omg lol its ORDINARY TO SET UP ANY KICKER FOR A FIELD GOAL. lol. Cleo lemon is legendary for setting up a kicker . YAY!!!!!!!!!! I dont get what you dont understand about that statment.

Its easy to win a superbowl when you have the other teams D signals...lol....dont wanna comment on that one?

Did Cleo lemon do it the SB w/ the game on the line? Did Cle Lemon do it in a divisional playoff in a driving snowstorm?

If it's easy when you steal signals then why didn't Marino win one from '96-'99? Jimmy Johnson admitted doing the same thing so why wasn't Dan able to win one?

Did Cleo lemon do it the SB w/ the game on the line? Did Cle Lemon do it in a divisional playoff in a driving snowstorm?

If it's easy when you steal signals then why didn't Marino win one from '96-'99? Jimmy Johnson admitted doing the same thing so why wasn't Dan able to win one?
when did jj say he was doing the same thing? got a source link etc.

So it takes a lot to choke on 3 different superbowls 3 times so your kicker can step in and do what you couldnt. Maybe if the patriots had Adam V this past superbowl they would have won.

when did jj say he was doing the same thing? got a source link etc.

So it takes a lot to choke on 3 different superbowls 3 times so your kicker can step in and do what you couldnt. Maybe if the patriots had Adam V this past superbowl they would have won.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...23/jimmy-johnson-thinks-spygate-is-overblown/

As for the 2nd point, Maybe b/c obviously the Kicker would have prevented the Giants from scoring that TD to win the game:rolleyes2:

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...23/jimmy-johnson-thinks-spygate-is-overblown/

As for the 2nd point, Maybe b/c obviously the Kicker would have prevented the Giants from scoring that TD to win the game:rolleyes2:

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?
JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

they used it for the next game they would play them. Pats used it for ingame adjustments. That is cheating to the extreme man, not every team did what the pats were doing.

FOR YOUR second point, it wouldnt have prevented the TD but as the game went the pats declined to go for a FG and went for it instead and got zero. If they went for it and they got it even if the Giants scored the TD the pats would have been tied up with the giants.

Name me the QB who isn't affected by a big time pass rush? That's the gamepan to rattle any QB and he didn't self destruct he led his team on a potential Game winning drive but the D couldn't hold down the opponent.

I never said he was the best just that he belongs in the discussion.

I'd like to know more about the signal styaling but he did have his best #s year whenb they weren't doing it so how much did it really help? and your former coach has admitted he did it so i'm sure more than a few teams were doing it. I'm sure it helped b/c why else would they have continued doing it BUT I don't know how much. The only way I can knock Brady out of the discussion is if we can ever find out just how much help he got from spygate.

big ben doesn't get rattled from pressure. he has great composure. sits in the pocket like noone is even coming. brady doesn't do that. he gets noticeably flustered and mad. is ben even a great QB? no. so shouldn't tom have better awareness in a crumbling pocket than someone who isn't even great? he sure should.

but i thought you were saying he was the best ever. if you are just saying that he belongs in the conversation then you are absolutely right. he does belong. it's hard to say whether or not the patriots owe their success to tom or if tom owes his success to the patsies. but that team has been unfairly good since he's been at the wheel. they have dominated great teams. with decent receivers around him, he did unbelievable things last year. he is amazing and belongs in the conversation - but he ain't the best. so as long as you don't think he is the best ever than we totally agree.

and i hate him. bad. it is hard for me to be objective with the patsies, but that fugger is great. just wish we would blitz his pompous *** every time he played the fins.

as far as all time goes - i would say top 10 as of right now. the rest of his career and how spy gate pans out will determine where he ends up.

do you have any idea how hard it is for me to give props to this guy? ugh.

I love the "product of the system" excuse. Brady would be successful in any system, he's an all-time great NFL QB and he's done so much of his career w/o great offensive talent around him.

You can blame it all on Bledsoe but NE had JUST re-signed Bledsoe to a long term contract so how was a 6th rd pick from the year before "a product of the system he was PRODUCED FOR"? Their plans were for Brady to be a backup long term until Brady was so good they didn't have a choice but to play him. W/ o w/o Mo lewis' hit Brady was going to play very soon.

Belichick was there in 2000 and went 5-11, he was 0-2 w/o Brady in 2001.

Belichick pre-Brady: 41-57, 1 playoff appearance, 5 of 6 losing seasons, 0-1 in playoffs.
Belichick w/ Brady: 86-24, 6 div titles, 6 playoff appearances, 3 SBs, 4 Conf titles, 14-3 in playoffs.

As far as Manning goes, I don't care aboput regular season games. That's not where the pressure is, it's in January and he has been a mediocre QB in January unlike Tom Brady and that's why he has only 1 SB and Brady has 3 SB wins and 4 SB appearances.

So I take it Marino is overrated then? Since 2001 NE has thrown the ball 54% of the time and run it 46% of the time. Miami from '83-'99(I took out '93 since he barely played) threw the ball 58% of the time and ran it 42%.
Quit throwin stats at me like a monkey chucking poop at a zoo, I dont care about stats. I go by what i see on the field. Since 2001 Brady has .....blah blah blah. I said earlier in the topic that I AM BIASED, and there is nothing anyone can say to me that is going to make me change my mind. "I'm going to prove my point by telling you how many 3rd and 3's the dolphins didnt convert in 1974 by throwing the ball 58.662417% of the time while the the tight end was flexing approximately 78.4521785412457854% of the time. I dont give a **** about stats. Brady is OVERRATED.

Back
Top Bottom