Is Tom Brady the Best Ever? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tom Brady the Best Ever?

Did I say Brady wasn't great? NO. I said he was great in my first two sentences. Nice strawman.

My point was that his first great season as a passer wasn't until last year. Was Pre-2007 Brady ever proclaimed the undisputed best QB ever? No. The reason why this thread exists is because of one season; last season.

Ya you gotta give the man credit, But not that much CREDIT. Anyone who watched those games last season watched those long bombs to moss watched moss's skills more than Brady's.

IMHO Brady is a great QB, best ever absolutly NO! The best QB in the NFL right now is Peyton Manning I believe with Brady second.
Brady is far and away better than Manning and has been for most of his career. if we are talking fantasy #s then yes peyton is better(although Brady passed him in that area as well last year) but Brady is the better QB b/c he always makes plays to win and he's not intimidated by playing in January- he thrives on it. It's why the coaches who were polled recently overwhelming chose Brady over manning to build a team around.

Of 29 HC's who responded 22 of them chose Brady and 6 Manning. Why is that?

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks...r-Manning.html

Sure and 1 of those coaches chose Jason Taylor. Coaches get fired, hired etc. it all comes down to the right players in the right scheme at the right time. Some coaches also preferred Leaf over Manning all coaches passed on Brady till the 6th round. A lot of coaches get fired for bringing in great players in FA with enormous contracts that play average in their scheme.

Fantasy #’s ??? In the next two years if Tom Brady can throw:
109 TD’s
15,256 more yards
The good news is with those numbers above he only has to raise his completion percent by 1.2%

If he can do that he would only of tied Peyton Manning as of today.;)

Brady would not have the success he has now if he was playing in the late 80's early 90's, with the rules and having two teams in the same division Bills and Dolphins (Kelly and Marino) slinging it out all the time which takes time off the board.

He'd have as much success as he's having now b/c he's better than kelly and may end up being better than Marino and his Pats teams are better than the Dolphins and Bills of the 80s and 90s.
How can you honestly come to that conclusion, with rule changes, game management differences, coaching differences (Shula & Levy), etc. etc. There’s more to a team then just a QB you have to factor in all of the intangibles.

Brady can win playing any style, whether it's a slug it out low scoring game or a high scoring shootout.

He proved that in the Superbowl, right??? :rolleyes:

New rules some made for him a.k.a. the tuck rule, no real constant competition in our division. I'm not even going to get into the asterisk.

What constant competition was there 154-20 years ago? The Bills were good every year bu the Jets, Colts and Pats stuink regularly and Miami was ok. It's just like now except Miami and Buf have stunk and the Jets have been ok makming the postseason every other year.

Are you honestly comparing the Bills-Dolphins 80-90’s to the Jets-Pats 02-06. When were the Jets strong enough to knock the Pats out of the playoffs???? It would be a safer assumption if the Colts were still in our division as of now playing each other twice a year and in the playoffs. That competition would be in the same realm of reality.

Did I say Brady wasn't great? NO. I said he was great in my first two sentences. Nice strawman.

My point was that his first great season as a passer wasn't until last year. Was Pre-2007 Brady ever proclaimed the undisputed best QB ever? No. The reason why this thread exists is because of one season; last season.

Was he procalined the best ever before this past season? NO, but he wasn't proclaimed the best ever after last season. Both before and after last season he was gaining steam in the discussion for best ever which is a discussion he clearly belongs in.

Sure and 1 of those coaches chose Jason Taylor.

Like we don't know that was Sparano gtrying to drum up interest in Taylor. No coach/exec in their right mind would build around Jason Taylor before Brady or manning. The dolphins built a D around him and Zach and were never great.

Fantasy #’s ??? In the next two years if Tom Brady can throw:
109 TD’s
15,256 more yards
The good news is with those numbers above he only has to raise his completion percent by 1.2%

If he can do that he would only of tied Peyton Manning as of today

and waht does that mean? Brady will still be winning and Manning will still be choking in January. Let's also not forget that Manning plays most of his games in Domes while Brady has weather issues to deal w/ playing most of his games in the Northeast. That affects #s yet Brady keeps on winning.

How can you honestly come to that conclusion, with rule changes, game management differences, coaching differences (Shula & Levy), etc. etc. There’s more to a team then just a QB you have to factor in all of the intangibles.

It's not like going from the 70s to the 90s, the 90s to this decade there isn't that big of a difference.

He proved that in the Superbowl, right???

Is he expected to win every game? He did lead his team down the field in the final minutes to take the lead in that Super Bowl. He won a shootout against Carolina and a low scoring SB against the Rams. You guys are so bitter towards the man, I hate him too but just admit how great he is so you can stop looking so silly w/ this bitterness.

Are you honestly comparing the Bills-Dolphins 80-90’s to the Jets-Pats 02-06. When were the Jets strong enough to knock the Pats out of the playoffs???? It would be a safer assumption if the Colts were still in our division as of now playing each other twice a year and in the playoffs. That competition would be in the same realm of reality.

When were the dolphins strong enough to knock the Bills out of the playoffs? Every time they played Buf humiliated them and instead of 3 consistently bad teams in the division like we had back then there are only 2 this decade.

Like we don't know that was Sparano gtrying to drum up interest in Taylor. No coach/exec in their right mind would build around Jason Taylor before Brady or manning. The dolphins built a D around him and Zach and were never great.

Are you also going to add the 6 coaches that didn't vote were Sparano's undoing by voting for JT....:sidelol:

and waht does that mean? Brady will still be winning and Manning will still be choking in January. Let's also not forget that Manning plays most of his games in Domes while Brady has weather issues to deal w/ playing most of his games in the Northeast. That affects #s yet Brady keeps on winning.

You brought up fantasy #'s, your getting way ahead of yourself here Brady has only thrown for over 20k yards....let's see what happens this year when we hope everything is on the up and up.

It's not like going from the 70s to the 90s, the 90s to this decade there isn't that big of a difference..

Ummm.....:foundout: that makes no sense....your saying, players, coaching etc.. have nothing to do about the difference in teams and the way the game is played. :unsure:

Is he expected to win every game? He did lead his team down the field in the final minutes to take the lead in that Super Bowl. He won a shootout against Carolina and a low scoring SB against the Rams. You guys are so bitter towards the man, I hate him too but just admit how great he is so you can stop looking so silly w/ this bitterness..

Silly?? see the above post...I think your blinded by this topic....if you look at my very first reply to this topic when did I say he's not a great QB?? In fact I did state exactly that. I'm just not going to make him greater than he is.

When were the dolphins strong enough to knock the Bills out of the playoffs? Every time they played Buf humiliated them and instead of 3 consistently bad teams in the division like we had back then there are only 2 this decade.

I thought you were trying to compare the Jets-Pats rivalry what happened here?? :err:

It's not even worth responding, just read what you wrote to me. It makes no sense.

Is he expected to win every game? He did lead his team down the field in the final minutes to take the lead in that Super Bowl. He won a shootout against Carolina and a low scoring SB against the Rams. You guys are so bitter towards the man, I hate him too but just admit how great he is so you can stop looking so silly w/ this bitterness.

He doesnt win or lose any game, its a team effort, he helps them win games. Its very slim that i saw tom brady ever put a team on his shoulders to get them that huge victory.

Really?? Did you miss Super Bowl 38?? Or the 2005 AFC Title game?

He doesnt win or lose any game, its a team effort, he helps them win games. Its very slim that i saw tom brady ever put a team on his shoulders to get them that huge victory.

2 games not slim enough??

It's not even worth responding, just read what you wrote to me. It makes no sense.

you make good points, as does everyone else, but there is no changing opinion on this topic. we have seen brady be exposed against pass rushing defenses. we are aware that he had an advantage by his team stealing signals - and who knows how far that went. he is a great QB and i would love to have him on this team (i hate me), but there is no way he is the best ever.

the greatest QB ever wouldn't self destruct when pressure is applied. the greatest QB ever wouldn't need to steal signals (like a little b1tch, might i add) to be the best. there is no argument there.

just say he's great and leave it at that. and from a jets fan? for shame. :(

Your hatred of the guy gets in the way of rational thinking. he has been the difference maker in that team, w/o him there is not a dynasty this decade. he's the reason they kept winning no matter how many critical injuries they had or no matter the lack of offensive talent around him. He's an all-time great, I despise the Pats and I hate Brady but I appreciate what the man has done and continues to do just like I hated marino and appreciated his greatness. The problem is Miami fans take it as a slap in the face to marino if they give Brady credit but you have to put that aside and realize how great this guy has been.

you make good points, as does everyone else, but there is no changing opinion on this topic. we have seen brady be exposed against pass rushing defenses. we are aware that he had an advantage by his team stealing signals - and who knows how far that went. he is a great QB and i would love to have him on this team (i hate me), but there is no way he is the best ever.

the greatest QB ever wouldn't self destruct when pressure is applied. the greatest QB ever wouldn't need to steal signals (like a little b1tch, might i add) to be the best. there is no argument there.

just say he's great and leave it at that. and from a jets fan? for shame. :(

Name me the QB who isn't affected by a big time pass rush? That's the gamepan to rattle any QB and he didn't self destruct he led his team on a potential Game winning drive but the D couldn't hold down the opponent.

I never said he was the best just that he belongs in the discussion.

I'd like to know more about the signal styaling but he did have his best #s year whenb they weren't doing it so how much did it really help? and your former coach has admitted he did it so i'm sure more than a few teams were doing it. I'm sure it helped b/c why else would they have continued doing it BUT I don't know how much. The only way I can knock Brady out of the discussion is if we can ever find out just how much help he got from spygate.

Back
Top Bottom