It's a slow day so call me crazy but | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's a slow day so call me crazy but

The Dolphins, who have the 25th pick in the first round, could be waiting to see whether Brown becomes a valuable bargaining chip this weekend.
"Miami is sitting in a good spot. As the draft gets going, his value goes up if running backs go off the board," said former NFL coach Herm Edwards, who will provide draft analysis for ESPN.
Two running backs are considered certain first-round picks, Georgia's Knowshon Moreno and Ohio State's Chris "Beanie" Wells. Connecticut's Donald Brown might go in the first round, too.
There will be other options beyond Round 1, which begins at 4 p.m. Saturday. But a team in need of a running back might prefer to give up a draft pick and/or a player for a veteran such as Ronnie Brown, who last season ran for 916 yards and 10 touchdowns while averaging just 13 carries.
Parcells, who likes to build through the draft, might jump at a chance to add to the team's nine draft picks, including Nos. 44 and 56 in the second round Saturday.
If the Dolphins keep Brown, 27, he will cost them a lot when he becomes a free agent after this season. Brown, the No. 2 pick in the 2005 draft, had a base salary of $3.6 million and a salary-cap hit of $6.1 million in 2008.
Whatever happens with Brown, the Dolphins hope to use the seven rounds this weekend to find help in four key areas: wide receiver, cornerback, nose tackle and pass-rushing linebackers

The Dolphins, who have the 25th pick in the first round, could be waiting to see whether Brown becomes a valuable bargaining chip this weekend.
"Miami is sitting in a good spot. As the draft gets going, his value goes up if running backs go off the board," said former NFL coach Herm Edwards, who will provide draft analysis for ESPN.
Two running backs are considered certain first-round picks, Georgia's Knowshon Moreno and Ohio State's Chris "Beanie" Wells. Connecticut's Donald Brown might go in the first round, too.
There will be other options beyond Round 1, which begins at 4 p.m. Saturday. But a team in need of a running back might prefer to give up a draft pick and/or a player for a veteran such as Ronnie Brown, who last season ran for 916 yards and 10 touchdowns while averaging just 13 carries.
Parcells, who likes to build through the draft, might jump at a chance to add to the team's nine draft picks, including Nos. 44 and 56 in the second round Saturday.
If the Dolphins keep Brown, 27, he will cost them a lot when he becomes a free agent after this season. Brown, the No. 2 pick in the 2005 draft, had a base salary of $3.6 million and a salary-cap hit of $6.1 million in 2008.
Whatever happens with Brown, the Dolphins hope to use the seven rounds this weekend to find help in four key areas: wide receiver, cornerback, nose tackle and pass-rushing linebackers

Should make things interesting on draft day atleast... I really would like to keep Ronnie... but if someone offers BP and Co. a really good deal (for a 2nd and maybe a player or later pick) I could see them pulling the trigger I guess, but then I'd want to add help at RB for sure!... That would however give us 3 2nds and we could really do some damage...

I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow!!!

Henne is the future right? Braylon Edwards was one of Henne's receivers...would Parcells trade for Edwards...kinda killing two birds with one stone. We need a receiver and our future QB knows him. Just a thought on a slow day...but you never know.

The Brown's need picks...I don't see why Parcells can't work out something. How about a Ronnie Brown for Braylon Edwards trade? The Browns don't have much at RB.
With 12 key players becoming either RFA or UFA next season the Dolphins need picks too.

Ronnie for Braylon? Do you really think Parcells & Co are going to acquire a receiver looking for a $10 million per year deal?
http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/blog/2009/04/the_price_goes_down_which_pric.html
Well, according to a person familiar with the situation, it's not so much the trade price that is holding the Giants back from making a deal for Boldin (or Braylon Edwards for that matter) but the price each of those players is looking for in his next contract. Both are said to be looking for $10 million-per-year deals similar to Larry Fitzgerald's. That's pretty steep cash.

Ronnie not oing anywhere and i proved the trade between cards and titans were rumors just believe me

dude i seen the offer at like 5:30 not 7:00
U really dont know what your talking about

We're already paying Ronnie so what's your point?

The point is Ronnie contract is going to be up after this year...ask yourself...why would the Dolphins release the info that Ronnie is available if the price is right? What do they have to gain...nothing...other than a trading partner. Some team will look at the board and say...Ronnie Brown..where does he stack against the rushers in this draft...I believe we all know the answer to that. Parcells won't give him away...but he won't be afraid to trade him either.

dude i seen the offer at like 5:30 not 7:00
U really dont know what your talking about

Titans | Receive permission to discuss contract with Boldin
Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:56:42 -0700
ESPN.com reports the Tennessee Titans have received permission from the Arizona Cardinals to talk to Drew Rosenhaus, agent for WR Anquan Boldin, about a new contract after the Titans offered a 2009 second-round draft pick and a player to be named in exchange for Boldin, sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Excuse me it's actually 3:56...and PLEASE don't call me Dude.

We r talkin bout to diffrent things im talkin about supposeably when they offered the trade u r talkin bout when they got permission to talk to his agent but now we both kno its a rumor

all i kno is i turned espn on at like 5:30 central time and it said titans made a offer which is not false

Back
Top Bottom