It's a slow day so call me crazy but | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's a slow day so call me crazy but

The point is Ronnie contract is going to be up after this year...ask yourself...why would the Dolphins release the info that Ronnie is available if the price is right? What do they have to gain...nothing...other than a trading partner. Some team will look at the board and say...Ronnie Brown..where does he stack against the rushers in this draft...I believe we all know the answer to that. Parcells won't give him away...but he won't be afraid to trade him either.
Ronnie will be a restricted free agent next year which means we have more options than just trying to trade him this year and taking the additional $2.5 million hit that comes with it. We can either sign him to an extension this season or tag him next year and still get atleast a first day draft pick for him.

When exactly did the Dolphins release this informaion? Unless I missed something, this was something started by Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post.

Ronnie will be a restricted free agent next year which means we have more options than just trying to trade him this year and taking the additional $2.5 million hit that comes with it. We can either sign him to an extension this season or tag him next year and still get atleast a first day draft pick for him.

When exactly did the Dolphins release this informaion? Unless I missed something, this was something started by Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post.

Actually it's been in all the local press.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolphins-percy-harvin-042409,0,3618167.column

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2009/04/24/0424dolphins.html

By the way...Lombardi and Parcells are long time friends.

Man u can go on espn and read the boldin article i already posted it

Lets start again...are you saying that the article is false...or true?

I happen to believe it. ESPN wouldn't know unless someone told them...that info. They wouldn't know that the Cards gave the Titans permission to talk to Boldin's agent. The only way the Titans can talk to Boldin is IF the Cards gave that permission...otherwise it's interferring with another teams player. I don't believe that the Titans would be that stupid...to lose draft picks.

Actually it's been in all the local press.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...dolphins-percy-harvin-042409,0,3618167.column

By the way...Lombardi and Parcells are long time friends.
I don't really care if Lombardi and Parcells are long time friends. When Michael says that Ronnie Brown is not a yards after contact-typle of running back, he loses a lot of credibility with me.

With all the talk he has started about the Dolphins trading Ronnie Brown, it seems more like he trying to accomodate Tedy Bruschi by getting rid of the one player in the division he doesn't like facing twice a year.

We could always trade Brown and our 2nd round pick for Braylon and Shaun Rogers. Yeas rogers is 30 but DT play for many years. He will be good for another 5-7 years and we would get our #1 WR who stretches the field. Then we draft Moreno , Brown with the #25 or take Andre Brown, Peerman, or Jennings in the 3rd/4th. Its just a scenario . I really like Braylon though and Shaun ROgers is a beast. Rb dont last foreve but I think Brown has another 3-4 years of great running still since he was out with the injury and with RW carrying half the load. But BP loves big nasty DT and Rogers is that.

I don't really care if Lombardi and Parcells are long time friends. When Michael says that Ronnie Brown is not a yards after contact-typle of running back, he loses a lot of credibility with me.

With all the talk he has started about the Dolphins trading Ronnie Brown, it seems more like he trying to accomodate Tedy Bruschi by getting rid of the one player in the division he doesn't like facing twice a year.

Say your right...then why haven't the Dolphins refuted the statement from Lombardi and now the local writers?

This just didn't happen...it's been a week or more. If this was smoke...to what end?

Say your right...then why haven't the Dolphins refuted the statement from Lombardi and now the local writers?

This just didn't happen...it's been a week or more. If this was smoke...to what end?
The local writers are just repeating to what Lombardi said and atleast two local writers, Salguero and Fialkov have already disputed the legitimacy of what Lombard has reported.

Look at how long it took the Dolphins to respond to all the Jason Taylor rumors last year. Also look at some of the heat they took after Parcells made his statement that Taylor would play for the Dolphins in 2008 or retire and then ended up trading him anyways. It also would not be in their best interest to refute the rumors just in case a team make them an offer that may be too good to turn down.

The local writers are just repeating to what Lombardi said and atleast two local writers, Salguero and Fialkov have already disputed the legitimacy of what Lombard has reported.

Look at how long it took the Dolphins to respond to all the Jason Taylor rumors last year. Also look at some of the heat they took after Parcells made his statement that Taylor would play for the Dolphins in 2008 or retire and then ended up trading him anyways. It also would not be in their best interest to refute the rumors just in case a team make them an offer that may be too good to turn down.

Just in case....now you got it. :woot:

Thats the ONLY reason why Parcells wants it out there...because he knows it's a weak running back draft...and it could help the Dolphins one way or the other....thats why the Dolphins won't refute it.

Back
Top Bottom