It's Grass....dope....who cares? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Grass....dope....who cares?

truthfully i don't care except it shows poor judgement and it was in a hugely important stretch last year in december...with all the stuff also going on then...grass? who cares? THE NFL obviously and especially himself when you think it now leaves him with one more chance before getting suspended for 1/4th of the season.

now i don't think any less of him because of it...but it doesn't help the team...i mean do it but don't get caught and watch the frig out during the season when so much is at stake.

What if he lights up prior to a game against the Pats and he fumbles the ball to their D and they score? Would any of you who don't care, care then? :shakeno:

You NEED to light up, maing. :fire:

DOLFANMIKE said:
I didn't say insecure. Read it again. I said immature. If you don't think it's immature for you use illegal drugs then thats just a fundemental difference between what you and I believe.

My take is that if the guy knows what he is doing is illegal, and that he's going to be tested, and continues to use weed anyway...that is immature. It's immature because it is selfish knowing it will hurt his pocketbook, reputation, and his health. It's also immature because it hurts the team because if he doesnt stop smoking weed he won't be playing football.

I don't get what's funny about that? :confused:

I don't need to read it again. The mention of insecurity was was my take on your immature comment. I was equating immaturity with needing to smoke to be cool. Hence the insecure comment. Understand? I'm sure you're concerned for Ricky because he'll be smoking crack or shooting up some smack next right? I mean its a gateway drug right? We can't have Ricky breaking the hearts of millions of kids across the nation after thier parents have dropped down 50.00 dollars on a jersey now can we?

phintastic said:
I care.
His family cares.
His body cares.
His brain cares.
His lungs care.
His coaches care.
The NFL cares.
The law cares.
Kids that are fans care.
Endorsement opportunities care.
His agent cares.
The piss man cares.
The media cares.

Themole could care less.

finleyfinton said:
i dont care. he is a player on the field and what he does off should be his business, barring a suspension.
i bet 1-3 smoke grass so who are we to criticize...
let him be. he does not come into our bedroom and scrutinize what we are doing so i think that he should be left alone. the media screws him and ony other athlete.

because RW is a public figure, under law, the media can divulge any and all info about him...but i think that the public has just as much as a right to know everything and anything about the people brining us this news. i mean we are taking there word for things and passing judgment on others based on their reports.
so i wanna know, what does ethan skonick do at night...does he cross dress..is he at home in a hot pink thong painting his nails????

My bet is he (Ethan) Mod Edit: Sorry, your bet has been deleted.

Den54 said:
I don't need to read it again. The mention of insecurity was was my take on your immature comment. I was equating immaturity with needing to smoke to be cool. Hence the insecure comment. Understand? I'm sure you're concerned for Ricky because he'll be smoking crack or shooting up some smack next right? I mean its a gateway drug right? We can't have Ricky breaking the hearts of millions of kids across the nation after thier parents have dropped down 50.00 dollars on a jersey now can we?

If you think the only reason a parent would care about Ricky's drug use is the 50.00 dollars we may have dropped on a RW jersey you are far off the mark on what I'm thinking. My kids aren't being brought up to idolize Ricky or anyone else. However, it is a good thing to have people outside the family to look up to. People that make a difference, people that are skilled, especially when they are skilled at something (like football) that the kid places a value on. Ricky's drug use is putting his career in jeapordy. That is immature.
If Ricky knows what he is doing is illegal, and that he's going to be tested, and continues to use weed anyway...that is immature. It's immature because it is selfish knowing it will hurt his pocketbook, reputation, and his health. It's also immature because it hurts the team because if he doesnt stop smoking weed he won't be playing football.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Maturity is relative. I see nothing immature about smoking pot.

So you are telling me Dolfan that if Ricky continues to smoke weed and gets suspended for 4 games or for a season after continuing to indulge that isnt immature? What is it then? It hurts him financially, yet he does it. It hurts his reputation, yet he does it. It hurts his health, yet he does it. It also will result in him from being suspended from football. I see him choosing to use weed as immature. Getting caught the first time should have made it clear that this was something he needed to give up. He owes that to his team and fans.

DOLFANMIKE said:
So you are telling me Dolfan that if Ricky continues to smoke weed and gets suspended for 4 games or for a season after continuing to indulge that isnt immature? What is it then? It hurts him financially, yet he does it. It hurts his reputation, yet he does it. It hurts his health, yet he does it. It also will result in him from being suspended from football. I see him choosing to use weed as immature. Getting caught the first time should have made it clear that this was something he needed to give up. He owes that to his team and fans.

great response it shows a selfish side to ricky if he wants to continue something that can hurt his team.

it is stupid and irresponsible, but I don't think it is immature.

If he smoked pot in Tags face and said "nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo", then I would say it is immature.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
it is stupid and irresponsible, but I don't think it is immature.

If he smoked pot in Tags face and said "nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo", then I would say it is immature.

So define immature then. If it is not synonymous with stupid and irresponsible, what is it synonymous with?

Here is one better,there is a differance between iggnorant and stupid. Iggnorant is, you do isomething and do not know any better.Stupid is, you know better and you do it anyway. Judgeing the fact he had tested positive before and knew better. What do you think this makes Ricky if he is guilty? BTW, most people who are immature, in my opinion, are iggnorant. I think stupid and selfish fits better if he he is guilty.

Just to weigh in (5'11" 195..."ding"):

I'm sure we can relate to both sides of the issue, & for anyone who's gone through tough times because of others' irresponsibility, but we sure are making a lot of assumptions about Ricky. It sounds like he had levels in his system that would indicate 2nd hand smoke..meaning he went clubbing or was hanging out with some NBA guys ( :cool: )

It doesn't sound like he's endorsing anything as a way of life - sure we might get that impression based on media reports, but it's far from enough reason to call him "immature" or even question his devotion to team sports...

Any substance can be used or misused and cause great harm to innocent bystanders through such irresponsibility, but is not the fault of the substance itself. Sure the drug can facillitate the moment of destruction, but so does sitting behind a desk at McDonnell-Douglass (ahem, weapons manufacturers)

And (IMHO here) drug use does not equate with immaturity. It might bely a lack of willpower or need to find other ways to cope, but saying it's immature is simplistic. I think most appeal in mind-altering drugs comes in the perspective-altering shift that results from the high - granted, addiction can be close after & that is dangerous...but it can be argued that this change in perspective leads to a greater maturity, even if it comes initially through weakness...

From all other accounts Ricky seems like a quality guy that's nice, respectful, spiritual, and considerate of others. I'm not going to bail on him over this. And it's not like (ok here's where I distract from my commentary by taking a shot) he intentionally misled a powerful nation into razing a small 4th world country all the while professing a deep belief in Christianity...

And there are a lot of tightly-wound people out there that could use a lttle second-hand smoke...(see above)

There are many more who need to lay off the first hand smoke too.LMAO!

Back
Top Bottom